EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hey all I currently have a Sage that is around lvl 67/24 and unsure which build is going to be good for after Renewal.

My current skills are like this.

Also my base stats are currently around
Int 90+
Dex & Agi 10

I had been planning to make a HS sage but am now reconsidering due to the fact that I play on Valky server, I do have a Linker on Alt acct but am annoyed by the fact that it's only useful if I marry them. The annoying point there is that I have to spend 500 kafra points to get them married which is stupid.

Also with the change in the way exp is gained I figure I probally will not need to get anymore in Lightning Storm, Wish I hadn't wasted 3 points there as it is now. Looks like I will be having to invest some points into FWall as I didn't do that before and am now regretting.

Just wondering what would serve me better on the way to transing and beyond.

#2 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

If you plan to go sorcerer, i'd say just marry the linker. My linker wife was useful as sage/scholar and sorcerer and i've changed from caster/hindsighter/FS.

#3 Neutral12

Neutral12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationTraveling the world of Ragnarok Online.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

It really depends on your style. Some decide to go Hindsight because its fast and effective. Some prefer the bolting build because it's powerful and allows you to mob for exp. In my personal opinion though I believe that the bolting build is the best way to go. Due to the fact that it is the least costly build. Not to mention it's simple and straight forward (cast and kill).

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

If you plan to go sorcerer, i'd say just marry the linker. My linker wife was useful as sage/scholar and sorcerer and i've changed from caster/hindsighter/FS.

I really can't afford to go marrying my chars in this game as I am on Valky Server and it needs you to buy kafra items unlike on paid server where if just costs zenny.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

I really can't afford to go marrying my chars in this game as I am on Valky Server and it needs you to buy kafra items unlike on paid server where if just costs zenny.

It is something u can get a hell of alot of mileage out of. If they are tradable then buy the item from someone for zeny. GL. :)

#6 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

preRenewal, Hindsighters (when married to linkers) were definitely generally faster to level than bolters. But now, Bolts cast faster then preRenewal, and you can one-shot most monsters going all the way to 99. So, even bolters are fast to level now.

#7 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

preRenewal, Hindsighters (when married to linkers) were definitely generally faster to level than bolters. But now, Bolts cast faster then preRenewal, and you can one-shot most monsters going all the way to 99. So, even bolters are fast to level now.

Just a bit curious here, which monsters would you think to one shot at lvl 80+??? Really ounce you hit lvl 90 that is not really an option as far as I can tell, but would really appreciate some help if I overlooked something.

Also one of the things I have noticed now since renewal hit is that Agility is now really puffed up in how useful and/or necessary it is. Also because of this I think that HS might just be quite a bit easier to level as long as you have a Spirit Buff (not a spouse really just the buff), super fast though with the spouse. The fact is that Attack speed seems to be a bit faster now than it was before so the bolts might actually fire off faster.

#8 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

I've seen people up to lvl 8x just do Goats all the way since those are relatively faster to kill than the monsters +15 levels above them. Although, I think (I haven't tried it myself) you would need imp/siroma clips for the higher level monsters.

#9 Bahlum

Bahlum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

I'm having fun on my Sage mobbing up Roween and using Firewall + Heaven's Drive ...

at level 95 I'm satisfied with the leveling speed killing Roweens this way.

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

I'm having fun on my Sage mobbing up Roween and using Firewall + Heaven's Drive ...

at level 95 I'm satisfied with the leveling speed killing Roweens this way.

I might have done this myself but unfortunately I wasted 12 points getting Meteor Storm Maxed. I am now very sorry for it but my Sage is at lvl 89 so is still 10 lvls away from a reset possibility. I skipped the quag tree and am now regretting it.

#11 Bahlum

Bahlum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

I might have done this myself but unfortunately I wasted 12 points getting Meteor Storm Maxed. I am now very sorry for it but my Sage is at lvl 89 so is still 10 lvls away from a reset possibility. I skipped the quag tree and am now regretting it.

First I thought you mistook "Meateor Storm" for "Thunderstorm", but now that you mention "Quag" I'm pretty sure you are mistaking "Sage" class and "Wizard". Unless you are mistaking quag for some sage skill ... ?

#12 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

How can bolts cast faster now than in pre-R when you could get instacast in pre-R and most things now have fixed cast times?

#13 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

How can bolts cast faster now than in pre-R when you could get instacast in pre-R and most things now have fixed cast times?

Base casting time of a level 10 bolt was lowered to 4.4 seconds (it was 7 seconds preR).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users