• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, I just feel this have to be done lol. A class forum will never be complete without one of these lol.

Well nvm me, I have already decided that I'm going for Rogue as my alt (Mained Sorcerer).

I just hope this thread can enlighten newbies. So I am expecting some thief experts to spit out their comments regarding both advancement classes in this thread and not flame/spammers, okay? Thanks!

... annndddd lol what a shame. No voting options? :p_sleep:

#2 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

This is a matter of mobility vs survival. Sins have better mobility but rogues have the better survival capabilities. If you want someone who can semi-tank, Assassin. If you prefer a bit of burst dps without having a healer to even look, rogue.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Assassins are very fast, I'm talking out run peco peco fast. When you have moments to get out of a massive AoE, they can escape easily. If they run out of time to get out, there is Shadow Armor to reduce the damage. There is also potential to kite other melee with massive run speed, so fast in fact that you can out run peco pecos.

Honestly, I like the sound of both and my gut tells me that rogues might get an assassin in 1v1 if they stand toe to toe.

#4 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Rogues are anti-assassins. It is almost suicide to try to take on a rogue as an assassin especially at even strength because of a rogue's dirty trick. Also, rogues can get sins out of hide too. Assassins naturally move faster in shadow form and the cloaking skill additionally adds on top of that, but only while hidden, which is the only problem.

#5 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

i personally think rogue all the way will win but it really depends on players skills but when it all comes down to it. rogue has been the top dog. in pvp. since RO1. so u cant really lie about that. a well played rogue. is REALLY really hard to kill. i rem at one point. in time. during woe with my guild infinity. it took. 20 players. to take down. one rogue.. who literally. just walked into the emp room alone. and he killed. 6 peeps. along the way lol. rogues survivability is like so high its rediculous.

Oh and btw. hat shadow form. skill was once a rogue. skill that makes the other player take all the damage instead of the rogue. i guess they thought it was too OP xD

Edited by LordInuyasha, 22 April 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#6 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Only problem with rogues here as with many classes. High vit does not mean immunity to stuns. Therefore, all that is needed is to stun lock a rogue for at least 6 seconds and they are sent to heaven.

#7 Eminence

Eminence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

i personally think rogue all the way will win but it really depends on players skills but when it all comes down to it. rogue has been the top dog. in pvp. since RO1. so u cant really lie about that. a well played rogue. is REALLY really hard to kill. i rem at one point. in time. during woe with my guild infinity. it took. 20 players. to take down. one rogue.. who literally. just walked into the emp room alone. and he killed. 6 peeps. along the way lol. rogues survivability is like so high its rediculous.

Oh and btw. hat shadow form. skill was once a rogue. skill that makes the other player take all the damage instead of the rogue. i guess they thought it was too OP xD

Are you confusing a Rogue with a SinX maybe...did your guild have any champs? Sheesh.

#8 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Ive noticed a fair bit of these WoE room "experiences" but they would have had to been way back for the official servers, and even then rogues were not that great at killing, and had one of the worst hp mods. (anyone can be tanky with vit and the right gear). So just saying. Rogues have never really been scary other than divesting, and for a little bit when full divest was out, and only against poor/new guilds that couldn't afford/have FCP.

And yes champ, you can hide gfists even during ruwatch but you only have to mess up once to get taken out. -_-, CS is practically a gfist to a rogue.

Edited by Adamage, 22 April 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#9 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Are you confusing a Rogue with a SinX maybe...did your guild have any champs? Sheesh.

actually i was talkin about 3rd classes my bad LOL> but yea rogue. in RO1 isnt that great at all. but here. its alot better. so i guess the correct term would be shadow chaser. lol. gear one up good. and they are pretty godly like.

but like i said here the rogue seems more like the 3rd class shadow chaser in RO1 so basically i was comparing it to that. cuz of the survivability both those classes have is pretty insane

Edited by LordInuyasha, 22 April 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#10 Ovis26934

Ovis26934

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm not clear on how the Rogue works as I only had the time to explore one class during the BETA but I love one simple thing about Assassin
Lightening speed, literally was outfooting people on their shiny mounts by BETA end (Shadow Form + that boost speed in hide mode)
Too bad I had to throw my stat points to VIT just to stay alive since I soloed the entire BETA experience and every hit point was critical to my survival...

