11 replies to this topic

#1 LunarFlowerHymn

LunarFlowerHymn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I plan on making a FS priest at launch and I'm having a hard time deciding which job would be best. Any opinons?

#2 Groteske

Groteske

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNear Here
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. :Emo_17:
I'm stuck between tailor and alchemist.
Tailor = better gear, alchemist = pots + boosts
Hmm... Too damn confusing.

#3 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

My personal preference would be to avoid Artisan and Chef since those rely on killing monsters to collect basic materials, but in practice, any of them can work out for you in the end.

If you want profit, they all have their means in the end.

If you don't want to do dungeons, then Blacksmith or Artisan may help you keep your gear updated at lower levels. If you do plan on doing dungeons then, any blue gear you can get from them will be better than anything you can make or get from quests at equal levels.

For Alchemist, yes it's good for potions and stat buffs. At lower levels, you may need to use some MP potions to keep up in parties. But at higher levels, with all of the WIS you get from gear, Aqua Benedicta is enough is to keep your MP up. In between, you should have enough MP potions from monster drops. Stat buff potions aren't significant until you can make the higher-level ones.
I find Alchemists more interesting just for their ability to refine Oridecon and Elunium. Or their future ability to make HP potions you can throw (even AoE ones).

Chef, you don't even need food as an acolyte/priest. But the buffs from higher-level foods may be interesting to you (like maybe you want a bit more crit or magic attack).

If you just want something easy to level, then I would go for Artisan. If you just scavenge every monster you can as you're leveling, and refine the mats you get, you should be able to hit 50 Artisan while your combat class is in its 40's.

#4 kirstie

kirstie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I'm trying to work it out myself. I'm worried I'll end up with something worthless :( I've got to the make the character now, as I have a leveling partner and he's already all set up :o

:wah:

Edited by kirstie, 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#5 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

You can never have too many alchemists. But smithing makes the most gold if you're not into skinning monsters.

#6 Oritzia

Oritzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlying over the moon
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

From personal experience, do not go cook.
It's really irritating, unless you take the time to hop to server one or two and pick up the things people leave behind in busy areas.
It's tedious, but definitely worth it if you put some time into it.
So far I would say that Alche would probably be best because gathering herbs is a pretty easy task, it's also separate from killing mobs which can become a little irritating as an FS to begin with because-_- holy light.
Just do yourself a favor and stay away from Chef.

#7 HarukaRinn

HarukaRinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I like alchemist because, like people mentioned, it's easier than chef, yet still gives buffs. The pots are also useful for guildies and future alts I plan on making :3

Edited by HarukaRinn, 07 May 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#8 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

You might want to separate pot buffs from food buffs. This one piece would be extremely important especially if you are going to focus on buff potions (30 min.). When you die, you lose them, this is important in raids. Pots are to be treated as situational usage, food is to be treated as preparations for the upcoming situation. Unless you plan to go DPS Priest, you are best served by Alchemist or Blacksmith as they both have useful end-game usage scenarios.

#9 joh2141

joh2141

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Alchemy is the best profession for practical use. Crafting is nice but Alch is still the best. The only trade off is that Alch is far more difficult to level than Tailor early but way easier to craft later on.

#10 kirstie

kirstie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hmm I'm only level 5, so I guess I start again :o Thankyou for the info everyone! :ani_wow:

#11 kirstie

kirstie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Isn't so fun cause I had the pre-historic title on her too :(

#12 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

There are some spots on some maps that keeps spamming flowers and if you happen to find one of those spots then note it. If you collect those herbs like 4-5 straight hours then you can easily make your alche job lvl +30. +30 is also enough for priest since I'm only making int related buff pots and crafted artisant SP pots. So I would say that if you are going to make FS priest then go for alchemist. It's best suited job for this class in my humble opinion. You can always you artisan or blacksmith friends to make you a equipment so you don't need to take these jobs ^^/)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users