Graphics Update Discussion - Anti Aliasing Injections - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Graphics Update Discussion - Anti Aliasing Injections

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

When it's openly endorsed by Oda and Heim, I'm guessing not =P

I have finally spent several hours tweaking SweetFX, There are some small issues with HackShield where it wont detect anything for 30 minutes then go off, and other times the game would close with no prompts. In the next few days I should have a tutorial on how configure the Injection and INI file.

The next steps are to use ENBSeries mods to change the lighting settings in game and update the environmental textures. The environmental textures and framework seem to be managed by SpeedTree.

But over all the game is looking more and more immersive.

Fun Fact: Rift is designed with the same engine as RO2 is - Gamebryo Lightspeed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo

Now here is the interesting thing about the engine, there are creation tools designed with the Engine in mind such as

SilverLining

#52 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Using the ENBSeries Lighting Mod
Before -> After

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 12 May 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#53 batida

batida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

What kind of graphics card do you have? you may need to update your drivers, or you may just have an incompatible card.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series, already updated drivers but that didnt help

#54 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7950. FXAA (If I learned anything from Crysis) would be my best bet, but I wouldn't know how to install something like that :C

I never needed extra AA tools for other gamebyro games such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim. Since they already came with lots of AA settings. My current catalyst settings have AA forced on, but it does nothing for RO2, at all. RO2 ends up ignoring all of Catalyst settings save for vsync. (Not that vsync would work, since RO2 is actually using a fullscreen windowed mode, rather than actual fullscreen.)

Edited by Iyeru, 13 May 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#55 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hmm, I tried SweetFX with only the smart-AA thing enabled and it appears to just crash RO2 immediately. Oh well.

#56 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

@ Rozelle
Is it giving you an error or is the application just closing upon launch?

@Iyeru
For many who do choose to use a DLL injection for any of those games are using Texture and Lighting Mods. They're not using it for a AA Mod since those games have that built in. Because RO2 Does not, its the reason why it would be recommended. Looking at Raedon Pro there seems to be a creative alternative to using the Sweet FX mod. Players must understand that the mods are to be used if the AA settings in their game reduce FPS or lack them entirely.

#57 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

I've been trying to get SweetFX to run through RadeonPro, yet it seems like I just can't get it to work. Any tips?

#58 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

@ Rozelle
Is it giving you an error or is the application just closing upon launch?

It just immediately closes, right before the login screen loads.

#59 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

@Iyeru
For many who do choose to use a DLL injection for any of those games are using Texture and Lighting Mods. They're not using it for a AA Mod since those games have that built in. Because RO2 Does not, its the reason why it would be recommended. Looking at Raedon Pro there seems to be a creative alternative to using the Sweet FX mod. Players must understand that the mods are to be used if the AA settings in their game reduce FPS or lack them entirely.

My CPU also has FXAA capabilities though so....

#60 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

My CPU also has FXAA capabilities though so....

So...Is that and Intel HD 2000/3000/4000? I've tried launching that app for other games and it does nothing, but using Virtru to help render graphics with the on board graphics lessens your GPU load =3... but thats another topic. Either way say what you've tried and say what's failed.

@Rozelle
Where are the locations of the unzipped files and which features do you have enabled?

@LemnzestManatee
Currently got the Raedeon Pro for my 6970 and I'm currently testing it to see how to get the best results. This may be the best alternative to launch the DLL's since the Readeon Pro may not cause Hackshield to go off.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 13 May 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#61 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

@LemnzestManatee
Currently got the Raedeon Pro for my 6970 and I'm currently testing it to see how to get the best results. This may be the best alternative to launch the DLL's since the Readeon Pro may not cause Hackshield to go off.

Yeah, I've been using RadeonPro with RO2 since launch, and I've had 0 Hackshield problems. I just can't seem to get SweetFX to work though it. It just doesn't turn on the settings.

#62 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I've been using RadeonPro with RO2 since launch, and I've had 0 Hackshield problems. I just can't seem to get SweetFX to work though it. It just doesn't turn on the settings.

Ok when I get home I'll try launching the DLL with RP. However RP has better rendering capabilities WITH OUT using SweetFX.

#63 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Ok when I get home I'll try launching the DLL with RP. However RP has better rendering capabilities WITH OUT using SweetFX.

Actually, I don't think RadeonPro is working at all for me. I took away my profile and it didn't look any different. It's like it's not applying any effects. :/

#64 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'll be testing this once I get home. It's a bit tricky but with some tweaking it should work fine...

EDIT:
The Nvidia Inspetor is the Nvidia version of the Raedon Pro, I'll look in to a way to inject the other DLL's and test them with the applications provided. If at all, the Config or Setup files for each game can be hosted or included with the games download for future deployments. All the user has to do is in stall the corresponding GPU Tool for their cards manufacture.

But for user who are with out cards will have to wait a little longer to see what Injection Mods can be used and approved.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 13 May 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#65 batida

batida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

tried setting a hotkey for sweetfx?

#66 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

tried setting a hotkey for sweetfx?

Yeah, I had one before. But it turns out that I needed to update my drivers and add one option to RadeonPro in order for it to work. Now everything works properly!

Now, my next question. Has anyone had any luck getting the player shadows to look any better? Because right now mine look terrible and pixely.

EDIT: Correction, they only look pixely if I have my camera behind my character. If I have the camera more centered above everything (like looking down from the sky) then the shadows look smooth. Weird. Wonder if I can fix that.

Edited by LemnzestManatee, 13 May 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#67 sanastro

sanastro

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'd appreciate if the original post was filled with RO2-relevant information rather than just general FXAA/SMAA/SweetFX info taken from another general guide. For instance I'm missing where exactly to put the files, what configurations are allowed in the GeForce/Radeon control panels without screwing up the game, how to configure SweetFX so it doesn't insta-close the game etc.

