Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#126 iEATcupcakes

iEATcupcakes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationcupcake LAND
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

You guys might want to make an another thread for this kind of conversations, it's really hard to keep up what you guys are talking about. :p_laugh:

#127 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Be firmed. Don't bend the rule. Take this wing for example, it will be in Item mall for 2 weeks and tradeable. Once it is off the item mall, it will be account bound. Period. No other request will be entertained after that.
Set the right example and everyone will follow.

That's customer service, at this point and their job is happy players, so if it is within reason, they tend to help. Even so, it causes extra work. Otherwise, if they always said 'no' they wouldn't really be considered good customer support. :)

#128 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

That's customer service, at this point and their job is happy players, so if it is within reason, they tend to help. Even so, it causes extra work. Otherwise, if they always said 'no' they wouldn't really be considered good customer support. :)

Think u have misconception of good customer service. U can still provide a good customer service by not bending the rule.
By bending the rule due to some individual, u have created a bad reputation for yourself and doesn't reflect good in ur company reputation as well.

#129 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

They are hard on you in this thread Leo lolol

#130 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

If we're going to go through with the idea of making something truly limited, it would be as suggested, a one time offer for that specific item. If we 're-release' the item, it would be a treatment like we gave to the Pig Cart, where it would be different through color or some form of appearance, but essentially the same item. So the original keeps its rarity and exclusivity, but the item is still able to be purchased at later dates. Additionally, we'll go with the additional idea of making the item fully trade-able to begin with, as it was suggested.

Now we just need to come up with what kind of item. :)

Ideas anyone?

Blue Summer Dress and a Pink Priest Hat.

Working on brainstorming different ideas now..aka doodling and procrastinating studying. :x What about a devil/angel mixed wings(The second one on my doodle)
Posted Image

@XxMetalFlamexX sounds good..but I think that would be more suited for one of their lucky spins or something.

The half angel half devil wing drawing looks like my tattoo

Edited by Stachola, 24 April 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#131 iEATcupcakes

iEATcupcakes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationcupcake LAND

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Eerytime I look at the "Priest Cloth", I always think of Kimono. How about make a Kimono? :p_smile:

I found a picture in google Posted Image

Edited by iEATcupcakes, 24 April 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#132 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Eerytime I look at the "Priest Cloth", I always think of Kimono. How about make a Kimono? using Priest Cloth Dress :p_smile:

That'd look so good. Not sure if they can use the priest clothes' avatar though, but really great idea!

#133 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

That'd look so good. Not sure if they can use the priest clothes' avatar though, but really great idea!

those priest clothes we have now .. hey are already in anime called Bleach with same colors and design

#134 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Eerytime I look at the "Priest Cloth", I always think of Kimono. How about make a Kimono? :p_smile:

There's already light summer kimonos in-game called Yukatas, find'em if you like that kind of thing. Be patient as well.. summer event will come again and you can have them yourself too.

#135 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

If we're going to go through with the idea of making something truly limited, it would be as suggested, a one time offer for that specific item. If we 're-release' the item, it would be a treatment like we gave to the Pig Cart, where it would be different through color or some form of appearance, but essentially the same item. So the original keeps its rarity and exclusivity, but the item is still able to be purchased at later dates. Additionally, we'll go with the additional idea of making the item fully trade-able to begin with, as it was suggested.

Now we just need to come up with what kind of item. :)

Ideas anyone?

How about a yellow Red Field suite?

Oh wait :P

#136 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

I am in! FOR KIMONO! <3

#137 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Think u have misconception of good customer service. U can still provide a good customer service by not bending the rule.
By bending the rule due to some individual, u have created a bad reputation for yourself and doesn't reflect good in ur company reputation as well.

Though I work with the customer service and inform them of what's going on, it doesn't mean they can't make exceptions, but that is entirely upon them. I know I used to be the Head GM long ago, but no longer. So, in the end it isn't my call, so telling me about it doesn't change what they may do. However, the work we do here as developers, we try to keep them in consideration so we don't give them unnecessary work.

They are hard on you in this thread Leo lolol

I know :'( but I'm not going anywhere. :)

Looks like the Kimono is getting some favorable attention. :)

The wing sketches are something I'm presenting as well. :)

#138 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

cupcakes, those are awesome.

#139 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

those priest clothes we have now .. hey are already in anime called Bleach with same colors and design

interesting, didn't know that! :]

#140 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

give me a better reason to come back, not just copied events ._.

#141 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

account bound stuff isn't that great of an idea..here and there..but meh..storage is only so big.

i agree. I think the only suggestions that are good suggestions are ones in which Gravity makes money and the players are happy. Those always seem to be pursued 1st and from the company's standpoint should be.

Proposal: How about an IM ticket that unrestricts Account Bound items and changes the status to vendable or tradeable? Say 300 points per ticket?

#142 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

i agree. I think the only suggestions that are good suggestions are ones in which Gravity makes money and the players are happy. Those always seem to be pursued 1st and from the company's standpoint should be.

Proposal: How about an IM ticket that unrestricts Account Bound items and changes the status to vendable or tradeable? Say 300 points per ticket?

We recently had a similar suggestion and it certainly is something for us to consider. However, implementation would take some time to do and going off my expectation of how it could be implemented with the least amount of difficult, it would need to wait till after the database upgrades we have planned. To try and do it sooner might cause complications we would end up 'hacking' in to our code to make work and that can get ugly in the long run. :(

#143 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

I still say a derefining item, and a deleveling item would be better. Make them IM, collectors and farmers are happy, Gravity makes money, which makes them happy. And please please please, lift the character bound restrictions from the medals that you get from the daily boxes. Make them account bound, I pay for premium on the account, not the character.

Edited by pdfisher, 27 April 2013 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users