Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#51 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Don't let the description fool you, it apparently didn't update correctly. The '200 limit' should not be what you see, it should merely say it is a limited time availability. The last time these wings were put up, there was a limit, however this is not that same original release period.

Lol... I think you're a little beyond the acceptable window for an ad retraction.

I realize its just online digital goods..but look at it this way.. You have a company that produces collector items. The company makes some limited edition statue.. Only 200 made. Consumers purchase said statue under the pretense that what they are getting is only one of two hundred that will ever be made..

Company turns around and remakes the exact same thing two years down the road and claims..their original add was a misprint..and it meant to say 200 for that year only. <-- generally not acceptable.

Edit: In your case the phrasing was:
"Only 200 of these wings will be sold get yours before they are gone! "

I mean..how many ways can you read that? Most consumers are not going to read that as (Only 200 of these wings will be sold get yours before they are gone(for two years).

Edited by NamirBarades, 23 April 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#52 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

aww i was thinking the new event was started already becose for me it is the April 24th now but i guess it go for the american time zone

#53 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

NamirBarades, at some point, you are going to need to get over that mistakes are made and when able to be corrected, they are. Because you may not agree with how it was corrected or that your item is no longer as rare as you first hoped it would stay, doesn't change the mistake or correction taken. Even when you have a 'broken mold' it can be remade and recreated. Though it may not be the original mold, its a pretty darn close replica.

Now, you can move on and accept that it is a limited time item, which it will be, just as it was before, but instead of this period being based on how many are sold, it is being based on a window of time.

#54 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Reports of a crash have been confirmed and we will need to restart the server to apply the fix shortly.
Announcements will be made in-game soon to a quick restart to apply the fix.

#55 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'll accept that I've been spending my money on the wrong game, and enjoy the more free-to-play aspect of the game now. :)

#56 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

As you wish, but I want you to understand that if you had one of those wings, you've enjoyed two years of being one of the people who were able to obtain them. I can't keep everything we ever put up in the Item Mall as "limited time" items as "one time only." I would never personally ever wish to put a 'one time only' item on sale, because if it does well, well now you can never have that again. And from the viewpoint of someone who might have really wanted it, but couldn't manage to get it in the time it was available, it gives them an opportunity to try again another time. Now it's just a matter of patience, but until then, they have to cringe whenever they see it, wishing they could still have it.

I understand from a collector's point of view, the sole rarity of items is the point of their value. However, that isn't something we're necessarily doing right now. Yes, we release things in limited availability because we also like that special uniqueness of having something others may not be able to. But there will always be something new coming out down the line, something else we want to collect.

But frankly speaking, the idea to release an item only once and once ever, when it is directly how we support ROSE remaining a Free-to-Play service, is robbing us of that ability to support it. I would hope that you would be a little more understanding that taking something that hasn't been available for quite a long time, could help give ROSE that support. But if what you're saying is you do not wish to support ROSE, then I am at a loss of words to why you would want to prevent us from trying to keep ROSE in service as best we're able to, when you seem to care about it as much as we do.

#57 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

I hate account bound items. I mean what does an account bound item do? Stays in your account forever. This limited wings are basically nothing, you buy them > you use them for a long time > you get bored using it > transfer it to your vault > not even touching it for years.

It's like buying a wii, when you get bored using it.. you somehow just want to sell it in eBay. If you cant sell it nor break it, what do you do? keep it until a new kind of console gets released? or break it.

It would be awesome if there's a month or week where WE can trade account bound items for a short period of time. :/

#58 AppleStrudel

AppleStrudel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

I agree with him ^

#59 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Reports of a crash have been confirmed and we will need to restart the server to apply the fix shortly.
Announcements will be made in-game soon to a quick restart to apply the fix.

Any Idea on a Time Frame?

#60 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

The account bound item does the same thing as any other item. It exists for your use. The fact that you cannot trade it off the account, makes it more of a status symbol, that you own this item and there's only one way to get it.

I'm not sure how comparing a wing item to a game console really is relevant, because you don't play games on your backwings... do you?

Look, the wings are for appearances. Some like the look and because they're limited, its a look you'll need to decide if you want to have or not and if you're willing to wait till the next time they're brought out again. If we wanted them to be permanently available, we'd just put them up on the Item Mall for purchase and keep them there.

Many items are eventually released from their trade restriction, however some may never, to keep them on a certain level of rarity. Allowing things to be freely traded generally tends to kill that rarity thing, because now you have extra being purchased for the sake of trade or zulie. Even if we kept them solely to gifting, we know players would make "deals" to trade for a "gift." We've seen it happen.

There is a conscious thought that goes behind whether an item is set to account bound, character bound or trade-free. There are times we forget or make the mistake as well. But lately, we do understand and try to keep things available, but at the same time somewhat rare.

Any Idea on a Time Frame?

It is literally going to be a restart, so it should be under 30 minutes, tops, assuming nothing explodes on us or the hamster doesn't get shocked.

