235 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

Well 1st week of Ymir Renewal is underway and the not so surprising amount of feedback has been coming in. Here is a list of stuff that I already know will happen Thursday.

Exp event will continue to 10/28.
KVM badges will work with renewal.
Prize Medal turnin NPC will go away until the race to 150 is settled (November 4th).
Recall skill will be reimplemented.
WoE 1 will discontinue occuring on Saturdays for Ymir.
Job change quests will get further investigation to see how the load can be distributed.
Reset all castles to 100 100 all servers, kick all owners. Only Valk, Greenwood lake, and Nidhoggur realms will be open this week. We are condensing down on all servers to see how 3rd classes are needing to be adjusted for balance (if at all).
Juno will get its portal to Nidhoggur back (sorry for that)
Sign will be made tradable.
All item mall hats will be sold in Boxes (this is for our accounting matters, it won't effect already purchased stuff).
Slim potions weight will be adjusted back to the lower rates it was before renewal.
Valkyrie, Zargons will sell to NPC for 250, medicine bowls will have appropriate price again as well.
Halloween event PT 1 will start!

We will implement a Reset Stone in the item mall on all servers for 200 pts.100pt Later this will be used to do a full stat reset. More stones the higher your level is. That reset NPC won't exist until after the free resetter leaves.
Everyone will get the chance to do another zeny free stat or skill reset after maint.
Valkyrie 3rd job changes will be locked. You will need to use a Reset Stone (see above) to perform the 3rd job change. You will get a bunch of buffs at the end of the quest (like BM and BG and all stat food). This change is to incentivize serious players, and to limit bot access to the higher levels. There are many ways of acquiring 100pts, Super Rewards IE the offers and surveys we have; and Playspan gives 100pts for signing up. The game is F2P and massive amounts of contents are available for Free, but a 1 time purchase to get access keeps bots lower, and gives us the revenue to keep things improving.
Neuralizer will discontinue being sold.

Things in the works:
Our Gateway and WarpPortal have several new systems and widgets in the works in the next 3 months, they should make your playing and staying in touch with your friends so much easier.
Proposals to alter cast times and aspd formulas.
More eden group quests, at least 5 for ultra low levels to get them to 11.
Tweaking around KVM / BG to get it to be more competitive and interesting.
WoE schedule switching regularly, and possibly changing alliance and or guild size.
NPC to tell you what non-Eden quests are available to you at your level
Web resource that states what level x monster is, where it can be found, what its size, race and element are. And important items that it drops.
Web Resource that shows what items are needed for each classes skills stuff, and what monster to get it from efficiently.
November 5th is when the "free/zeny stat/skill resetter" leaves. the Kafra shop resetter will be implemented then.
Neuralizer will be repriced on November 5th and reimplemented.

Reset Stone Requirement for future Stat Reset
Base Level Consumable Item (Quantity)
1 ~ 40 Reset Stone (x1)
41 ~ 60 Reset Stone (x2)
61 ~ 80 Reset Stone (x3)
81 - 90 Reset Stone (x4)
91 ~ 100 Reset Stone (x5)
101 ~ 110 Reset Stone (x6)
111 ~ 120 Reset Stone (x7)
121 ~ 130 Reset Stone (x8)
131 ~ 140 Reset Stone (x9)
141 ~ 150 Reset Stone (x10)

#2 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

The game is F2P and massive amounts of contents are available for Free, but a 1 time purchase to get access keeps bots lower, and gives us the revenue to keep things improving.

I can already see people questioning that part :P

I still think that it should be a permanent, account bound, non-consumable item thing, and set it as a quest item type required checked by the npc for doing Resets.

Edited by Prodigy, 19 October 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#3 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

Wait, discontinue the Nuetralizer why, is this just to change the price or perm remove it? Skill resetting is a must have for this game, especially with 3-1/3-2 in the game(that can vastly change how the char should be used).

#4 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

We will implement a Reset Stone in the item mall on all servers for 200 pts.100pt

Things in the works:
Proposals to alter cast times and aspd formulas.

First off I will say +1 to the fact that the points are lowered and people shouldn't have anymore reason to complain

(c'mon folks 100 points, if you can buy cigarettes, crack, condoms, and chicken you can afford/earn that)

also aspd and cast times of which classes? I'm curious whether it will be a negative or positive

#5 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

We will implement a Reset Stone in the item mall on all servers for 200 pts.100pt Later this will be used to do a full stat reset. More stones the higher your level is. That reset NPC won't exist until after the free resetter leaves.
Everyone will get the chance to do another zeny free stat or skill reset after maint.
Valkyrie 3rd job changes will be locked. You will need to use a Reset Stone (see above) to perform the 3rd job change. You will get a bunch of buffs at the end of the quest (like BM and BG and all stat food). This change is to incentivize serious players, and to limit bot access to the higher levels. There are many ways of acquiring 100pts, Super Rewards IE the offers and surveys we have; and Playspan gives 100pts for signing up. The game is F2P and massive amounts of contents are available for Free, but a 1 time purchase to get access keeps bots lower, and gives us the revenue to keep things improving.
Neuralizer will discontinue being sold.

I don't know if I understand this part. Valk players can use this Kafra Shop item and skip the jobchange quest or using this stone we have access to the jobchange quest?

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

I never thought I'd see the day Gravity actually charge people for an expansion.

