I Dont Think Its Fair That MadoMechs Lose Their Suits Upon Death - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I Dont Think Its Fair That MadoMechs Lose Their Suits Upon Death

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 updownleftright

updownleftright

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

This really just makes no sense and shouldve been removed from the game ages ago. They offer us viable party support spells, and then completely screw us over by taking them all away in the blink of an eye. This makes running ET with my guild EXTREMELY difficult, because i am constantly having to run back to Prontera to regain my suit anytime I die. Why dont knights lose their peco or dragon upon death? Seems only fair to me that they should have to keep renting them everytime they die if mechanics have to suffer the same game mechanics. Then again it wouldnt make sense to completely disable a class from using their primary attack (dragonbreath) would it? Exactly.

There should at the very least be a madosuit rental person in every single town in the game as well as at the ET tower (although with no way of going downstairs, this would still be useless). I dont think its fair that an entire class should be excluded from major game content like this. The suit should not go away upon death at all. This shouldve been removed from the game ages ago. At the least, give us an item we can keep in our inventory to summon a new suit after a certain cooldown period or something, so that we arnt left completely useless if we so happen to die unexpectedly.

#2 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

When you die it's because your suit broke.When a RK/Ranger's mount dies it can be resurrected because it's a living thing.
They should allow you to rebuild your suit wherever you want.

#3 updownleftright

updownleftright

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

When you die it's because your suit broke.When a RK/Ranger's mount dies it can be resurrected because it's a living thing.
They should allow you to rebuild your suit wherever you want.

Exactly! The way its setup right now makes absolutely no sense. Like i said, we should at the least have an inventory item with a cooldown on usage that allows you to reconstruct your suit wherever you are (the only reason it would need a cooldown at all is to avoid suicide bombing abuse). Mado mechs are amazing in ET, but this gigantic issue needs to be addressed and fixed due to what a massive inconvenience it is for us players as well as just plain being unfair.

#4 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

the suicide bombing is the main issue probably. or the "rebuilding" needs a channeling/cast time which can be interrupted. but even then it can be bothersome to have some barrage of SDs coming through your guilds without any interval. not to mention mvping.

I however do agree its b-_- its lost upon death. the walks are dread. its like one of the things which held me back on making my mado mech higher leveled. the bother it has to keep renting a suit all the time annoys me (also think it still bugs out the healing on a party?)

#5 Teffa

Teffa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, it still bugs heal. Makes me sad.

#6 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

There's actually a sprite out there for a dead mechanic w/ pieces of broken mado somewhere. Not sure where it is, but it exists.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

the suicide bombing is the main issue probably. or the "rebuilding" needs a channeling/cast time which can be interrupted. but even then it can be bothersome to have some barrage of SDs coming through your guilds without any interval. not to mention mvping.

I however do agree its b-_- its lost upon death. the walks are dread. its like one of the things which held me back on making my mado mech higher leveled. the bother it has to keep renting a suit all the time annoys me (also think it still bugs out the healing on a party?)

SD has a 5 MINUTE cooldown. Even if they could rebuild it instantly it wouldn't matter for SD.

#8 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Should allow Mechanics access to their self buffs while in the suit.

#9 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

SD has a 5 MINUTE cooldown. Even if they could rebuild it instantly it wouldn't matter for SD.

forgot about that one. once again I trusted irowiki and it failed on me once more.

#10 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

This issue also made me think about making a mado mech. The mado should be repairable. :(

#11 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

There should at the very least be a madosuit rental person in every single town in the game as well as at the ET tower (although with no way of going downstairs, this would still be useless).

And build dat elevator!

