Questions regarding Raiding in RO2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Questions regarding Raiding in RO2

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

So, I've played my fair share of MMORPGs, but just noticed that none of them really had raids. But RO2 does! So I'm at a loss.

How's the flow in dungeon, do you just kill everything in your path before facing a difficult boss or is the way to the boss just as difficult? What rewards do you get for doing the dungeons (I heard something about coloured token...?)? What's each class's role exactly and how does a typical raid composition look like? How long does it approx. take to get appropriate equipment to start raiding?

Ah, so many question, I hope someone got answers for me...

#2 IAmOfficerNasty

IAmOfficerNasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

You kill all the mobs before the boss and then the boss. Normally mobs can drop some neat things. I can't imagine the boss fights in this game being anything near as -_-ty as they were with TBC or even early WOTLK for World of Warcraft.

Honestly this game is more casual than anything else. xD

Also I believe the bosses will drop Tier tokens. Not exactly sure how loot works but ya know.. :/

Edited by IAmOfficerNasty, 25 April 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#3 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

I have a question as well...how many people can be in a raid in RO2? I kinda miss the old days of gathering 39 other people for chewing glass in MC.
Well, not really, but it was fun when it was fun.
Or is like after TBC with 10-25 people raids?

#4 KhayotiK

KhayotiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

From what I saw on youtube, it looks like two five-man groups for a ten-man raid. Also, I remember seeing a list of general flow for gear obtainment in a thread here somewhere, but I can't find it now.

#5 IAmOfficerNasty

IAmOfficerNasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

I have a question as well...how many people can be in a raid in RO2? I kinda miss the old days of gathering 39 other people for chewing glass in MC.

10 mans, no 25mans yet I don't think.

Afk Auto-Follow through 40man Naxx FTW?

#6 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

5 Man Dungeons - 3 DPS 1 Healer 1 Tank

10 Man Raid -2 Tanks 2 melee DPS ( sometimes 1 ) 2 Ranged DPS (Sometimes 3 ) 2 Sorc 2 Priest

#7 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

AQ40 - We wiped, see you at the boss in an hour.

#8 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

10 mans, no 25mans yet I don't think.

Afk Auto-Follow through 40man Naxx FTW?

GG on the safety dance!

I could have sworn I saw mention SOMEWHERE by Korean devs about "Legendary" tier raids that required larger groups, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

I wish gear wasn't all tied solely to classes. It was nice in WoW that there was a plethora of off-set items in addition to tier sets, it allowed for a better degree of min/maxing. Heck, I'd settle for alternative class sets (DPS Warrior, Priest, etc. ) as opposed to being stuck with a set of gear that doesn't have my specs best interest in mind.

#9 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

So far, the raids are all "get rid of the enemies blocking the path to the Boss".
Tokens are used to redeem Purple equips from the "Dungeon Grader" NPCs in Prontera and Alberta.
- Red Tokens are for Warrior, Wizard, Beastmaster, and Rogue equips.
- Blue Tokens are for Priest, Monk, and Assassin equips
- Yellow Tokens are for Knight, Ranger, and Sorcerer equips.

Knights, Monks, Warriors and Beastmasters are your Main and Off Tanks. It's debatable on which ones make better Main Tanks, and which make better Off Tanks, so I'll leave that to someone else to answer. Their role is a given; to hold the aggro of the boss monsters, while the DPS does their work. Not so much of a given is that the Tank is supposed to position the Boss away from the Healers, to prevent the Healers from dying.
Melee DPS (Rogues and Assassins) are to DPS behind the Tank, and to always keep an eye on the Threat Meter. If, somehow, your Melee DPS out-threats a Tank, they're "gonna have a bad time".
Ranged DPS (Wizard, Ranger, Sorcerer) are to stay with the Healers, as far away as possible from the boss when they DPS. If adds (Boss summons) appear, it will be their duty to take them out before the adds reach the Healers.
Healers (Priests and Sorcerers) are to stay as far away as possible from the boss and....well, heal. Priests should focus on healing the Tanks, while Sorcerers can drop a Land of Recovery on the Tank, so the Melee DPS can also get some heals in. Highness Heal is a good skill to have, since it heals up to 3 raid members within a certain area. Sorcerers can also use LoR on the Healer/Ranged DPS group. Deluge when necessary (mostly right before a Boss' heavy attack).

Depending on if you have social connections, it can take you 1 day or several weeks to get fully geared for Raids. You would have to do a few Hard Mode Dungeons (or Random Hard Mode, for the Old Blue Chests) for your Raid gears.

Speaking from seaRO, Raid requirements are mostly factored with how much HP you have. Not sure what all of the requirements are, but for Baphomet, you'll want at least 4.5k HP unbuffed.

#10 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

How much time is in a raid about?

#11 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

So, I've played my fair share of MMORPGs, but just noticed that none of them really had raids. But RO2 does! So I'm at a loss.

How's the flow in dungeon, do you just kill everything in your path before facing a difficult boss or is the way to the boss just as difficult? What rewards do you get for doing the dungeons (I heard something about coloured token...?)? What's each class's role exactly and how does a typical raid composition look like? How long does it approx. take to get appropriate equipment to start raiding?

