Game running at painfully low FPS - Page 2 - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Game running at painfully low FPS

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#26 TKWizard

TKWizard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

This happened to me too. Reinstalled seemed to fix the problem, but I worry it may happen again..

Oh well, can't tell until way later..

This NEVER happened on SEA.

Edited by TKWizard, 03 May 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#27 Jells

Jells

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

And to think that it runs smoothly for me. Still not an option to play with my bf. He wanted to play it so badly with me but he's not even running Windows.. so that would have been a huge fun to get it up and running when it's not even running smooth on most Windows 7 machines.. :P Hell yeah.

#28 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I took off "Sunlight Effect" and dropped the shadow setting to "3" while everything else is at max and checked

This solved my problem. Turned off sunlight (and left everything else on max) and I jumped from 30 to 60 fps :p_omg:

Thanks <3

Edited by TheHeretic, 03 May 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#29 Vulasuw

Vulasuw

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Thank you all for the replies! I will compile some of those solutions on my first post. Maybe they might help others (temporarily) fix their problems?

#30 Leaon

Leaon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

This solved my problem. Turned off sunlight (and left everything else on max) and I jumped from 30 to 60 fps :p_omg:

Thanks <3

You're welcome! Glad it worked for someone else.

#31 xIDemon

xIDemon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

i have the same low fps issue.
i was golden right up until this morning, grinding away the hours, and sudden this hit me. seems like it hit a lot of you earlier and more frequently, but i made it to 25 or 26 before having any fps problems.

tried the usual restart the program, restart the computer. nothing helped. i haven't reinstalled it yet though.

#32 Vulasuw

Vulasuw

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

Bumping because this has already helped quite a few friends of mine!

#33 Pathog3n

Pathog3n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'm also getting choppy gameplay but my frames are locked at 30 so I'm led to believe it's server sided.

#34 PanKonLeche

PanKonLeche

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

guys just reinstall !

#35 nicoran

nicoran

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

So, I got mine to work so far.
I'd re-installed using Steam. I previously used the Beta installer (never removed after beta but did update) to play the game. I guess it was missing something. I'll let yall know if I still get hiccups.
Good luck.

#36 Maryn

Maryn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

<p>From what I've gathered from people it seems to mainly be an nvidia problem. No offense to them of course. I've not ran into any fps issue other than a mentioned missing combat text popup such as Miss and Parry/Block.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>My setup:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>1280x1024</p>
<p>i5 2500k @ Default Clock</p>
<p>Gigabyte HD 6850 OC @ 910 mhz 1150 mem mhz</p>
<p>WD 160gb 5200 rpm (Main Drive for RO2 and OS)</p>
<p>MSI Z77A-G41 Mobo</p>
<p>8gb of Gskill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The only time I see an FPS Dip is during a very, very crowded area. I have noticed some really small micro-stutters and they did not seem to be picked up by Fraps so this leads me to believe that this is a server/engine-side issue. Otherwise I am playing at a smooth(albiet console smooth at this point) of 50fps - 60fps.</p>

ps: Ignore the stupid P's. I didn't log in before replying and this is the result

#37 epy0nxl

epy0nxl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

the game is just very poorly optimized. Not sure why the'd have this kind of issue.

There isn't a internet lag for me, just graphic lag. Which is not welcome :(

Regardless the sunlight effect disabled really did boost the FPS. Which is strange cause I don't see a difference with it on! lol

Well at least I can boost up view distance again.

Thanks!

#38 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'm also getting choppy gameplay but my frames are locked at 30 so I'm led to believe it's server sided.

...graphics are rendered client side, not at the server.

<p>From what I've gathered from people it seems to mainly be an nvidia problem.

Nope, had problems with Radeon 5750 and Intel HD 4000. Disabling sunlight fixed both of them, though.

#39 AeroKitsune

AeroKitsune

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

I was getting some FPS drop yesterday ( playing on a HP Pavilion dv7). After fiddling with stuff for awhile, it works best for me by turning the shadows/sunlight effects all the way off - haven't had frame drops yet.

