[RELEASE v1.1] - Lionel's Music Replacements for RO2 - Creative Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[RELEASE v1.1] - Lionel's Music Replacements for RO2

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK WELCOMED!

Introduction

Welcome to Lionel's Ragnarok Online 2: Legend of the Second music arrangement! While the music included in RO2 is great to listen to and I encourage you to do so, I feel that there is not enough music for the scale of the game. That is why I have created new arrangements for the areas below. These arrangements include songs from RO1, RO2:GotW, RO2:LotS, and other sources related to the Ragnarok franchise. I encourage you to download them below. Version 1.1 has been released. Please download it in Section I below.

Section I - Full Download:

Full Download Version 1.1 - Released on 5/8/2013 - Download this if you are a new user.Patch to Version 1.1 - Use this if you have already downloaded Version 1.0 and only need to updateInstructions:
1. Download the zipped RO2 BGM replacement folder from a link above.
2. In your Ragnarok 2 folder, replace the music within the BGM_F folder with the music in the folder from the download.
3. Please provide any feedback or errors related to mapping.

Patch Notes:
1.1 - Added Culverts and Alberta City as these were not part of the original Version 1.0 download. Added new song for Maple_Fire_01 (Dimensional Scar Location).

Section II - Individual Song Downloads/Progress:

A. Overworld Tracks
Mjollnir Mountain - COMPLETE (Link)
Mjollnir Mountain (Forest) - COMPLETE (Link)
Prontera Town - COMPLETE (Link)
South Plain - COMPLETE (Link)
South Plain (Mountainside) - NO CHANGE FOR NOW
Izrud Hill - COMPLETE (Link 1) (Link 2)
Izrud Hill (Forest) - COMPLETE (Link)
Payon Forest - COMPLETE (Link)
Payon Fire - COMPLETE (Link)
Payon Forest (Mihos Area) - NO CHANGE FOR NOW
Payon Forest (Dungeon Area) - NO CHANGE FOR NOW
Maple Forest - COMPLETE (Link)
Divided Plain - COMPLETE (Link)
Verta Delta - COMPLETE (Link)
Alberta - COMPLETE (Link)
Sogratt Desert - COMPLETE (Link)
Road of Bless - COMPLETE (Link)

B. Dungeon Tracks
Culvert - COMPLETE (Link)
GoldenThief - COMPLETE (Link) - Extended
Wolyahwa - COMPLETE (Link)
Lucille - COMPLETE (Link)

Section III - Detailed Zone Compositions:

A. Overworld Tracks

Mjollnir Mountain (East & West - Open Plains)

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Mjollnir Mountain.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Mjollnir Mountain.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Mjollnir Mountain (Forest, Near Culverts)

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Polluted Mjollnir Mountain.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Polluted Mjollnir Mountain.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Prontera

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Prontera Theme.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Prontera Theme.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Prontera South Plain

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Prontera South plain.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Prontera South plain.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Izrud Hill

This is the final work:This final track has an optional song that is not from the RO series. (Disclaimer: I do not own the work or rights to the first song.) To use this candidate, download it with the optional song here: Izrud Hill.mp3 or without the optional song here: Izrud Hill.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder, but make sure it is renamed Izrud Hill.mp3. You should backup the original Izrud Hill.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Izrud Hill (Forest Area)

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Izrud Hill_02.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Izrud Hill_02.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Payon Forest

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Payon Forest.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Payon Forest.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Payon Fire

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Payon_Fire_01.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Payon_Fire_01.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Maple Forest

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Maple Forest.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Maple Forest.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Divided Plain

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Divided Plain.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Divided Plain.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Alberta City

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Alberta City.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Alberta City.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Verta Delta

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Verta Delta.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Verta Delta.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Sogratt Desert

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Sogratt Desert.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Sogratt Desert.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Blessing Road

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Blessing Road.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Blessing Road.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

B. Dungeon Tracks

Culvert

This is the final work:
  • Song 1: Forsaken by KudoDrag (Zach Werner) - 1:55 **I have no idea why I had this but it is almost like it was made in inspiration of Under the Ground
  • Song 2: Under the Ground (RO1) - 3:23
To use this final track, download it from here: Culvert.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Culvert.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Golden Thiefbug

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: GoldenThief.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original GoldenThief.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Wolyahwa

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Wolyahwa.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Wolyahwa.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music.

Lucille

This is the final work:To use this final track, download it from here: Lucille.mp3
Then place the music file in your RO2's "BGM_F" folder. You should backup the original Lucille.mp3 file in case you wish to revert back to the original game music. This song

Edited by kwiqsilvr, 13 May 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#2 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think this would be awesome, unfortunately I have no way of helping though.

#3 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I have added a candidate for the open plains areas of Mjollnir Mountain east and west. See if you like it. Mjollnir will receive heavily remixed music, but other areas will receive original music as well as remixed.

#4 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Have you tried listening to the full GotW soundtrack that Yoko Kanno produced? The current LotS doesn't even use 10% of the GotW OST, I think that if you're going to be changing the music, using Yoko Kanno's renowned music that was originally intended for RO2 would be a great consideration.