#11 Ahjussi

Ahjussi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFany's Lips
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

@Ovis If you're a "lone wolf" kind of player like myself, you'd really enjoy playing a rogue as they have high solo potential and will benefit more from VIT increases.

If not, I sure hope you find a group of friends or guild to assist you in training. :p_smile:

#12 Ovis26934

Ovis26934

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Mainly just need a healer
I have a friend who plans to be just that when official launch hits which is one of the reasons I decided to play Assassin as I think that she and I together would make quite a team

#13 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

I feel as if in the 1v1 Department, the rogue would win easily, mainly because of the restealth.
The rogue's skill kit in this game is just extremely unique, cooldown reset, heals, buffs from heals, and I feel that it would be hard to differentiate a PvP rogue from a PvE rogue, because the kit is full of 'YOU NEED THIS' kind of skills that it is kind of hard to stray from the cookie cutter too far without pretty much being detrimental to yourself.

Honestly, 10% damage boost, the sonic blow, restealth, all skills I think the ASSASSINS should have, but I'm not complaining. Rogues feel more like proper assassins to me.
And DD>Claws. Claws look like ass imo. :)

#14 dezizez

dezizez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

iv played my self a rogue first time in beta and i have to say i just love this class honestly i think a rogue who know how to play is unbeatable in 1v1 u can stunlock some one for 10 sec u can heal ur self 120% up in every 1v1 with full cds u cant lose if u know what is to do i mean just the double smokebomb wait for 5 cp proc and open with dance 2x dmg inc its easly 1,7k dmg( with low gear) right of the bat and u can do that 2 times + 5x 5 sec stun all i say is gg if u know how to manage this

( sorry for bad english german here :D )

#15 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

@Ovis If you're a "lone wolf" kind of player like myself, you'd really enjoy playing a rogue as they have high solo potential and will benefit more from VIT increases.

If not, I sure hope you find a group of friends or guild to assist you in training. :p_smile:

See, I was originally deciding on perhaps maining a Sin, but every opinion I've seen so far tells me that since I prefer to play Solo PvE, that Rogue would be better for me

What are everyone else's thoughts?

#16 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

See, I was originally deciding on perhaps maining a Sin, but every opinion I've seen so far tells me that since I prefer to play Solo PvE, that Rogue would be better for me

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Think of it this way.
Sins have no way of selfsustain.
Rogues potentially healy 60% of their health from one skill that comes off of cs every 40 seconds.
That's probably the sole and main reason why rogue is such a great solo class.

#17 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hmm, good way of putting it. I was interested in Sin to begin with since I saw the really nice DPS damage but then I read through guides like yours and started to really re-think it.

Thanks for the input = )

#18 Eminence

Eminence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

actually i was talkin about 3rd classes my bad LOL> but yea rogue. in RO1 isnt that great at all. but here. its alot better. so i guess the correct term would be shadow chaser. lol. gear one up good. and they are pretty godly like.

but like i said here the rogue seems more like the 3rd class shadow chaser in RO1 so basically i was comparing it to that. cuz of the survivability both those classes have is pretty insane

Ah see that makes a lot more sense now (Although I've hardly played Renewal tbh)

As for RO 2, if RO 2 Rogues are anything like WoW Rogues I will definately make that, Assassin seems to be more of a PvM/PvE class, although I'm not sure I only played one til around level 15 in the beta, I just read the Rogue's skills and researched a bit, being a PvPer I'm going to make a Rogue when RO 2 comes out, Warrior will probably be my second choice,

#19 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Sins can outrun some mounts, and kite monsters better than rangers. Sins reduce the damage they take by 50% up front, on top of their massive DPS. I think both sin and rogue are darn good!

