I Dont Think Its Fair That MadoMechs Lose Their Suits Upon Death - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I Dont Think Its Fair That MadoMechs Lose Their Suits Upon Death

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

This?
Posted Image

Lol so your body gets ripped apart? :heh:

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Seriously, what happened to the rest of the Mechanic's body in the suit? Are you sure it's a suit or is it turning your Mechanic into a cyborg?

Well that certainly explains why you lose your suit upon death. You don't have any arms to repair it with!

#28 Cronokun

Cronokun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Chaos, Odin

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Lol so your body gets ripped apart? :heh:

i think they are like this xD

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
so practically their mado is not their body :p_idea:

Edited by Cronokun, 30 April 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#29 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

This?
Posted Image

Now that I'm seeing it again, it doesn't look quite right. But that is what I was referring to, yeah.

#30 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

This?
Posted Image

that made me sad. that poor mechanic :sob: :p_swt:

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Don't compare your suit to an RG/RK unless you're prepared to lose it via gloomy in WoE.

#32 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Don't compare your suit to an RG/RK unless you're prepared to lose it via gloomy in WoE.

^^^^^^ this is what I was thinking.

Let them rebuild it but make it gloomyable then.

#33 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

^^^^^^ this is what I was thinking.

Let them rebuild it but make it gloomyable then.

that's fair. someday will be taken into account these proposals / suggestions?
I hope

#34 cuick

cuick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

Is Unjust especially when competing with other classes more graceful, but I think the most viable way to fix the issue would be a platinum MADO skill suit invoking your MADO suit, but seeing how quickly they are trying to fix the suit MADO doubt see the blessed day when we finally do justice
the mechanical, there's definitely a lot on the mechanic to fix the suit but this is urgent.

that's right, I'm using google translator too :D

#35 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is Unjust especially when competing with other classes more graceful, but I think the most viable way to fix the issue would be a platinum MADO skill suit invoking your MADO suit, but seeing how quickly they are trying to fix the suit MADO doubt see the blessed day when we finally do justice
the mechanical, there's definitely a lot on the mechanic to fix the suit but this is urgent.

that's right, I'm using google translator too :D

100% behind a platinum skill to summon a mado suit

-Allow players to resummon a new suit wherever they are so they dont have to leave instances to continue on when resurrected

-if not above, then at least put the ability to rent a new suit in every Kafra in game, just like rent cart option

-Make cannonballs equipable to mechanic and not just the suit so when we die we dont have to reequip the cannonballs

-Make Cooldown actually cooldown, and not a preventative against a status you cant even see, count, or figure out when its gonna proc

-either make damage spells scale with level better, or lower the cast timers on them so they can be cast more frequently to balance out. even with 100 dex, arm cannon is pretty slow for a spell that has poor splash

-completely reverse the mechanics of arm cannon so that the splash gets wider with level instead of smaller. 3x3 is pretty worthless for leveling unless youre the greatest mobber to ever play the game

-lower the weight of mado fuel, or get rid of it altogether. the concept of having to use a mat to cast as well as a mat to fire is assbackwards

-raise the cartweight of mechanics cart cap (as well as some new cart skins exclusive to mechanic would be nice). were MECHANICS. why do genetics get cart modification, but the people that build things dont?

-make other weapons scale with attacks better so players arnt dependent on having to use some weapon thats almost completely unobtainable just to level and do reasonable damage. either that or make brocca a common drop so people have a fair chance at making the Pile Bunker. i see broccas go on sale like once every 3 weeks. they cost 1500 prize medals to buy, and the mats to make are fairly unobtainable. yes, we can use twin edge and hurricane fury with ranged enchants/cards as an option. but the damage is NOWHERE near that of just using a pile bunker. in fact its so low that its about on par with the damage of a second job class and is ineffective against lvl 100+ monsters

-lower the SP cost of Arm Cannon. either that or give mechanics a better SP pool. we shouldnt have to get 70-90 INT just to be able to level efficiently

- allow mechanics to be able to vend a shop and repair weapons while in mado suit. these in no way would 'overpower' the class.