#12 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

i was gonna say this same thing. there is absolutely NO reason for the stupidity behind this since SD cant be abused. it shouldve been fixed A LONG time ago. it is severely unfair that our class gets screwed over like this. at least with TI runs you can get a new suit easily if you die (although there should be a rental person in Eden imo). with ET though its a complete nightmare and makes it so that your life is miserable until you have enough HP to survive most aoe waves (even if neutral barriering), otherwise youre constantly making runs back to town to get a new suit. and its not like axe mechs can really contribute much to an ET run, so the entire class as a whole gets screwed with no backup options (HSCRing mvps is scary as hell. Id rather range kill them in mado suit with my nice safe neutral barrier on lol)

im 100% down with having an item in inventory to resummon a new suit since changing the game code completely to keep you in suit would probably be too hard for them at this point

forgot about that one. once again I trusted irowiki and it failed on me once more.

updated

Edited by killedbytofu, 29 April 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#13 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

This really just makes no sense and shouldve been removed from the game ages ago. They offer us viable party support spells, and then completely screw us over by taking them all away in the blink of an eye. This makes running ET with my guild EXTREMELY difficult, because i am constantly having to run back to Prontera to regain my suit anytime I die. Why dont knights lose their peco or dragon upon death? Seems only fair to me that they should have to keep renting them everytime they die if mechanics have to suffer the same game mechanics. Then again it wouldnt make sense to completely disable a class from using their primary attack (dragonbreath) would it? Exactly.

There should at the very least be a madosuit rental person in every single town in the game as well as at the ET tower (although with no way of going downstairs, this would still be useless). I dont think its fair that an entire class should be excluded from major game content like this. The suit should not go away upon death at all. This shouldve been removed from the game ages ago. At the least, give us an item we can keep in our inventory to summon a new suit after a certain cooldown period or something, so that we arnt left completely useless if we so happen to die unexpectedly.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong since I don't have a Mado but I would think that any & all Rentals would last their full period whether you die or not. I know Gear can be both, broken & damaged, whether you die or not. This normally does however cause you to die. Obviously damaged Gear can be repaired but broken gear has to be replaced.

This applies to any & all classes though not just Mado's. It all depends on the monster also & what it does to the character.

Just like in WoE. I use an RG & I was constantly having to go back to Prontera to get a new Gryphon & repair gear.

Like I said I don't know if this helps any or even applies. So just ignore me if it doesn't :p_idea:

#14 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong since I don't have a Mado but I would think that any & all Rentals would last their full period whether you die or not. I know Gear can be both, broken & damaged, whether you die or not. This normally does however cause you to die. Obviously damaged Gear can be repaired but broken gear has to be replaced.

This applies to any & all classes though not just Mado's. It all depends on the monster also & what it does to the character.

Just like in WoE. I use an RG & I was constantly having to go back to Prontera to get a new Gryphon & repair gear.

Like I said I don't know if this helps any or even applies. So just ignore me if it doesn't :p_idea:

you had to get a new mount because SCs happened. the mount doesnt get removed upon death. mado gear does. ^^

#15 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

No VIP?
You can use the Kafra Lady to restore your mount and fix your gear and that applies to even Mechs being able to restore their Mado.Problem is,it doesn't stay on them when they die,like your RG's mount.Then you have to keep equipping your cannonballs every time you get another suit.

#16 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong since I don't have a Mado but I would think that any & all Rentals would last their full period whether you die or not.

you would think that. the current setup makes no sense at all.

#17 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

what I consider logical is that the mechanic may be able to build your own robot in exchange for a large amount of items. that as a skill that some object is also possible to have Odin Power in a AB, I don't see why this point is illogical.

illogical is that they can't cast "any skill" obtained by cards or items ( e.g. smoky card, Light of El Dicastes, teleport in asprika, etc) that bug nobody has come up claiming.

#18 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hate not being able to resu party members with Ygg Leaves in the Mado Suit..

#19 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

^ missing less for this to happen; and greed that he almost can't make do

#20 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

^ missing less for this to happen; and greed that he almost can't make do

are you using google translate to post or somethin? :p_sick:

#21 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

see his location for further information.

#22 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

yes, but that's not the problem. my english is very bad and I offer apologies.

#23 Cronokun

Cronokun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Chaos, Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

There's actually a sprite out there for a dead mechanic w/ pieces of broken mado somewhere. Not sure where it is, but it exists.

This?
Posted Image

#24 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

This?
Posted Image

this is a bioandroid, such as Kiehl that are part machine part homonculus (?)

#25 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

I also dont think its fair you cant groomy them either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users