#61 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Run Hamster Run =D

#62 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Fly Hamster Fly (i gave him my rockets)

#63 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

ok I understand. :>

#64 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Server is back online!

#65 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Fly Hamster Fly (i gave him my rockets)

Server is back online!

Good work Max

#66 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

What is up with this hamster!!! I hear it even back in Trickster Online! :hmm:

Edited by JaneAusten, 23 April 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#67 AppleStrudel

AppleStrudel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

The account bound item does the same thing as any other item. It exists for your use. The fact that you cannot trade it off the account, makes it more of a status symbol, that you own this item and there's only one way to get it.

I'm not sure how comparing a wing item to a game console really is relevant, because you don't play games on your backwings... do you?

Look, the wings are for appearances. Some like the look and because they're limited, its a look you'll need to decide if you want to have or not and if you're willing to wait till the next time they're brought out again. If we wanted them to be permanently available, we'd just put them up on the Item Mall for purchase and keep them there.

Many items are eventually released from their trade restriction, however some may never, to keep them on a certain level of rarity. Allowing things to be freely traded generally tends to kill that rarity thing, because now you have extra being purchased for the sake of trade or zulie. Even if we kept them solely to gifting, we know players would make "deals" to trade for a "gift." We've seen it happen.

There is a conscious thought that goes behind whether an item is set to account bound, character bound or trade-free. There are times we forget or make the mistake as well. But lately, we do understand and try to keep things available, but at the same time somewhat rare.

It is literally going to be a restart, so it should be under 30 minutes, tops, assuming nothing explodes on us or the hamster doesn't get shocked.

This would cause problems because there's a higher risk of people scamming people.

#68 ONLINEMASTERRRRR

ONLINEMASTERRRRR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

What is up with this hamster!!! I hear it even back in Trickster Online! :hmm:

Trickster is dead/pay-to-win

#69 TooCool4You

TooCool4You

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • LocationLewiston,ID
  • Server:ARUANIANS

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

server still down ? pfft ....

#70 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

As you wish, but I want you to understand that if you had one of those wings, you've enjoyed two years of being one of the people who were able to obtain them. I can't keep everything we ever put up in the Item Mall as "limited time" items as "one time only." I would never personally ever wish to put a 'one time only' item on sale, because if it does well, well now you can never have that again. And from the viewpoint of someone who might have really wanted it, but couldn't manage to get it in the time it was available, it gives them an opportunity to try again another time. Now it's just a matter of patience, but until then, they have to cringe whenever they see it, wishing they could still have it.

I understand from a collector's point of view, the sole rarity of items is the point of their value. However, that isn't something we're necessarily doing right now. Yes, we release things in limited availability because we also like that special uniqueness of having something others may not be able to. But there will always be something new coming out down the line, something else we want to collect.

But frankly speaking, the idea to release an item only once and once ever, when it is directly how we support ROSE remaining a Free-to-Play service, is robbing us of that ability to support it. I would hope that you would be a little more understanding that taking something that hasn't been available for quite a long time, could help give ROSE that support. But if what you're saying is you do not wish to support ROSE, then I am at a loss of words to why you would want to prevent us from trying to keep ROSE in service as best we're able to, when you seem to care about it as much as we do.

Nothing is really unique with you guys. If someone misses something in item mall its "don't worry, it will come out again." Not.. "I need to get it now or I might not get it at all".

I don't understand why you don't get how your marketplace is working(let alone the god-like hand you have over it). Do you know the faith items(even with the amount that has been duped) are considered super rare..because they are not coming back out-ever. Do you know people would buy hundreds of dollars worth of your item mall.. to sell items to other players in order to make zuly just to buy those items.. And the only reason they are not rereleased is because you legally cant put them back out without another contract.. You guys could have easily monopolized on that factor of player motivation to own things like that... released a truly unique item here or there(I'm not saying every thing..just one or two items every once in a while)--either in game or through item mall(really wouldn't matter which way so long as it was really limited to a certain number of items in existence). And BANG--Let the money making begin. Yes, we realize that new items take a while to make.. But there's always coming up with limited availability colors of the items too.

Instead, you release items... the first time there isn't too many into the market. Price goes up after it leaves item mall.. the second time it comes out it generally saturates the market and the price goes down..less people desire it.

I'm not the first to get upset over you guys re releasing stuff..most people just have entirely given up on you guys. Just my turn to give up as well. At this point, I feel like I'd be doing a service to the game I love dearly by ceasing support.

#71 ONLINEMASTERRRRR

ONLINEMASTERRRRR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nothing is really unique with you guys. If someone misses something in item mall its "don't worry, it will come out again." Not.. "I need to get it now or I might not get it at all".