Edited by AeroKitsune, 03 May 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#40 aidosama

aidosama

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

Ragnraok is currently unplayable for me. FPS is about 3-5, lagging not only in game but also during cutscenes. Disabling any of the options mentioned here didn't help either.

my specs

6950 Radeon HD Crossfirex
8GB ram
Win7 64 bit

Edited by aidosama, 04 May 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#41 Kazuhi

Kazuhi

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I reinstalled Ragnarok 2 like mora than 3 times and nothing happened. Always FPS are like 10-30. My PC is: Intel Pentium Dual Core 2,5 GHz, 3GB Ram and GeForce 9800 GT 1GB so I don't think it's my PC fault. Turning off Sunlight Effects didn't help too. I really sad that I can't play it normally.

#42 millea

millea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

I'm having those exact same issues. The game has been running very smoothly to me, then all of a sudden the FPS dropped to practically zero - seemingly for no reason. I treid reinstalling the game, but it helped only for a short period of time. This morning, the issue has come back in full force. I tried all of the suggestions posted before, but to no avail.

Also, I played the SEA version extensively, and not a single time have I run into those issues. How strange.

Edited by millea, 04 May 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#43 NEEThime

NEEThime

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I have the same issue with fps dropping drastically in game and I was hoping that I wasn't the only one affected by this. SEA never had a problem with FPS and I not I just think it's just a server problem. Hopefully it gets optimized pretty quickly. :/

#44 isichan

isichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe Historical Sakray Museum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

I'm having those exact same issues. The game has been running very smoothly to me, then all of a sudden the FPS dropped to practically zero - seemingly for no reason. I treid reinstalling the game, but it helped only for a short period of time. This morning, the issue has come back in full force. I tried all of the suggestions posted before, but to no avail.

Also, I played the SEA version extensively, and not a single time have I run into those issues. How strange.

The exact situation here, too. This PC can handle most games on ultra/high graphics with no problem and my husband just put even more RAM in last night.

I've been playing since the game was in beta and then when it went live. The game has been smooth with no flaws till all of a sudden this morning my character avatar could hardly move. When I quit the game and went to the login screen, the framerate was still terrible.

Not sure what changed.

#45 JTeKu

JTeKu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

No point in stating you can run other games in ultra. Every modern PC should have no problem playing this game, we all know it's not your PC. Just wait patiently for their permanent fix. As far as I know the best temporary fix is to just re-install the game.

#46 Kula

Kula

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

i5-2450M 2.50GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M
6gb ram

I can run Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 perfectly fine yet I'm getting 5-20 fps on this game. Please find a permanent solution to this problem Gravity.

#47 thegir

thegir

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

All these "solutions" seem to be coincidence I think you guys really need to look at processes running (in your task manager) and see what's eating up CPU cycles. I'm going to guess it's most likely Windows Defender or some other sort of anti-virus/anti-malware program running a scan on RO2 for some reason.

I say coincidence because eventually the scan stops and your game returns to normal while you've been messing around with settings or looking for solutions.

#48 Madoenz

Madoenz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Have you guys tried to disable the visual themes and desktop composition on Rag2.exe? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with nvidia graphic card, and it seems to boost the FPS. You know, Rag2.exe is located in ~\Gravity\Ragnarok Online II\SHIPPING
Spoiler

#49 Leaon

Leaon

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Have you guys tried to disable the visual themes and desktop composition on Rag2.exe? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with nvidia graphic card, and it seems to boost the FPS. You know, Rag2.exe is located in ~\Gravity\Ragnarok Online II\SHIPPING

Spoiler

Boost as in passing 30 FPS or just staying at 30 consistently. Only reason why Im saying 30 cause apparently thats how high it can go.

#50 JTeKu

JTeKu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

No, 30 isn't the highest it goes. I'm using MSI Afterburner to see my fps and I get constant 50+ fps while questing on non-populated channel.

Edited by JTeKu, 04 May 2013 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users