#5 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, I think the majority of GoTW's soundtrack did end up in the resource files of RO2 (considering it was part of Gravity's IP anyway and they may have intended to use it in the future). Depending on the atmosphere of different locations I may be able to incorporate GoTW's soundtrack a bit more.

Unfortunately, the zone triggers for changing the music are few and far in between, so when I create the candidate for a particular area, all of the songs will have to be able to flow naturally with one another. But I will definitely try to work in GoTW's tracks if I can.

#6 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

There are about ten of the original RO2 soundtrack in the current LotS client files. There are at least 86 GotW songs, which I hope they get to use a lot more of them, because the current RO2 is mostly generic fantasy MMO bgms.

http://forums.warppo...he-world-music/

#7 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, there are some good themes in ro2, but there are some repetitive and generic too, like prontera music and some others...

Edited by Thaiku, 22 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#8 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

I prefer the original version of Streamside. Nostalgia overload!

#9 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

RO1 music is... 1000% better...i'm going to replace all the music (at the moment, only the first maps music (before hit prontera for fist time) is good for me)

Edited by Thaiku, 22 April 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#10 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Haha, good to see someone thought of this as well. I did something similar, however I used the Gate of the World soundtrack. Good luck with this! It makes world of difference, I love the RO1 OST too but... GotW... Yoko Kanno <3

P.S. Example of what I have it set up as:

Posted Image

#11 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Update: If anyone has a chance to download the Mjollnir Mountain candidate and see if it works (and if you like it) before 5PM today, I would appreciate it. Feedback will be very important to this project, so please consider whether or not the music fits and if the transitions are smooth between tracks in a candidate.

I prefer the original version of Streamside. Nostalgia overload!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUGGOqpMt5o

I am planning on making multiple versions one will be remixed + GotW + RO1 original music and then the second will be exclusively RO1 music. I plan to eventually create a website where you can download either set or create your own set by selecting individual tracks that you want from the two sets.

Haha, good to see someone thought of this as well. I did something similar, however I used the Gate of the World soundtrack. Good luck with this! It makes world of difference, I love the RO1 OST too but... GotW... Yoko Kanno <3

Posted Image

I'll have to review the GotW music to see if it fits the atmosphere, but I will definitely be considering your selections for the areas when I create the candidates. Thanks for the suggestions.

#12 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

a map like that with the original themes used in LotS would be great, so people can know what music is used at the moment in the game and where.

#13 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'll work on that and update it as I set up the tracks. Thanks.

#14 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

I have added a candidate for Izlude Hill. This set has a lot of "World Ethnic" music in it and it includes some GotW tracks as well. There are two versions, one includes the optional song "The Bird Chirps, I Sing", which is not property of Gravity. The song is owned by Namco and I have no rights to the song. Furthermore, I have no rights to the remixed version of the song, which uses Datenkou's voice and can be viewed here. I am currently seeking Datenkou's permission to use the track and if it is denied it will be removed.

That being said, I'd really recommend checking out both versions and providing your feedback. All of the tracks included on the rehash are located at this SoundCloud Channel.

#15 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

Yes! Another Yoko Kanno lover! GotW has a breathtaking soundtrack, I can't imagine Gravity not using this music that's already paid for in the future. I feel it still fits LotS perfectly.

#16 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Oh wow, I am totally using this for Sograt Desert. I can't wait to mix that music, it's going to have a lot of cowboy theme music. Hopefully the music won't be too depressing or it may feel like Vanilla WoW's Desolace.

#17 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

I put the Izlude Hill one in my game's bgm folder, but in that folder the original track is called Izrud Hill. I changed the title of your mp3 to match the one in my folder, but did anyone else see Izrud Hill in their folder?

#18 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I put the Izlude Hill one in my game's bgm folder, but in that folder the original track is called Izrud Hill. I changed the title of your mp3 to match the one in my folder, but did anyone else see Izrud Hill in their folder?

Ah you found a mistake in my titling. You are 100% correct that Izrud Hill.mp3 is the actual title within the game file. Thanks for the feedback.

#19 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have added Sogratt desert to the mix. I decided to go with a desolate/cowboy theme to it. By the time you reach Sogratt desert, you're in the seventh inning stretch of leveling, so I wanted the music to be a little more like ambiance. Let me know what you think! You can down load it and my other tracks for your game client here: Lionel's Music

Edited by kwiqsilvr, 24 April 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#20 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ok last update for tonight. Added South Prontera Field candidate. Please see the first post for all the song and set links. Let me know what you think!

#21 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

Ooooo thank you for all these track replacements! I can't wait to test them on May 1st!

#22 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

You're welcome! I'm glad someone is appreciating my work.

#23 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I lied, I finished one more song tonight. The Culvert is done and uses the old Culvert music from RO1 as well as a track by Zach Werner (KudoDrag) called Forsaken. I cannot find this track anywhere online and if anyone could point me in the artist's direction I'd appreciate it. However, I have a feeling I downloaded it because it was on a remix CD for RO games. I mean, listen to how similar it is to the original culvert song.

I guess a fitting title would be: "Under the Ground - Extended Version", enjoy! As with all my arrangements, you can download them from here: Lionel's Music

#24 Vynnyx

Vynnyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:iRO - Odin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Culvert link be wrong...
Btw, nice work !!

#25 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr