Connecting existing account via Steam's WarpPortal Launcher - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Connecting existing account via Steam's WarpPortal Launcher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 RblDiver

RblDiver

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yesterday, in various efforts to get the game launching, I bypassed the WarpPortal launcher and used the RO2Client.exe file directly. Using the web site I created an RO2 account and successfully got in the game.

However, now if I try to launch the game via Steam, it opens the WarpPortal Launcher. This launcher now wants me to create a new account. It has no option to link an existing account.

This really should be fixed, I should be able to say "Create New" OR "Use Existing" or somesuch.

#2 Gescean

Gescean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Chan13

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Seconded I'm still having to launch the RO2client.exe instead of just clicking play in Steam, kind of a hassle :<

#3 Tidusdark1988

Tidusdark1988

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

third or whatever trying to figure this out atm as well kinda annoying not being able to launch thru steam. tried merging my accounts into the new account i created thru steam wich appearantly auto logs you when u start the game so there goes that. and when i tried mergign the game accounts i get the issue of having 2 different warpportal accounts on wich the game accounts reside.

Edited by Tidusdark1988, 02 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#4 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

4th'd can't believed they didn't think about it sooner.

#5 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Bumping this thread because it's really annoying to register new account instead of loging in with your already existent account. I mean c'mon is it really hard to put an option like "login with your existing account" and "register new account"? What's the point of releasing game on steam if you don't even puting a option like that? Yesterday steam system didn't working and now it's working but it automatically logs you into game with your new created account. This is hella and kinda annoying. I already created a created character yesterday and made it level 12 with tons of efforts so I refuse to play with new account. So please fix this issue as soon as possible plesase or if there is way please someone put how we can link both accounts or whatever... Thanks in advance!

#6 tsunami

tsunami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

run the ro2client.exe directly from "\Steam\steamapps\common\Ragnarok Online 2" i made a shortcut to it on my desktop. you'll bypass the whole warp portal launcher

Edited by tsunami, 03 May 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#7 Gescean

Gescean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

It'll bypass the launcher but then it also bypasses the reasons I got it on steam for :<, time tracking and purchase management.

#8 Tidusdark1988

Tidusdark1988

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

i see there still isn't much for it then ???

#9 Renrawr

Renrawr

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

If you want to get creative and be able to access the steam community through the game, while still registering through the WarpPortal website, I finally figured out the process to manage that.
1) Close Steam
2) Delete "WPLauncher.exe" from your "steamapps/common/Ragnarok Online 2" folder
3) Rename "RO2client.exe" as "WPLauncher.exe
4) Under the "SHIPPING" folder, set the compatability mode of "Rag2.exe" to "Run as Administrator"
5) Set the compatability mode of Steam to "Run as Administrator"
6) Enjoy!

Edited by Renrawr, 04 May 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#10 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

If you want to get creative and be able to access the steam community through the game, while still registering through the WarpPortal website, I finally figured out the process to manage that.
1) Close Steam
2) Delete "WPLauncher.exe" from your "steamapps/common/Ragnarok Online 2" folder
4) Under the "SHIPPING" folder, set the compatability mode of "Rag2.exe" to "Run as Administrator"
6) Enjoy!

Sir, you get a cookie.

#11 Volmise

Volmise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEterna Forest

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

1) Close Steam
6) Enjoy!

You are absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for this - I was ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to use my original account via Steam and this works like a charm.

#12 Gescean

Gescean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

1) Close Steam
6) Enjoy!

Well this worked a little bit, but it won't update my steam status to in RO2 so I'm guessing it's also not tracking my time played.

Thank you though! now I don't have to keep finding the RO2 client that dissapears off the list once in a while.

Edited by Gescean, 05 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#13 Nevzqt

Nevzqt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Does somebody know why i cannot convert my WP energy to my main account ? Only to the -_-ty account i created with steam ?

#14 danmoon

danmoon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

same for me fix it pls (bump)

#15 EinStriker

EinStriker

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

BUMP!! i'm having the same issue, had to do a "proxy" fix meanwhile :(

#16 Gescean

Gescean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Still would like to see this fixed, don't understand why it's so hard to allow logins with different accounts and without a forced new registration.

#17 Sannhet

Sannhet

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

Getting a missing executable error after following these steps. Suggestions?

#18 fuzzy715

fuzzy715

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

I totally agree with this whole steam issues since I had to do the same thing, and rather then changing file names etc etc, just to have to reset everything and rant and rave when it doesn't work.. so my suggestion is simple.. In steam under the game tabs in the top, select add a non steam game to my library (yes I know it sounds silly since it suppose to be a steam game) and add RO2client.exe. Now its more of patch, but allows you to use steam, and not bugger with system files.. I think its the lesser of 2 evil...

#19 NitroxDragon

NitroxDragon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

This is now an issue again, as people that try updating now that have fixed the sign in problem this way now cannot play.
I have an account, I want to play with it and not make a new one.
FIX THIS PLEASE.
It's driving us all insane.
Why the hell would you not put a sign in function on a registration pop-up?

#20 unlacedmalkavian

unlacedmalkavian

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yea, still an issue. Come on, Gravity. Is this really such a difficult fix? Making your game available on Steam really widens your audience, don't alienate potential players with this kind of annoying crap.

Edited by unlacedmalkavian, 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#21 YuenSan

YuenSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationComputer...

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ditto, I was doing fine with Renrawr's fix, until this patch.

#22 NitroxDragon

NitroxDragon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Don't go and make a dummy account either, it'll auto log you in to the account you don't want.

#23 NitroxDragon

NitroxDragon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Complained about this through Steam, someone made a fix. Here it is, should work fine.
http://www.mediafire...qa4npqfsd64u492
Credit to Steam username CoffeeCone

Edited by NitroxDragon, 09 May 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#24 Xiiram

Xiiram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:hyoeden
  • LocationBogotá D.C.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Complained about this through Steam, someone made a fix. Here it is, should work fine.
http://www.mediafire...qa4npqfsd64u492
Credit to Steam username CoffeeCone

Worked perfectly, thank you (and thanks to CoffeCone too) :p_laugh:

#25 SonicSonedit

SonicSonedit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

One week passed and no reply from Admin.

Edited by SonicSonedit, 10 May 2013 - 06:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users