Yet another Pay2Win ? - Page 11 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Yet another Pay2Win ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
304 replies to this topic

#251 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

true, actually in all honesty that stupid angeling over my head thing is more of a reason to not get vip than the vip package is worth to me.

I'm with you on that one. I was planning on getting vip on the first day, but I don't like that angeling. I kind of want to wait to see of they can get a toggle switch for it.

#252 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

from what i heard you can toggle it. People that see the Angelic can get quite jelly and unfriendly towards people that support a game they like to see continuing.

Edited by Ilyuusha, 29 April 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#253 RailChild

RailChild

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

from what i heard you can toggle it. People that see the Angelic can get quite jelly and unfriendly towards people that support a game they like to see continuing.

It's not that fact of being people jealous. It's just irritating to see it everywhere. People with low-end computers can't hand it either if there is a large crowd of people and there are 40+ Angelic Icons above their heads.

For me, it's just plain annoying :/ Not jealousy.

#254 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's not that fact of being people jealous. It's just irritating to see it everywhere. People with low-end computers can't hand it either if there is a large crowd of people and there are 40+ Angelic Icons above their heads.

For me, it's just plain annoying :/ Not jealousy.

Well havent thought about the low-end PCs...but still with you not being jelly, youre still the minority. Its in most MMO's the same, once ppl know you purchased somethin in the CS they start acting differently. Like you playing unfair or something. Supporting the game so everyone can play doesnt cross people minds that often... (; ̄д ̄)

#255 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Well havent thought about the low-end PCs...but still with you not being jelly, youre still the minority. Its in most MMO's the same, once ppl know you purchased somethin in the CS they start acting differently. Like you playing unfair or something. Supporting the game so everyone can play doesnt cross people minds that often... (; ̄д ̄)

So true, once they see the icon instead of: hey thanks for supporting this game we all love to play, good job!. It's more like: lol look at this noob, he needs to buy cash shop items to win, rofl, paying real money for pixels, what a loser.

Meanwhile instead of spending the measly $9 to support the game, they to buy a double quarter pounder with cheese super sized from McDonald's for $9 lol.

#256 Quzar

Quzar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Meanwhile instead of spending the measly $9 to support the game, they to buy a double quarter pounder with cheese super sized from McDonald's for $9 lol.

First off, McDonald's don't have SuperSize as an option no more. Second, the large value meal only costs roughly $6-7, depending on where you live in the US. :heh:

Edited by Quzar, 29 April 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#257 Groteske

Groteske

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNear Here

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

More like Pay to buyallthecostumecraptofeedmydamnobsessionwithbeingcuterthanyou.

#258 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Honestly I don't care if people are VIP or not. I actually think its cool cause I like people who help support games. The problem with the angeling is that it is SO FRACKIN HUGE! For me it totally breaks any and all immersion. That is why I want to be able to toggle it.

And from what I heard in the Q&A video, the toggle won't be in the game at launch, but our devs have submitted a request for one to the Korean devs.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

More like Pay to buyallthecostumecraptofeedmydamnobsessionwithbeingcuterthanyou.

Amen sista'/brotha'!

#259 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

^^^^^^^ PRETTY MUCH ME.

And from what I heard in the Q&A video, the toggle won't be in the game at launch, but our devs have submitted a request for one to the Korean devs.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I gathered from the Q&A video as well. But hey, if it's toggle...able at launch even better! Maybe I'll end up getting VIP sooner than I expected.

#260 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

^5

#261 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

you need to work on your attitude or the ban hammer should come down, no matter how much you spend.

I don't think I said anything against the Terms of Service so please come again

#262 nIXne

nIXne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Best role model NA. Earl Grey professionalism, represent!

#263 Critterion

Critterion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

They have Courage to Release this on Steam because the Community there are usually pay2win haters .

#264 Enharmonics

Enharmonics

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Will not spend a single penny on this game crew checking in.

Won't stop me from getting good at it.

#265 Zorinth

Zorinth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

If you play the game you should spend some money on it, support the company, just get any p2w items(outside of maybe some costumes that just happpen to give stat bonuses, but more for the item iteself). I just think P2W is a bad idea if a company wants a decent community or a lasting community. Having p2w directly seperates the community between those who buy stat up items and those who dont, also people who end up not having money for a period of time due to life are the unable to play at the level they were before and will often times quit and start playing a differant game.

