#1 MiniDoll

MiniDoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

So I'm thinking of creating an Archer and going for Ranger and I wanted to know if the build/stats I'm thinking are right.
I was thinking of stats like this 40/40/8 (Str/Agi/Vit) and starting putting in Str till 20 for a little bit more of dmg in the earlier levels and then adding on Agi till 40, comming back to Str till 40 and with what's left put it in Vit.

I searched for some skills builds and if I understood the AV path it's the faster one and the FA it's the one that does more dmg? (if not correct me please). And which one would be better for the end of the game?

So for the build I'm thinking of following something like this:

Posted Image

But I'm not sure about some skills:
  • Which is better/should I put points in between Fear Breeze/Arrow Poison/Foc.Arrow Strike?
  • And if I follow the AV build should I care to put points in Camouflage?

Thanks in advance~ :p_hi:

#2 Quzar

Quzar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

"if I understood the AV path it's the faster one and the FA it's the one that does more dmg?"

FA isn't "the one that does more dmg". It just gives you a huge burst dmg output. Overtime AV is just as good, or even better.

#3 MiniDoll

MiniDoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

"if I understood the AV path it's the faster one and the FA it's the one that does more dmg?"

FA isn't "the one that does more dmg". It just gives you a huge burst dmg output. Overtime AV is just as good, or even better.

I see, then I guess I will really go with the AV build :) What about stats? I'm thinking the right away?

#4 Appewz

Appewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

There's nothing really "wrong" with this build. If you go and look at some of the other threads, you'll see some decent explanations by myself and others (synesthetic's posts come to mind) as to why this is the case. I think it's kind of hard to F up a Ranger build-wise. Where Rangers go wrong is in their execution (in parties and raids particularly).

Any skill path for Rangers, be it max Arrow Vulcan, max Falcons, or a hybrid, will do some hefty DPS. As Quzar said, Falcons tear -_- up in burst DPS, whereas Arrow Vulcan can be used more often. However, in my experience, Arrow Vulcan is best when you have a higher Crit Rate. In other versions, a max AV without a Crit was weak compared to a critted Charge Arrow. The fact that I can use Charge Arrow indefinitely (without having to build up Fear Breeze + hope for a Crit) made me disappointed in Arrow Vulcan. That said, if you do beef up your Crit Rate, the worth of Arrow Vulcan raises a f-ton, since each arrow fired during the skill has its own chance to Crit.

If you follow the AV path, there is less incentive to get Camo, since you can't use AV while invisible. However, you do get 2x damage on your first hit while invisible. For that reason alone, I would get it. Consider taking off that point in Arrow Shower, Rangers' AoEs are a joke; in parties and raids, you're rarely/never going to be the one to kill the adds, rather focus on DPSing the bosses. Leave the AoEs to Swordsmen and Wizards. Also, you could drop a point or two in Main Ranger in order to get Camo. I never went over 1 point in MR, and I think it sufficed.

Edited by Appewz, 27 April 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#5 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

As Quzar said, Falcons tear -_- up in burst DPS, whereas Arrow Vulcan can be used more often. However, in my experience, Arrow Vulcan is best when you have a higher Crit Rate.

Oh, I never thought about that. So falcons don't share your crit rate, huh.
Rangers can get up to around 40% crit rate, right? Or am I thinking of a different class?

#6 Ryouichi

Ryouichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

It takes around 350 agi to get 40% crit rate, if we get the patch where 1 agi = 5 crit. If we don't, then it'll take 437 agi to get 40% crit. Basically, any class can get 40% crit rate if they really worked on it.

#7 Appewz

Appewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

I believe Falcons do share your character's Crit Rate. I was just saying that in my opinion, AV is only good with a higher Crit rate. However, this (redundant) conclusion may have just been due to latency issues I had with other versions of RO2. I would still invest at least 1 point in AV, no matter what skill build. It's a great way to cap off your 5x Fear Breeze.

As for the 40% crit, I don't know how many people/classes have hit that high %, as I've only payed attention to other Rangers. It's definitely possible with AGI focused stat builds, and crazy equips/cards (and maybe a little bit of cashing).

#8 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

Arrow Vulcan sucks. Its animation is so long and you can't move or cancel it which will result to death at times.

I suggest get lv1 Falcon instead.

Also, Camo is pretty important.

Edited by iyoter, 27 April 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#9 ThePhoenix87

ThePhoenix87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Personnaly i use both AV + Falcon Assault (lv1 is already good). I put less points in Fear Breeze and Poison Arrow to do so. But as mentioned by others, there are many builds that can be used and be good :-)

#10 CeilDeAlta

CeilDeAlta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Location. . .
  • Server:RO2 - Odin - DeAlta

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

http://www.ro2base.c...310725.22310725

\\

#11 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Rangers' AoEs are a joke; in parties and raids, you're rarely/never going to be the one to kill the adds, rather focus on DPSing the bosses. Leave the AoEs to Swordsmen and Wizards.

I was wondering about this, so here's my theory-craft question.

Arrow shower does 47% at level 3, and 94% if used in camo. Wouldn't this make rangers the best AoE class if they aren't already in battle?

Also (after looking at the rogue pages) does camo+arrow shower combo with multi shot to double its damage the same way that dagger throwing and dark impact both get the double damage bonus from hide if timed correctly? That'd be like...124% AoE before considering crit

#12 Appewz

Appewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I don't believe so. As I understand, Camo doubles the damage of your first hit, rather than any whole skill used. I also haven't heard of Rangers using Arrow Shower and Multi Shot in tandem so I can't confirm nor deny that. However, I believe there is a reason why: AoEing Rangers are an extreme minority.

Rangers, for a couple of reasons, generally stay out of the AoE department. Primarily because our AoEs just don't match up to those of the Swordbros and Wizards in damage and/or praticality, and that we specialize in single target ass-kicking. Multi Shot is an insta-cast skill, however the damage is atrociously low. Arrow Shower is decent and there are uses for it. However in parties/raids, a Ranger's DPS is needed elsewhere: rather than waste time and DPS on the summoned mobs, our DPS should be spent bringing down the boss. More info can be found on frostsense's post http://forums.warppo...uide-pve-focus/

Skill points are prescious; In order to even level up these AoE skills, you'd be nerfing other more important skills necessary to keep that top-teir DPS. Swordsmen and Wizards can't compete with us DPS-wise, yet their AoEs are comparable at worst. Therefore they are better suited to hop off the boss to tend to the adds (Off-Tank Swords), while we continue kiling the boss.

#13 ThePhoenix87

ThePhoenix87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Ranger need generaly to focus on the main boss because you will be one of the best one-DPS shoots. Wizards,.. will have to AoE the adds. That's usually what happen. So personally, i won't up my AOE skills.

Edited by ThePhoenix87, 01 May 2013 - 01:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users