- change the name of the repair skill to just 'Repair' instead of 'Repair Weapon'. its falsely labeled and players might possibly not know that they can repair both weapons AND armor as a mechanic

#36 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

100% behind a platinum skill to summon a mado suit

-Allow players to resummon a new suit wherever they are so they dont have to leave instances to continue on when resurrected

-if not above, then at least put the ability to rent a new suit in every Kafra in game, just like rent cart option

-Make cannonballs equipable to mechanic and not just the suit so when we die we dont have to reequip the cannonballs

-Make Cooldown actually cooldown, and not a preventative against a status you cant even see, count, or figure out when its gonna proc

-either make damage spells scale with level better, or lower the cast timers on them so they can be cast more frequently to balance out. even with 100 dex, arm cannon is pretty slow for a spell that has poor splash

-completely reverse the mechanics of arm cannon so that the splash gets wider with level instead of smaller. 3x3 is pretty worthless for leveling unless youre the greatest mobber to ever play the game

-lower the weight of mado fuel, or get rid of it altogether. the concept of having to use a mat to cast as well as a mat to fire is assbackwards

-raise the cartweight of mechanics cart cap (as well as some new cart skins exclusive to mechanic would be nice). were MECHANICS. why do genetics get cart modification, but the people that build things dont?

-make other weapons scale with attacks better so players arnt dependent on having to use some weapon thats almost completely unobtainable just to level and do reasonable damage. either that or make brocca a common drop so people have a fair chance at making the Pile Bunker. i see broccas go on sale like once every 3 weeks. they cost 1500 prize medals to buy, and the mats to make are fairly unobtainable. yes, we can use twin edge and hurricane fury with ranged enchants/cards as an option. but the damage is NOWHERE near that of just using a pile bunker. in fact its so low that its about on par with the damage of a second job class and is ineffective against lvl 100+ monsters

-lower the SP cost of Arm Cannon. either that or give mechanics a better SP pool. we shouldnt have to get 70-90 INT just to be able to level efficiently

- allow mechanics to be able to vend a shop and repair weapons while in mado suit. these in no way would 'overpower' the class.

- change the name of the repair skill to just 'Repair' instead of 'Repair Weapon'. its falsely labeled and players might possibly not know that they can repair both weapons AND armor as a mechanic

Make sure Groomy now works on mados =)

#37 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

honestly, it's overpower cast "adrenaline rush, power thrust, weapon perfection" in the MADO ?

it's overpower summon a mado suit?

it's overpower afk mechs in woe waiting 5 min cooldown... (?)

#38 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nobody is gonna play a suicide build when mado mechs are groomy-able..... lol Guilds will always assign an SC to shutdown a mech if this was the case.

~Creza the tactician.

#39 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

honestly, it's overpower cast "adrenaline rush, power thrust, weapon perfection" in the MADO ?

it's overpower summon a mado suit?

it's overpower afk mechs in woe waiting 5 min cooldown... (?)

allowing mado to use their blacksmith buffs could possibly fix the problems with the weapons not outputting enough attack dmg in the mado suit. as of now, the pile bunker is the ONLY weapon that outputs decent enough dps to be truely viable. EA enchanted AS hurricane fury is decent but then you have to lose your shield. twin edge doesnt equate into the formulas for flame thrower/ice launcher/and vulcan as well as it does for cart cannon. its ok with arm cannon but still on the low side of what it should be (and CC has lower cooldown/cast timer as well).. maybe if they lowered the cooldown on arm cannon or buffed flame thrower a lil more, then other weapon options would be available. actually arm cannon just needs its cooldown lowered period. its pretty slow even with 100 dex given the damage it does

#40 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Lets see...

Mado starts out as basically the slowest moving third class in the entire game. You need about job 20 or higher before its worth staying in madogear over being mado-less with smith skills. To use the skills you have to carry god awfully heavy tools that basically negate any bonus we get from expand inventory. Being in the same armor class as swordsmen our armor is heavy and so are the weapons like the giant axe. Fuel weights a ton if your going anywhere for very long and you also need cannon balls and condensed ice if you are using that skill. We get overheat, which no other class gets (For no good reason at all). We can't be healed normally and even worse skills that SHOULD work don't even.

I can't vend, identify items, or upgrade my weapon (All non-combat skills that don't effect balance in anyway). Lets not get into I can't use the same items like teleport clips or other things every single other class in the entire game can.