#266 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

If you play the game you should spend some money on it, support the company, just get any p2w items(outside of maybe some costumes that just happpen to give stat bonuses, but more for the item iteself). I just think P2W is a bad idea if a company wants a decent community or a lasting community. Having p2w directly seperates the community between those who buy stat up items and those who dont, also people who end up not having money for a period of time due to life are the unable to play at the level they were before and will often times quit and start playing a differant game.

Without Pay2Win, the Money doesn't flow, the company can go bankrupt at any time, i'm actually glad its a free to play game, but rather Pay2Win helps the company keep the game up, if the company doesn't generate Funds for the game, then it ends. so pay2win keeps the economy going and not only that, the flow of the game, (Without money, the game is as good as gone, (i've seen this happen to another gamebryo engine induced game), pay2win doesn't separate me from the rest to be honest. I'm just here to have fun, and if i'm not having fun then what's the point, Pay2Win doesn't make any difference within the economy, it's how the players will think, that's their choice,

(the only thing i'm concerned is if the dungeon reset scroll approach is taken), that'll just make the game less fun for me to play because it'll just be typical as any other mmo, having to wait days on end for a dungeon, it would make me feel upset and that would be it, just for quests, and if i miss any out and end up losing 1 item for a dungeon quest)

On some point, sure i'm not fond of Pay2Win, but if it generates revenue for the company who has it hosted on their servers, who spend hundreds, not thousands of dollars, fixing up their servers for the arrival of players, for everyone's sake of playing the mmo then Pay2Win is needed. no matter what the cause,

Just a quick formula

If Pay2Win = Not pay2win.
Then pay2win = pay2Play.
then, not pay2win, paytoplay.

People are getting it free to play with no substantial costs, So people are lucky they won't have to pay extra a month just to play the game >:3

you can't have one positive without a negative <3

Edited by AmiiMii, 30 April 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#267 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

There are only one problem - the target audience. If game have a ficsation on gettin as much as possible money in short term then there will be eventual problem for any newcomer - as it will be necessary to pay at one lump-sum X10-X100 times more than any subscription game to be competitive. The only way to solve it is not to sell any permanent or longterm power boosters(as Runes, Refinement stones and enchants) and limit your shop only with limited amount of power-affecting consumables.

#268 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

There are only one problem - the target audience. If game have a ficsation on gettin as much as possible money in short term then there will be eventual problem for any newcomer - as it will be necessary to pay at one lump-sum X10-X100 times more than any subscription game to be competitive. The only way to solve it is not to sell any permanent or longterm power boosters(as Runes, Refinement stones and enchants) and limit your shop only with limited amount of power-affecting consumables.

they already do a lot of temporary ones- a few things are permanent, not many from my perspective, a lot are temporary already
they get a large amount of money from over 1k+

Not only do the company have to pay game fees, but if i know right it goes into the salary of the people working on the game and the staff and all that :3

Edited by AmiiMii, 30 April 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#269 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Too bad anyone can buy these in-game, just by farming Zenny. So it's a rather moot point...

#270 Ilyuusha

Ilyuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I don't think I said anything against the Terms of Service so please come again

Even if you didnt say anything against the Terms of Service but only your opinion, it was still straight down negative and unproductive. For someone that leads and represents a big guild and wants it to be "professional" you should really work towars a better image even if it contradicts with your personality.

Edit: heres the quote from you:

Why are you even posting on this thread than, you simply have no say. I seriously hate people like you. zzzzzz

Edited by Ilyuusha, 30 April 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#271 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Too bad anyone can buy these in-game, just by farming Zenny. So it's a rather moot point...

invalid. You can't buy Mounts.

#272 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

That's right, we can't buy mounts in game, we buy mount reins with a standard peco peco from either Prontera or Alberta.

And shouldn't we keep the off-topic insults off the forum in general? If you have something to say to someone, don't steer the topic off course, please. This isn't directed to anyone specifically, but it really detracts from the conversation to have people rehash things people have said that weren't relevant in the first place, thus adding more irrelevant details in an already very long thread.

#273 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

invalid. You can't buy Mounts.

Invalid, you get one for free anyhow, and those Mount Boxes are tradeable, I bet.

#274 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Invalid, you get one for free anyhow, and those Mount Boxes are tradeable, I bet.

7 Day free mount ;D, & nop. You'll be sticking with Peco Peco 4 life

#275 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

7 Day free mount ;D, & nop. You'll be sticking with Peco Peco 4 life

Peco Peco is still a mount.