Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hello to the ROSE Community!

I apologize for the late notice, but we have a maintenance to perform today at 2pm (-8 UTC).

Here are the preliminary patch notes with largely what will be contained within today's patch and maintenance.

Patch Notes v465

Ballroom Event is coming!
Dust off your dancing shoes and get the nice clothes ready, the Ballroom event is coming!
Begins: April 24th
Ends: May 16th

Item Mall
Some older items we have not seen in quite some time are returning to the Item Mall for a limited time.
The Astarot Wings of the Elder, of Solitude and of the Undaunted are returning for a short time. Get yours before they return disappear!

Lucky Spin
Our lovable WarpPortal characters, Pogo, Flow, Lox, Flor and Sparky Character Costumes are returning to the Lucky Spin for a limited time! Each box holds the full costume for the WarpPortal character and these boxes have no trade restrictions!

Notice: The Tuxedo and Formal Wear additional bonuses of 25% Exp and 50% Extra Drop chance, will continue until the next Lucky Spin Update, planned to be within the first week of next month.

Game Arena
Removed time limit from all Game Arena dungeons.
Disabled special quest consumable items in Game Arena PvP zones:
  • Plum Blue Jellybean Stew
  • Red Jellybean
  • Honey
  • Damage Booster (Trial)
  • Defense Booster (Trial)
  • Speed Booster (Trial)
  • HP&MP Booster (Trial)
  • Critical Booster (Trial)
  • Agility Booster (Trial)
Draconis Peaks

Red & Blue Dragons have levelled up a little so they can take more of a beating and pack more of a wallop.
Red & Blue Dragons have had their bounding boxes adjusted so that their targetable area is restricted to the main part of their torso.
Dragon Eggs have had their idle time before returning to base increased from 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
Damage and healing thresholds have been reduced slightly in comparison to Crystal Defenders to compensate for the focus placed on other game objectives in all level brackets.
Minor increase to group points for winning a game and slaying dragons in the 221-230 level bracket.
Increased individual proximity reward for slaying a dragon from 1 to 3 points in all level brackets.
Increased individual reward for capturing a dragon egg from 1 to 2 points in all level brackets.

Crystal Defenders
Minor increase to group points for winning a game and destroying/defending crystals in the 221-230 level bracket.
Increased individual proximity reward for destroying a crystal from 1 to 3 points in all level brackets.
Reduced damage and healing thresholds all of level brackets (minor reduction in 221-230 bracket, larger reduction in all other brackets).
Added collision box to Sunrise Crystal, Sunset Crystal and Dusk Crystal. They should no longer experience camera collision issues as previously seen.

Halls of Oblivion
Speak to [Archaeologist] Tolken in the first floor of Oblivion Temple for more information. Look for the giant rift in time and space...you can't miss it!
Added new daily quests:
  • "Not Your Average Mummy..."
  • "Mammy-A-Mia!"
  • "Tomb Raider Beyond The Rift"
  • "Expanding The Search"
Areas of the Halls of Oblivion are now protected by flaming barriers which can only be passed by deactivating nearby glowing orb switches.
Sealed Tombs and Ceramic Urns now litter many of the rooms in the Halls of Oblivion. There is a good chance that these artefacts may contain royal treasures left behind by the ancient rulers of other worlds...

Easter Event
Already ended on the 22nd, just making a note of it. :)

#2 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Thanks !

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks now if you could just do something about the spawn killing in CD. I thought you weren't supposed to get points for that?

#4 DefMike35

DefMike35

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

agreed with pdfisher should put the line boundries around the spawn place and also maybe good idea if we passing the line boundries in spawn that can losing the honor points for killing them in spawn also?

#5 BabyToet

BabyToet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Awsome! Easter event still online? And Tuxedo/Formal Exp+Item boost still up? Nice!! More free farming

#6 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Lets see if Draconis Peaks will start now.

#7 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Game Arena

can somebody please explain this

• Red Jellybean
  • Honey
  • Damage Booster (Trial)
  • Speed Booster (Trial)
  • HP&MP Booster (Trial)

this = awesome

#8 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

No more hinding in crystal?! Sweet.

#9 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Collision box... like the thing on storage now? Because that's nothing but a nuisance and mounts and people cover storage to this day. I don't think it solved anything there, We'll see about CD. It will suck trying to retreat or heal someone and getting stuck on the invisible box. - IF that's what is being done here, I don't fully understand.

Edited by jagz, 23 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#10 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Collision box... like the thing on storage now? Because that's nothing but a nuisance and mounts and people cover storage to this day. I don't think it solved anything there, We'll see about CD. It will suck trying to retreat or heal someone and getting stuck on the invisible box. - IF that's what is being done here, I don't fully understand.

I think it's just going to be the way the old UW crystals were.

#11 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

My guess would be more for the dungeons, where you get x amount of time then once you beat a "Sub-Boss" you get 5 more mins added to the timer.