If I'm saved anywhere outside pront, say I'm in a Ti and die. I have to go back inside eden (turn effects off due to aura lag). Pay 1800 to go to pront and walk all the way to the middle of town past all the spam bots and hope no shop is over the npc. Then I grab the suit and flywing back to my town. I have to go into eden yet again and then into the ti. There I turn effects back on. I also have to re-equip cannon balls. Which for some reason don't just equip to my character (mado or not). I have to open the full menu to do it too, double clicking on the cannon won't work and I can't hotbar a cannonball either.

Losing mado at death is just stupid. Suicide has the 5 minute cool down, you aren't doing that again for a while, suit or no suit. Lets not get into that unlike other classes pile bunker has nothing even remotely close, even for poorer people in attack power. HF is two handed and about 330 attack vs 450 a difference of 120. If you are trying to use a one handed weapon like pile bunker, cargo mace is 175, or a difference of nearly 300 base attack. Its just, plain insane, even taking into account the two card slots cargo has. Its like comparing a level 1 axe/mace with 38 or so attack to a level 4 332 hurricane fury thats one handed.

Also before I got arm cannon my own flamethrower aoe would burn my friends trying to aoe with me since ice cannon has that bad skill lock down timer. The one that is so slow people think I'm running away from my mob or starting to disconnect so they ks me.

Edited by Lunebeam, 23 May 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#41 Mae1merkel

Mae1merkel

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Nope

Edited by VModCoffee, 01 November 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#42 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Lets see...

Mado starts out as basically the slowest moving third class in the entire game. You need about job 20 or higher before its worth staying in madogear over being mado-less with smith skills. To use the skills you have to carry god awfully heavy tools that basically negate any bonus we get from expand inventory. Being in the same armor class as swordsmen our armor is heavy and so are the weapons like the giant axe. Fuel weights a ton if your going anywhere for very long and you also need cannon balls and condensed ice if you are using that skill. We get overheat, which no other class gets (For no good reason at all). We can't be healed normally and even worse skills that SHOULD work don't even.

I can't vend, identify items, or upgrade my weapon (All non-combat skills that don't effect balance in anyway). Lets not get into I can't use the same items like teleport clips or other things every single other class in the entire game can.

If I'm saved anywhere outside pront, say I'm in a Ti and die. I have to go back inside eden (turn effects off due to aura lag). Pay 1800 to go to pront and walk all the way to the middle of town past all the spam bots and hope no shop is over the npc. Then I grab the suit and flywing back to my town. I have to go into eden yet again and then into the ti. There I turn effects back on. I also have to re-equip cannon balls. Which for some reason don't just equip to my character (mado or not). I have to open the full menu to do it too, double clicking on the cannon won't work and I can't hotbar a cannonball either.

Losing mado at death is just stupid. Suicide has the 5 minute cool down, you aren't doing that again for a while, suit or no suit. Lets not get into that unlike other classes pile bunker has nothing even remotely close, even for poorer people in attack power. HF is two handed and about 330 attack vs 450 a difference of 120. If you are trying to use a one handed weapon like pile bunker, cargo mace is 175, or a difference of nearly 300 base attack. Its just, plain insane, even taking into account the two card slots cargo has. Its like comparing a level 1 axe/mace with 38 or so attack to a level 4 332 hurricane fury thats one handed.

Also before I got arm cannon my own flamethrower aoe would burn my friends trying to aoe with me since ice cannon has that bad skill lock down timer. The one that is so slow people think I'm running away from my mob or starting to disconnect so they ks me.

^bump for this.

the very least they can do is add mado rental to every kafra in the game, since iRO cant make any game breaking changes to the class itself. if possible making the cannonballs equipable too would be nice

#43 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

Holy necro

inb4mods

#44 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

yanno original concept for mado was that if a person SD'd they'd lose all the mado components and have to rebuy from scratch

realistically speaking if someone where to durka bomb there is a possibility of allies getting hit as well (yeah impliment friendly fire suicide destruction for a nerf lol)

but uh I agree about the dismounting thingy, heck the whole darn thing needs a revamp heck in other mecha RPG's or even shows theres an eject function for the suit which saves the pilot/driver why not make it worthwhile for mechs and allow something like this when a player loses all hp in a mado suit they just revert to normal mechanic status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users