Some of this information is already present throughout the thread, but not all, and I'd appreciate seeing it all tidily presented in the opening post of the thread.

Edited by sanastro, 13 May 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#68 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

@Rozelle
Where are the locations of the unzipped files and which features do you have enabled?

They're in my RO2 folder, and I only had Smart AA or whatever it was enabled.

#69 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'd appreciate if the original post was filled with RO2-relevant information rather than just general FXAA/SMAA/SweetFX info taken from another general guide. For instance I'm missing where exactly to put the files(Working on it), what configurations are allowed in the GeForce/Radeon control panels without screwing up the game(Working on it), how to configure SweetFXso it doesn't insta-close the game etc(Working on it).

Some of this information is already present throughout the thread, but not all, and I'd appreciate seeing it all tidily presented in the opening post of the thread.

Please read through the other posts. Currently SweetFX seems to only launch in Radeon Pro as a stand alone DLL injection, Hack Shield blocks the application between 3 to 10 minutes after launch.

This process is built upon testing and personal experiences which are being used to tweak the project according. As of this moment there isn't a step by step instruction on how to enable AAInjections, please wait while we finish the testing and start constructing guides.

As of this moment using Radeon Pro seems to be the best way to ensure the DLL's aren't detected while using Nvida Inspector when forcing the app to over ride the game turns the game in to literal mush. If Gravity US can request for the DLL's from SweetFX and ENB mods to be listed as safe files to run for Hack Shield, it would allow the modding to work alot easier. Since they can be turned on and off at the users request by pressing PAUSE BREAK (for ENB) and SHIFT F12 (For Sweet FX).

If you want to help by all means it would be appreciated.

What are your system specs?

Use the Sweet FX Config
Download
http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SweetFX-Configurator_1.3.3.zip

Install the Application
Add the Game (Located in the Shipping Folder)
Unzip the DLL Injection files to the Shipping Folder
Check the Box to Auto Save Settings

Now here comes the fun part
Please enable any of the following settings listed until you have the best resolution with out taking hits to your FPS. I do have a config file that I've been playing with, but until the application as a whole can get the green light, releasing the Config File is pointless.

#70 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I wish nVida Inspector had more options. Yeah it has the FXAA, anisotropic filter, and ambient occlusion... but Vibrance is what I was really after. There's no way to load SweetFX using Nvidia Inspector, is there?

#71 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

i have a GT630 2gb but i dunno how to use the files since everyone recommends Radeon D:

#72 Icywind

Icywind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

So I too have been playing around with the FXAA that is offered within the NVIDIA control panel... and everything looks nice EXCEPT the text. All of the edges on the character and objects are much smoother. It's just that there's alot of dithering around the text that makes it almost unreadable :sob: Feel free to offer any advice or suggestions for fixing this issue :)

Oh and thanks for this post... the only reason I even knew that there was a way to smooth and make better quality of these graphics was because of this post! :chomok03:

#73 Ansune

Ansune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I finally got RadeonPro working, and it is quite nice. I recommend anyone with an ATI card to try this first.

What steps did you take to get RadeonPro working?

Yeah, I had one before. But it turns out that I needed to update my drivers and add one option to RadeonPro in order for it to work. Now everything works properly!

What drivers did you update to, and what option did you add to RadeonPro?

I can't seem to get RO2 to work with RadeonPro or SweetFX -- running as normal/admin with/without hotkeys.
I must be missing something obvious. RadeonPro is version 1.1.1.0, SweetFX is version 1.4
I'm running Windows 8 64Bit on a Mobility Radeon 5870 with Catalyst 13.5 Mobility Beta3 drivers.
Also, I installed RO2 via Steam, but I run it separately through the RO2Client.exe launcher.

Edited by Ansune, 15 May 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#74 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

What steps did you take to get RadeonPro working?

What drivers did you update to, and what option did you add to RadeonPro?

I can't seem to get RO2 to work with RadeonPro or SweetFX -- running as normal/admin with/without hotkeys.
I must be missing something obvious. RadeonPro is version 1.1.1.0, SweetFX is version 1.4
I'm running Windows 8 64Bit on a Mobility Radeon 5870 with Catalyst 13.5 Mobility Beta3 drivers.
Also, I installed RO2 via Steam, but I run it separately through the RO2Client.exe launcher.

As of this post, I no longer have it working. My power had gone out and my computer was forced into a system restore, therefore it undid all of the changes I made to RadeonPro. I'll attempt to recreate the scenario I created to get it working properly, and I'll be sure to document the steps along the way.

EDIT: Make sure the exe you're using for your profile is RAG2.EXE. Also, Open up the triggers tab and add aliases for Ro2client.exe and Launcher2.exe

Click the launcher tab and set the launcher setting to custom launcher, then set the custom launcher to RO2client.exe

After all is said and done, I'd restart one last time just to make "sure".

Try launching RadeonPro as administrator, even if it complains about it.

If you had another video xard previously or used a different driver, I'd give Driver sweeper a try just to be sure excess goop of your last driver install is completely wiped.

Edited by toastyc12, 15 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#75 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

There's no need for an injector, you can simply go into your CCC/Nvidia control panel, create a profile for the game and force whatever anti-aliasing/filtering options you want. The problem with doing it is that it also filters all the game's text, which combined with the poor UI (not having transparency scaling of the chat box background, etc) makes some things very difficult to read (much more so than it is without anti-aliasing, which people are already complaining about).

Edited by CloudySkys, 15 May 2013 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users