#20 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

It's so nice seeing people posting in this thread. I think I'm going to drop it off here as well
I have both Assassin and Rogue in SEA RO2, and loved both of them.

Assassins win in terms of movement speed and able to outrun mounts, even the best of mounts.
That being said, they are good at kiting and avoid moving AoE (which in RO2 is very annoying and dish out a lot of damage when hit). If very well played, it can be a walking disaster in PVP enviorement (e.g: colosseum). Assassins can run in circle while attacking its target easily. Asssassins also have burst every 20 seconds to dish out major amount of damage to their target. Shadow Form increases Assassins' attack power and movement speed PLUS a buff to increases their defense rate by a great amount of 40% (50%? Forgotten lol).

On the other hand Rogues win in terms of DPS. Unstable Doping is basically a godmode pill for Rogues and must be up in all times. Stacking it maybe costy though. Its effect alone is equivalent to Assassin's Shadow Form, without the movement speed, but replacing it, is a buff that increases either your attack power or critical rate for a whooping 20%! How awesome is that? Although, Rogues fall short for not having decent movement speed, and can be kited easily in PvP (Colosseum: and that's why I seldom see Rogues become the champion in the colo). Rogues also have the ability to rehide and reset threat (very important especially in dungoens, due to the fact that Rogue itself has godly dps) and has an ability to heal themselves for a whooping 12% HP per CP used with only 40s cooldown. Not to mention Mark of Death which debuffs the opponent to increase Rogue's damage. Rogues also have a skill to knockdown their opponent.

tl;dr:
Assassin is great for PvP and short-term battle with its great bursts. It CAN BE GOOD in PvE/Arena IF played right. (Making a good use of its great Movement Speed).
Rogue is okay for PvE/Arena with its ability to reset threat, debuff and self-heal. It is good at face-to-face PvP as Rogue has an ability to down its opponent for 5 seconds.

#21 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sins can outrun some mounts, and kite monsters better than rangers. Sins reduce the damage they take by 50% up front, on top of their massive DPS. I think both sin and rogue are darn good!

Good point. But would the dmg reduction from Shadow Armor for 10 sec. be worse or better solo'ing bosses than the 50~60% HP heal within 10 seconds from Gangster's Paradise? They both have the same cooldown rate and I would think that taking a healing spell would be the better option.

#22 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

I'll put it this way. Assassins deal more damage than Rogues making them ideal for quick finishes. However, an Assassin can't really fight a Rogue without the Rogue having used up the Dirty Trick skill. PvP you will often find Assassins in the final rounds compared to Rogues. But Assassins tend to avoid Rogues 1v1 because it is not worth the battle. Also, assassins that expose themselves with a number will often need to have shadow armor up because they would be a very easy target to strike (easy sorc food).

#23 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I disagree.

Rogues deal the most damage, even though Assassins have good bursts per 20 seconds, count how many times Rogue's psasives procs in those 20 seconds.

#24 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

You forget that assassins also have a passive in which if it procs, it can deal damage. I don't doubt a Rogue's ability, but Assassins will usually lose to Rogues. But when it comes to chasing down targets and executing finishers, Assassin's tend to do way better. Do a few colosseums and watch how Assassins play in comparison to Rogues. Assassins will usually go in for a kill and if a number comes up on their head, up comes Shadow Armor if damage rolls in. If a Rogue did that, Gangster's Paradise wouldn't do much as they'd still get hit for good amounts of damage. Smoke bomb is their best bet but that comes with a rather large cooldown.

#25 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

lol, just when I thought you were talking about PvE.

Assassins are better in larger scale battles like colosseum, in which I agree. One with Shadow Form can prevent being kited thanks to its immense movement speed buff, and go in for a kill.

Burst > DPS in colosseum so Assassins got the upper hand.

In the end, I agreed. Assassins may fall short in terms of damage in PvE from Rogues, but in PvP, players are not AIs. They do not stand still while being attacked. Assassin given greater mobility can chase up enemies and pack up better.. MUCH better damage output than Rogues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users