I don't understand why you don't get how your marketplace is working(let alone the god-like hand you have over it). Do you know the faith items(even with the amount that has been duped) are considered super rare..because they are not coming back out-ever. Do you know people would buy hundreds of dollars worth of your item mall.. to sell items to other players in order to make zuly just to buy those items.. And the only reason they are not rereleased is because you legally cant put them back out without another contract.. You guys could have easily monopolized on that factor of player motivation to own things like that... released a truly unique item here or there(I'm not saying every thing..just one or two items every once in a while)--either in game or through item mall(really wouldn't matter which way so long as it was really limited to a certain number of items in existence). And BANG--Let the money making begin. Yes, we realize that new items take a while to make.. But there's always coming up with limited availability colors of the items too.

Instead, you release items... the first time there isn't too many into the market. Price goes up after it leaves item mall.. the second time it comes out it generally saturates the market and the price goes down..less people desire it.

I'm not the first to get upset over you guys re releasing stuff..most people just have entirely given up on you guys. Just my turn to give up as well. At this point, I feel like I'd be doing a service to the game I love dearly by ceasing support.

u make me cry

#72 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

u make me cry

cry us a river

#73 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

u make me cry

I make lots of people cry. :\ *patpat* Want a cookie?

#74 ONLINEMASTERRRRR

ONLINEMASTERRRRR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I make lots of people cry. :\ *patpat* Want a cookie?

no no #diet

#75 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I need to point something out to you.

The Faith contract was done by someone else, not me, but of course you're going to put 'me' because I'm here now. Of course you could be also referring to the company, but I'm here and the face of it, so you're referring to me just as well.

Do I know the Faith items are considered super rare? Yes, yes I do.

Because they're not coming back out-ever? Yes, yes I do.

Do you know people would buy hundreds of dollars worth of my Item Mall to sell items to other players in order to make zulie to buy "those items" (I'm assuming you're talking about Faith items)? Yes, yes I do.

And the only reason why they are not re-released is because we have a legal contract that states we cannot offer them again? Yes, yes I do.

Now, to state that we could have 'monopolized' on the knowledge of this fact, would mean that we knew ahead of time that we would not continue this contract or that this was a one time contract to begin with. You would be wrong if that's what you thought. But the fact that you're suggesting this crosses that line many accuse of us already, being a greed filled company with only your wallets in mind. We are not here to pillage you of every hard earned cent.

Perhaps you don't truly see what's going on though. Limited time items first released have a small burst to those who wish to have it. Over time, new players join, see such items and would like to have them, but don't have the ability to because they aren't available any longer. Now, that goes on for so long two things could happen, its disappointing to think you can never have it or if you had knowledge that it could be released again, gives you something to look forward to.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a wonderful thing to have a truly unique kind of item in-game, but to me, that's a bit of a selfish gig, because I am on the side of creation, where I want to create where players can achieve, obtain and earn things. Not prevent them from having them without a really solid reason. The Item Mall, is not one of those reasons.

Now, let's go back to what you were trying to point out. If I took ONE item and put it up on the Item Mall and said it would never be sold again. Say we sell, 1000, for 1$ each, that's $1,000 worth! Not bad, right? Well, let's just say, a year later, for ease of math, half those people who bought the item, stop playing. This item isn't trade-able, but over the course of the year, new players come through the game, see the item, think it's "cool-beans" and want one too. But they can't, because it is never going to be sold again. So, over the course of that year, that item is exposed to 5,000 people would want to buy it. That's $5,000 I'm keeping away from ROSE, just for offering it again for a limited time. The item is still rare, because you can only have gotten it during that time period and between you have to wait a year to get it, IF we remember to release it again. These wings went for two years before we realized it.

I'm not going to intentionally put up an item to gouge my community with, but I'm happy to put up items that they liked, we offered for limited periods, to have another chance at for the next coming years, because we have a long lasting community with some great, loyal and treasured members who may not have had the opportunity to get the items the last time they were offered. You don't know how many times I've been sent messages after times like this, asking, begging and pleading that they be allowed to buy one because they finally managed to get the ability to. And I'm a softy, but I have to say sorry.
That being said, I'm going to share this personal note I have after what has been going on the past few weeks.

ROSE is a wonderful game, okay something you already knew. But the plain and simple fact is, it is also behind a business and this is how it runs. I know we're never going to be able to make everyone happy, but we do the best to try anyways. There are always hard decisions we have to make and as much as I would love to just keep doing things to make ROSE more fun, there comes a point where having to make sure the bills can be paid at the end of the month is something we have to answer for.

Some times it seems like we make those decisions more than the ones we make in order to do things for the fun of game play. Well, we try to do both to keep a happy compromise, but not everyone agrees that the same game updates are content updates, because it isn't something they're involved in or make use of. This is one of those points where we just can't make everyone happy.

I do try to think about what would be fun, before anything else, when decisions are made in regards to what will cause an impact to the community, whether it be through the Item Mall or game play, first. And because of that, some times I end up being blind to the business end of things, which generally causes these little disputes about 'rarity' of a released item. Please just know that we really just want everyone to have a good time, enjoy playing and what's available and offered. We never intend to upset anyone for the sake of upsetting them. We always have the best in mind for the long term joy of playing ROSE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users