#12 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Game Arena dungeons no longer have a time limit in which to complete them. The current set of dungeons did not warrant the need to be placed under time restrictions (there are no objectives that have a sense of urgency), and the timers placed more emphasis on completing the dungeon as fast as you can (even though there was no reward for doing so) which detracted from participating in other aspects of the content (e.g. daily quests, exploring, etc). Now you can play through dungeons at a more casual rate, even with less experienced players and try out everything the dungeons have to offer content wise without getting stressed out about completing it in time or certain individuals dragging the group down.

#13 Skaduwee

Skaduwee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Thank you so much for the update. :) !

#14 NinjaOfNorth

NinjaOfNorth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

dont the easter eggs have to be removed from Item mall?

#15 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

This sounds like..there will be no more hiding in the crystal. :o

(woot)

Edited by NamirBarades, 23 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#16 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

IM wings are likely account bound but I'll ask anyways?
Looking forward to checking out the daily quests.
Oh, The dreaded ballroom event. Hope this event was altered a bit to discourage AOE one hit attacks that clear the whole room of mobs. Would be nice to see the spawns in the ballroom have alot more AP so more than one person gets a hit at a time and scores a kill for a few mobs per round. To the noobs out there "knowing how to get the mobs to spawn in the ballroom is however very, very helpful."

#17 Skaduwee

Skaduwee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Anything about duping issues or those zulies that popped up from nowhere suddenly ?

#18 lattella01

lattella01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Server:i'm playing ROSE Offline

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Halls of Oblivion
Speak to [Archaeologist] Tolken in the first floor of Oblivion Temple for more information. Look for the giant rift in time and space...you can't miss it!
Added new daily quests:

• "Not Your Average Mummy..."
  • "Mammy-A-Mia!"
  • "Tomb Raider Beyond The Rift"
  • "Expanding The Search"
Areas of the Halls of Oblivion are now protected by flaming barriers which can only be passed by deactivating nearby glowing orb switches.
Sealed Tombs and Ceramic Urns now litter many of the rooms in the Halls of Oblivion. There is a good chance that these artefacts may contain royal treasures left behind by the ancient rulers of other worlds...

sounds good, can't wait to test it

#19 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

IM wings are likely account bound but I'll ask anyways?
Looking forward to checking out the daily quests.
Oh, The dreaded ballroom event. Hope this event was altered a bit to discourage AOE one hit attacks that clear the whole room of mobs. Would be nice to see the spawns in the ballroom have alot more AP so more than one person gets a hit at a time and scores a kill for a few mobs per round. To the noobs out there "knowing how to get the mobs to spawn in the ballroom is however very, very helpful."

Correct, the wings themselves are account bound. These wings are considered special, their release is extremely limited. The last time these wings were made available was back in May of 2011. They have not been available since. I believe they're a little overdue.

As for the event, we hope you can help the new players learn the ropes with 'secret' intricacies or let them discover it as you all once did. :)

#20 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

ooooooohhhhh sweeet i havent done the ballroom event for over 4 years so i defently guess alot have changed or maybe not woohoo cant wait

#21 Broadway

Broadway

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Game Arena
  • Red Jellybean
  • Honey
  • Damage Booster (Trial)
  • Speed Booster (Trial)
  • HP&MP Booster (Trial)
  • Agility Booster (Trial)[/quote]
Can someone explain me this ? Now you can't use them in Game Arena PvP Zone, is that right ?

And why disable Honey, Red Jellybean and Plum Blue Jellybean Stew ? What are those, and what did they used to do ? :3

The update on dungeons is just awesome ! Love your work guys ! Thx a lot !

#22 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Correct, the wings themselves are account bound. These wings are considered special, their release is extremely limited. The last time these wings were made available was back in May of 2011. They have not been available since. I believe they're a little overdue.

As for the event, we hope you can help the new players learn the ropes with 'secret' intricacies or let them discover it as you all once did. :)

Pffft. My lips are sealed.

#23 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Honey, Red Jellybean and Plum Blue Jellybean Stew are all foods that restored based on a %, which were very powerful to use. They are Item Mall restoratives or equivalent, from quest rewards. And you are correct that you can not use them in the Game Arena PvP Zones.

#24 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Game Arena

• Red Jellybean
  • Honey
  • Damage Booster (Trial)
  • Speed Booster (Trial)
  • HP&MP Booster (Trial)
  • Agility Booster (Trial)[/quote]
Can someone explain me this ? Now you can't use them in Game Arena PvP Zone, is that right ?

And why disable Honey, Red Jellybean and Plum Blue Jellybean Stew ? What are those, and what did they used to do ? :3

The update on dungeons is just awesome ! Love your work guys ! Thx a lot !

actuly thay are already disabled becose i cant use them in there before this pachs,i do hope thay make it so i can use them :)

#25 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Game Arena

• Red Jellybean
  • Honey
  • Damage Booster (Trial)
  • Speed Booster (Trial)
  • HP&MP Booster (Trial)

can someone dumb it down a little for me? i still dont understand ._.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users