-you can either clean everything or ignore mobs that aren't in the way.
-the way to the boss aren't difficult if your party don't lack roles like tanks and healer.
-killing a boss you can either get token, accessories, quiver, shield, weapon, craft materials, or recipe.
-in a typical raid, you most probably will see 2 priests, 2 sorcs, 2 or 1 ranger, wiz, sin or rogue, tanks and offtanks (warrior, knight, bm, monk).
-before you start raiding, you must first get those lv50 blue equips by doing random hard dungeons (rhd). It'll take you about 1-5days to complete rhd set.
-also, raiding will most probably take a lot of time to finish. The longest I've been to so far was 4hours (culvert of abyss) and the fastest was 30mins (bapho).

Hope I helped somehow. Good luck.

#12 StryfeK

StryfeK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

The raids are pretty linear. There's multiple "Minibosses", and mobs a long the way. At the end of the raid is a "Final Boss". This is the general idea, but each raid is different. For example, the "PvE Arena" raid, doesn't have any mobs. As the name implies, your group will go from 1 boss to the next, until you get to the last "stage".

Drops for the dungeons are pretty straight forward as well. Any of the mobs can drop epic accessories (The higher the tier of the raid, the better the equip). Each boss has a specific token or accessory/equipment drop. For example, Humbaba from Baphomet Raid will always drop a "Pants" token. Mecha Vadon X/Z (From 3rd Stage of PvE) might drop Quivers/Shields, as well as a Token (Glove or Shoes, i forget). Other things that can drop from bosses include materials for crafts, as well as Epic Crafts.

Concerning tokens, there's a token for each equipment piece, which you trade for their respective equipment via NPC. (Weapon, Pants, Gloves, Helmet, Top, Shoes, etc.). (**Note that the weapon token was removed in SEARO, instead, the weapons are dropped. This was a SEARO change, someone told me both the token and weapon dropped in kRO2). There are different colors as well, Red, Blue and Yellow, corresponding to classes. Example, Red token is for Rogue/BM/Warrior/Wizard, and so on.

Typical raid composition are as follows 2 Tanks (1 MT/1 OT), 2 Sorcerers, 2 Priests, Atleast 1 Ranger, 1 Wizard. The last two spots usually filled with a Rogue/Sin, another Ranger/Sorcerer or whatever class to fill. Varies from party to party, or from raid to raid, but thats generally the set up.

To start raiding, you should be utilizing atleast several pieces of RHD gear. Time it takes? Depends how lucky you are when it comes to getting drops. Normally, parties set "HP cut-offs" for individuals. For example, 4.8k hp for DPS for bapho and 5.5k+ for tanks, or something like that (I dont remember the exact cut offs, I havent done the low tier raids in a long time)

A "Raid Party", iirc can house around 20 or 25 people (Dont remember exact, but its more than 10). As of right now, the current raids only allow 10 players. But there's been instances where raids have been formed to have around 15+ players, to take downa boss (RSX8 for the "Robo Hunter" title).

From what I saw on youtube, it looks like two five-man groups for a ten-man raid. Also, I remember seeing a list of general flow for gear obtainment in a thread here somewhere, but I can't find it now.

I'm not sure if we're talknig about the same thing, but me and Klyde did put together a flow chart for equipment. Although it was intended for my warrior guide, it applies to everyone really. You can view it here under the 6. Equipment section. It also provides a good explanation for the equipment sets.

I. Love. Raids. I love dungeons too.
Is RO2's raids fun? How long does each run last?
It's fun working as a team. xD

I'd say raids are indeed more fun then, say, RHD just for the sheer amount of people. As far as length is concerned, it depends really. Wiping tends to derail parties, especially with the CD cooldown for res. If a party gets to Bapho for example, then wipe AND end up using ressurection. That means their next attempt will have to be without ressurection. This makes it even more difficult. So it can get lengthy. But it also varies from raid to raid.

Edited by StryfeK, 25 April 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#13 KhayotiK

KhayotiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm not sure if we're talknig about the same thing, but me and Klyde did put together a flow chart for equipment. Although it was intended for my warrior guide, it applies to everyone really. You can view it here under the 6. Equipment section. It also provides a good explanation for the equipment sets.

Yup, that's exactly what I was referencing to, tyvm for the info!

#14 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Awesome, thank you very much for the info...I'll be pointing the husband and sons to this topic, for sure. :)

#15 DeviousX13

DeviousX13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info, I was hoping there would be raid instances in Ro2 and now I can happily say I know there are.

Edited by DeviousX13, 25 April 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#16 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info! It was all helpful for an RO2 newbie like me, especially since I've never done a raid in other MMOs before. But migawd raids can last for hours? Not sure if it'll be my thing then. '~'

#17 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

Wow, I really dislike the idea of class-specific tokens. That by itself gets rid of any uniqueness in build. That really sucks. :/

#18 Reifnir

Reifnir

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the info! It was all helpful for an RO2 newbie like me, especially since I've never done a raid in other MMOs before. But migawd raids can last for hours? Not sure if it'll be my thing then. '~'

The amount of time your group spends clearing a raid dungeon is entirely dependent on the group itself.
A good, disciplined and focused group can clear raids extremely fast, since it's usually no more than 8-10 minutes per boss, plus some more to clear the trash mobs in between.

