NatoKenichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I guess I'm a little confused about this. These are classes you can get now right ? If I say had a fully leveled Ninja I could switch to one of these classes ? Sorry I took a break from RO for a couple years and this class is new to me. I'm wondering what each class gives to the table too. Pros and Cons of each would be nice and helpful. Thank guys !

#2 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Kagerou(Male) /Oboro(Female) are the next class for ninja yes.

Kagerou/Oboro are for the most part similar however each gender has exclusive skills. Kagerou has some interesting PvP/WoE centric debuffs and can give double attack

Oboro has the skill distorted crescent which when used properly gives them a major boost to their m atk/atk.

There are a few bread and butter skills all ninja's get no matter what build:

16th Night
Eliminate your fixed cast time and cut your variable cast time by 50% (Amazing buff but you only want to get it to level 3)

Pure Soul
Restores Hp/Sp at a rapid rate "10%/5% Hp/Sp Per sec for 10 sec" (Max it, enough said)

Summon Charm Earth/Wind/Water/Fire:
Wind/Water/Fire charms will buff the damage of the respective elemental ninja spell. 10 Charms will endow your weapon with that element
Earth Charms will boost your weapon attack by 15% each charm, 10 will endow weapon with earth property( A commonly used tactic is to summon 9 charms. This way you get a great power boost without being locked into an element)

Leveling wise you have a couple of choices, Throwing or Magic

Throwing ninjas can use new skills like Kunai Splash (You go through your kunais like water), Explosive Kunai (Good Damage but pretty hard to use since it's ground targeted and the AoE has recently been reduced) and Swirling Petal (Ground Targeted Attack,doesn't use Ammo and Endowable) These skills are influenced by Str and Dex, Swirling petals will also factor in Agi into the final damage calculations.

Magic Ninjas use the above mentioned charms along with their first class ninja magic to demolish their foes.

The cons...well as mentioned Kunai throwing Kagerou received a nerf to Exploding Kunai cutting it's AoE down to a 3x3 Range making it harder to use since it is a ground targeted skill. And the job change is...EVIL

Edited by SilX, 30 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#3 NatoKenichi

NatoKenichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Kagerou(Male) /Oboro(Female) are the next class for ninja yes.

Kagerou/Oboro are for the most part similar however each gender has exclusive skills. Kagerou has some interesting PvP/WoE centric debuffs and can give double attack

Oboro has the skill distorted crescent which when used properly gives them a major boost to their m atk/atk.

There are a few bread and butter skills all ninja's get no matter what build:

16th Night
Eliminate your fixed cast time and cut your variable cast time by 50% (Amazing buff but you only want to get it to level 3)

Pure Soul
Restores Hp/Sp at a rapid rate "10%/5% Hp/Sp Per sec for 10 sec" (Max it, enough said)

Summon Charm Earth/Wind/Water/Fire:
Wind/Water/Fire charms will buff the damage of the respective elemental ninja spell. 10 Charms will endow your weapon with that element
Earth Charms will boost your weapon attack by 15% each charm, 10 will endow weapon with earth property( A commonly used tactic is to summon 9 charms. This way you get a great power boost without being locked into an element)

Leveling wise you have a couple of choices, Throwing or Magic

Throwing ninjas can use new skills like Kunai Splash (You go through your kunais like water), Explosive Kunai (Good Damage but pretty hard to use since it's ground targeted and the AoE has recently been reduced) and Swirling Petal (Ground Targeted Attack,doesn't use Ammo and Endowable) These skills are influenced by Str and Dex, Swirling petals will also factor in Agi into the final damage calculations.

Magic Ninjas use the above mentioned charms along with their first class ninja magic to demolish their foes.

The cons...well as mentioned Kunai throwing Kagerou received a nerf to Exploding Kunai cutting it's AoE down to a 3x3 Range making it harder to use since it is a ground targeted skill. And the job change is...EVIL

Thank you for the very detailed reply, if you don't mind, I have a couple more questions regarding the class. Well since its forced, I will have to become a Kagerou.

1. If I do a Magic Build what Skills should I aim for ?

2. If money is not a issue in game is there any specific skills or equipment you can recommend for a magic build ?

3. Roughly whats stats should I put into for best damage output ?

Thanks again !

Edited by NatoKenichi, 30 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#4 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

1: The most common skills I've seen are Flaming Petals, Blaze Shield, and Exploding dragon. FP under 16th Night casts pretty quickly and for good single target damage. Mobs can be lured into an amped blaze Shield and blasted with Exploding Dragon. Icicle Spear is a good complement to the other skills being very quick to cast as well. If you wish to have the kagerou skill shadow hiding you want to get Shadow Slash 5. Also Cicada skin shed and Ninja Mastery 10 (Prereq for Pure soul)

As a Kagerou you want Pure Soul 5, The elemental charms, Cast and Release Ninja Spell (Release gives you another strong Magic Attack at the cost of your charms and Cast will lay an elemental trap on the ground with different effects.More a PvP thing. Effectiveness I can't say I know)16th Night, shadow hiding and Illusion Shadow(this skill will create a clone of you that will distract monsters. Useful) After that where you put the rest of your points is up to you

2: If money is no object you want all the gear that can possibly reduce your cast time as much as possible.
Headgear: Crown of Deceit Reduces cast time the higher you upgrade it. Toss a Kathryne Keyron Card for further reduction
Weapons: Kagerou can dual wield daggers or a Huuma shuriken. In this case you want daggers that boost your M Atk. The best ones for that are the RWC Knife(Good luck finding one of those though), Bazerald(Much easier to access and able to use malangdo enchants on it, specifically Spell 3/4), and Mikatsuki (Kagerou Exlcusive dagger which reduces variable cast and sp consumption)
Accessories: RWC Pendants enchanted with 2 Spell 3 Enchantments
Note: The Spell enchant Increases your m Atk and Reduces variable cast time by up to 10%
So as an example: If you had a regular +9 CoD, a Bazerald Spell4/Spell4, and Two RWC pendants with Spell 3/Spell3 your total variable cast time reductions would be 61% off of the bat. Combine that with 16th night and you're easily near instant cast. Not factoring in buffs or other gear you may have.

3: Stats: Most important is Int.
Dex if you don't feel like spending a lot of money on the optimal gear. If you do decide to bling your ninja out you don't need it
If you're not putting in dex, Agi
Ninja spell delay is based less on global delay and more atk speed delay similar to some melee skills. So the higher your agi the faster you can cast your offensive spells.
Vit for Hp, Str for carry weight (Mostly obsolete thanks to heavy lifter boxes), Luk for a bit more m atk

#5 NatoKenichi

NatoKenichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I look forward to using your information to help build my Kagerou. :p_laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users