Can't wait for the next wave of Valkyrie QQers.

#7 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

I can't believe they still use the "bots" excuse. I also can't believe people are still buying that crap.

#8 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Playspan gives 100 points for signing up but you guys only offer a 500 pt sale >.>

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

Wait, discontinue the Nuetralizer why, is this just to change the price or perm remove it? Skill resetting is a must have for this game, especially with 3-1/3-2 in the game(that can vastly change how the char should be used).

Neuralizer comes back on the 5th. Why would they sell a Neuralizer when they have a skill reset npc in-game for the time being?

edit: Also just reminding you not to disappoint me with the BG/KVM enhancements, Heim!!!!!!!

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 October 2010 - 02:32 PM.

#10 Wingweaver

Wingweaver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

Personally, through all the negativity that this topic has attracted, I'm rather relieved to see what Gravity has done.

In here, they clearly state their full reasoning, instead of "Bots". Their willingness to at least take a look at the system and change surely means that it's a step forward in the right direction.

As much as I want it to be completely free (and trust me, I am on the front line here on that.) If they say they need the cash, then there's no denying it. RO isn't exactly a top chart MMO, and this probably wasn't an easy course of action for them to take.

All that I can ask of people who post after is for them to think out their posts and try to understand where everyone is coming from.

#11 genesisSOC

genesisSOC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

NOT good enough. Remove it all together, there is NOTHING you can do, there is NO excuse, NO WAY you should EVER make us pay for third jobs. Quit using bots as an excuse and start understanding that you're only making us real players suffer even more. You're just making people want to go to private servers even more.

You disgust me so much.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

What free-to-play game is NOT pay-to-win? It was only a matter of time before Valkyrie would show its true colors.

#13 Forzando

Forzando

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

We will implement a Reset Stone in the item mall on all servers for 200 pts.100pt Later this will be used to do a full stat reset. More stones the higher your level is.

You can't exactly expect some people to be happy with that. I know I'm just whining and nobody will care, but I still have to say it for the sake of anyone that do not currently have access to their account for various reasons (away from the game, unable to pay subscription, etc.)

You are basically rewarding people for paying now with free stat / skill resets. People who will come back to the game later will have to pay additional fees (stones) to reset their useless characters due to massive changes in the game mechanics.

With that in mind, I'm not renewing my unpaid accounts ever again.

Why won't you keep the free resetter, but only allow for one reset per character created before Renewal ?

#14 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

I don't want to see this thread turning into people arguing/trolling again over "whining." Posts that do so will be deleted.

#15 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

My question is how can we use playspan for this? Sure they give 100 UP , but in order to buy WP we need 500 UP ......

Making it an item in their shop is also pointless because people can spam 4-8 emails before they block you for a day , thus giving you 4-8 stones.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

I understand why the reset stone is per character since having an item that resets ALL characters on an account in one fell swoop is kind of overpowering. However, I'm curious to know why they don't have a game account-bound poring key alternative to the unlocking 3rd classes for Valkyrie players. Gravity would still make microtransaction money since Valkyrie players have multiple game accounts.

#17 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

A temporary poring key would be a LOT better than this crap. More people from pservers and such would be attracted to coming here. Well, that certainly won't happen now.

#18 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

Wat.
What other reason is this thread even here other than to have Valk QQ and Ymir call them babies?
Not cool man. Now what am I going to do.

#19 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Wat.
What other reason is this thread even here other than to have Valk QQ and Ymir call them babies?
Not cool man. Now what am I going to do.

Read a book, and there's always the Off Topic section for talking about that strange gunk that you found stuck to your shoe yesterday.

#20 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

I thought you were cool Resplendent.

#21 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Resplendent is cool. quick on the draw but cool.

#22 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:00 PM

Currently our stat reset is 1000 pts to remove 20 stat points.

Our intention is to give a full stat reset for at most that amount.

The neuralizer will be cheaper, and will be taken out of the shop until the in-game event is removed.

There have been significant improvements made that cost significant resources, we are not complete with our designs and right now

#23 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

People stop supporting when nothing is done, and they are ignored.
Forcing people to support something that is unknown is just...
I think the problems that plague the people on this server will continue.
How do we know anything will change? Doesn't have to be drastic but should be "better than before".

I do like the what's in the works though.
Would help new ones that come to the game... As well as familiarize people with new levels/etc. of renewal monsters.
If you manage it well enough, might help pull some more people in.

I have friends without kafra, and siblings who play this too, and I don't mind paying a dollar to keep em in game.
Hopefully I can at least do that (aka you guys not making the stone untradeable). -.-
They are the reason I'm still around here.
It's the wrong way I still think. Little to late.

I have points still so I really have nothing to loose. You guys haven't gained anything by this from me because I've already bought the points eons ago.
But, I will probably leave if I don't see anything being done, and probably the poorer ones or the people who get angry at you will too if they haven't already decided to do so.
I look forward to seeing what solutions/improvements you come up with. Maybe I'll willingly start supporting you again if you deliver. :P
(Sorry if it comes off harsh. xP)

Edited by SamuelAdams, 19 October 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#24 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Seriously though Heim, can you please address the issue with my Green Maiden?

#25 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Love how my question was ignored ha ha , how are we able to use playspan points for this? Are you guys going to offer 100wp for sale from now on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users