Problem is, the more lax the group is, the longer it takes. Every "brb, need to eat/drink/smoke/use wc", every "Hey, what am I supposed to do here", every fella chatting in several chats during the fight adds unnecessary delays.
Add to that disconnects, blackouts, crashes - and you'll certainly get a raid that can last for hours.
That's why if you're into raiding it's best to avoid random pick up groups and join a raiding guild with player rotation, strict rules (google DKP or EP/GP) and voice chat, or you can forget clearing anything past tier 1 normal difficulty raids (and there are 3 raid "tiers" with Normal/Hard difficulties atm).

#19 Rennie246

Rennie246

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Wow, I really dislike the idea of class-specific tokens. That by itself gets rid of any uniqueness in build. That really sucks. :/

The token can usually be used to redeem 2 different version of the weapon/armor that have different bonus stats.

#20 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

The amount of time your group spends clearing a raid dungeon is entirely dependent on the group itself.
A good, disciplined and focused group can clear raids extremely fast, since it's usually no more than 8-10 minutes per boss, plus some more to clear the trash mobs in between.

Problem is, the more lax the group is, the longer it takes. Every "brb, need to eat/drink/smoke/use wc", every "Hey, what am I supposed to do here", every fella chatting in several chats during the fight adds unnecessary delays.
Add to that disconnects, blackouts, crashes - and you'll certainly get a raid that can last for hours.
That's why if you're into raiding it's best to avoid random pick up groups and join a raiding guild with player rotation, strict rules (google DKP or EP/GP) and voice chat, or you can forget clearing anything past tier 1 normal difficulty raids (and there are 3 raid "tiers" with Normal/Hard difficulties atm).

Well it's good to know raids don't have to last horribly long. I'm more of a casual player so I'll probably be one of those "Hey, what am I supposed to do here" persons for a while. :p_swt: I'll try my best to learn the basics though in the meantime so I'm not a complete failure when I do attempt to raid. Still slightly confused about DKP but I'll figure it out over time.

Now I keep hearing about RHD and how you have to get your gears through that before raiding. Is RHD basically like raiding but with less people and not as difficult bosses? I really don't understand the difference. To me it all sounds like you go in, beat up the boss, get items, ????, profit! Am I mistaken?

#21 KarilynKare

KarilynKare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Still slightly confused about DKP but I'll figure it out over time.

DKP is basically a way to give members of a raid "Points" for showing up and beating bosses. You then exchange points for loot. The ideal reason behind it is that it rewards participation and good behavior. I find it's not really that needed anymore, since the days of 72 man raids is no longer a thing. But some people like having it around. In 10 man raiding, it's fairly trivially easy to make sure none of the players are getting neglected in loot.

Now I keep hearing about RHD and how you have to get your gears through that before raiding. Is RHD basically like raiding but with less people and not as difficult bosses? I really don't understand the difference. To me it all sounds like you go in, beat up the boss, get items, ????, profit! Am I mistaken?

RHD is like normal dungeons. The same ones you do leveling up, but scaled to level 50.

Edited by KarilynKare, 25 April 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#22 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Oh I kind of get the DKP thing now. So basically since the boss monsters may not give enough loot for each party member, it's a good way to determine who gets loot this time around due to their participation in previous raids and whether or not they got loot in the past...? Or at least that's what it seems like to me. '-'

So raids aren't like normal dungeons? D; Is it basically the same concept except better loot, harder bosses? Sorry if it's a really stupid question but I've honestly never done this dungeon/raid business in MMOs before.

#23 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Oh I kind of get the DKP thing now. So basically since the boss monsters may not give enough loot for each party member, it's a good way to determine who gets loot this time around due to their participation in previous raids and whether or not they got loot in the past...? Or at least that's what it seems like to me. '-'

So raids aren't like normal dungeons? D; Is it basically the same concept except better loot, harder bosses? Sorry if it's a really stupid question but I've honestly never done this dungeon/raid business in MMOs before.

Naw at the end of the day raids are essentially the same thing as dungeons but with more people. The fights see harder and are often more complex, but its the same basic idea.

#24 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

When you go to a Dungeon, you can choose Normal or Hard Mode, right?
But when you do RHD, you only press N.

Yup. Raids are basically just like any other dungeons, it's just that it is harder (some are waaaaaaay harder) and composed of 10 people.

#25 Chireiyu

Chireiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Naw at the end of the day raids are essentially the same thing as dungeons but with more people. The fights see harder and are often more complex, but its the same basic idea.

When you go to a Dungeon, you can choose Normal or Hard Mode, right?
But when you do RHD, you only press N.

Yup. Raids are basically just like any other dungeons, it's just that it is harder (some are waaaaaaay harder) and composed of 10 people.

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me. ^^ So dungeons are like 5 people or...? Neverending questions, sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users