Ranger Overview Guide [PvE Focus] - Page 2 - Archer - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ranger Overview Guide [PvE Focus]

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

I thought that 11 haste on a piece of equipment will grant me 11% haste. But I was wrong. I'm finding a way to reduce my Charge Arrow cast time to at least 0.5 seconds. It looks like I can't achieve that on my current 28 level. But is it really possible to have at least 0.5 second Charge Arrow cast time?

The haste bonuses at lower levels isn't noticeable to make such a large impact on cast time, sadly. It is more than possible to have a 0.5 second Charge Arrow time, but with current obtainable equipment, it's really only possible through the use of Guardian and Wind Walk.

Previously you said that if a ranger require to consume a lot of food during leveling, that means something is wrong. That happens to me, I never move a muscle when I hit a monster. I just attack and do the skill rotation. Is it recommended to move around while attacking? or perhaps using ankle snare and acrobat? but those two skills have long cooldown which means they can't be use often.

You should be able to kite monsters using Impact Arrow while utilizing Acrobat/Ankle Snare. If you are still trying to grasp how to play the Ranger class, it's perfectly fine. No harm done in blowing food, pretty expendable stuff.

Sup Frost,

This is the current build I been using since KRo2.

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.8/0.0.0.0.0

It have's its usages if player is good at PvP.

Let me know what you think about it.

I think that build is pretty solid. You can even drop Falcon Assault to Level 1 and pick up a higher level of traps if needed for PvP purposes.

Excellent guide! I made a Wizard based on your other guide and now I am making a Ranger! :)

I was wondering.. is there any way you can list the skills in the order we should max them as we level up? As I progress through my levels I am not sure which skills to put points into first. (I am currently level 22 so this would especially be helpful when I get my 2nd job.)

Same request for stats. I am not sure which to max out (if any) at first. Whet I have been doing up to now is to put equal points in both STR and AGI.

Thanks!

Personally, I like going down the middle of the tree first. So picking up maximum Charge Arrow, Double Strafe, and then Arrow Vulcan. I like to then go down the left side of the tree, followed by the right.

So by Level 19, I should have:

Max Charge Arrow
Max Charge Arrow Mastery
Max Owl's Eye
Max Double Strafe
Max Attention Concentrate

And then by Level 28, I should have max Ranger Main with at least 1 point in Arrow Vulcan.

Stat point wise, if you are doing cookie cutter build (40/40/8), I'd say go for STR first, followed by AGI. If you are doing max one stat (51/27), AGI should be maxed first.

Edited by frostsense, 10 June 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#27 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi, I want to make a FA Ranger but help me please!!!

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

should i downgrade one and get fear breeze?

#28 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

what happened to your stat recommendations on your guide? didn't it used to have them?

#29 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

It's still there. I haven't changed anything as far as I know, unless I'm missing something.

#30 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

It's still there. I haven't changed anything as far as I know, unless I'm missing something.

I thought somewhere it listed like 40/40/8 or 50/2x/1 for stats but I don't see that anymore. Maybe I am blind. :D

#31 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hm, probably didn't post it in this particular guide. Stat builds should otherwise be the same (cookie cutter ones). You can do a 3x/3x/3x STR/AGI/VIT if you want to do something a little more unorthodox.

#32 eituze9

eituze9

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Can you show me, your tree skill with ro2base.com ?

#33 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

This is what I currently use: http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543

#34 RykerZ

RykerZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

how about the job? what u suggest?

#35 EvaStolla

EvaStolla

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

asking about the camo.. ex. if your job class is artisan or chef can you pick up from the dead the items you need during camo? like same with the thief during hiding. :D

#36 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

asking about the camo.. ex. if your job class is artisan or chef can you pick up from the dead the items you need during camo? like same with the thief during hiding. :D

You can harvest while in camouflage.

Unless there is a new bug that prevents you from doing so.

#37 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

Yes, and I hate all Rangers and Thieves for this.  :p_sad:

#38 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:53 PM

Yes, and I hate all Rangers and Thieves for this.  :p_sad:

Love and peace.

No hate.

:angel:

#39 EvaStolla

EvaStolla

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

thanks for the answer.. ^_^

#40 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:07 AM

how about the job? what u suggest?

I'd choose Artisan because it's easy to achieve level 50 just by 'looting' your targets twice. That's true for all stealthy characters, but not that bad for other classes either.

When you level up, there will get a free rune in your level-up gift boxes that allows you to change your profession later. So you can use that when you reached master levels to become whatever you want.

Frustrated side note:

If you want to cheat yourself through the game and you know how to write a macro, you can do what soo many other players do in the game: Use a cloaked character to either dig for gold or collect herbs. And yes, for some reasons only the devs know, you can do this in stealth mode.

Then of course, choosing either Blacksmith or Alchemist would be even faster..

#41 kentarusxw2z

kentarusxw2z

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:39 AM

Hello. I'm new here, playing as an archer and going for ranger. Since this guide posted since 2013, is this still up to date? Oh and all those skill build link are not working for me... Is it just me or?????

Well, thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users