Few suggestions for share - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Few suggestions for share

8 replies to this topic

#1 Hamashiku

Hamashiku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Hi all, I got a few suggestions in mind :), so here they are:

About the buildings: How about the devs to make not all, but most of them like houses in villages and some more buildings in Prontera and Alberta to be used for something, like for simple npcs and merchant npcs and so on, other npcs that could be doing something in the house, for example is sweeping the floor with a broom. Also some houses could be used for inn and innkeeper npcs. Inside the buildings could be decorated with cool furnitures, cuz most of the buildings look as if they were put for the show only, and will be more interesting if we can get inside them. Some of the houses could have doors that we can open in order to get inside, and when the door is opening it could have a creaking sound.

About the mobs that have mana, they never use it, I mean when they use their skills like a fireball for example it should take from their mana.

About the Auction house, it needs more improvements to let the user search with more details like for what class/race and it should be letting us search with non-capital letters as well.

While my character is inactive for longer than 10 minutes I think it should have afk indication above his head, and when he becomes afk he could sit.

The merchants should have icons above their heads which indicates that he/she is a merchant npc, so that people will not confuse them with the regular npcs. And about the storage npcs they too should have special icon on their heads so that people will know that this npc is for storage. Same for any special npc that is used for something they should have special icons too.

If a bound item was equipped, how about having some kind of effect, like a lightning or something that falls on the character for a few seconds with cool sound effect. And if you use an enchanting item that enchances the armor or your weapon could also use a cool sound and visual effect that when an item or armor is enchanced it could be glowing around the character while the effect of the enchatment lasts for 30 minutes.

About the guild, when making a guild it can be made, to let you choose from many tabards which would you like your guild to have. So when a player joins your guild he/she will be equipped with the tabard of your guild.

When right clicking on an item name in chat window it shouldn't give menu like been able to whisper to it lol, cuz that seems not normal.

About experience points, why not to make it as small floating text from the left side of the character that shows the exp you get when killing mobs or completing quests, same for the rupee or gold, when you get rupee or gold from quest or a drop from a mob to be showing up as small floating text from the right side of the character saying like 50Rupee or 8Zeny for example.

The flying transportation npcs should be discoverable, I mean when you get in a new zone and talk to such npc it should not have available the next flying paths in this zone until you have them discovered. And when you have discovered a new flying transportation npc it could play a short sound effect and to give some experience points.

The post signs could be used for directions, and not just to be put there, I mean you could have made them when you hover the mouse arrow on a post sign to show up the name of the area that is in the direction in which the sign is pointing at.

The cows and sheeps which are found in places like Bouquet Town could have been made to do the regular moo and baa sounds, and not just to stay silent, this will add some more life to the world of the game. Posted Image Also about the cows that are in Bouquet Village could have near them an npc that could be a female farmer that takes from somewhere a bucket and goes to fill it with milk, by putting the bucket under one of the cows and then the bucket to suddenly get filled with milk and the female farmer npc could take each filled with milk bucket to another place, and this could be repeated all the time, so that there is something interesting happening in this village. xD And while the farmer npc is working could be saying something in chat bubble "So much work to do"and sometimes "So many cows", you know random things. Posted Image The farmer npc could also be sitting on a chair from time to time as if it takes some rest and then it continues to do its work. Posted Image

When using a potion while the health and mana is full it should not be allowed, cuz by mistake you could use it for nothing, so when trying to use the mana or hp potion while the health and mana is full it should not allow it and should say "your health is already full" same for mana.

The tents in Haven of Valkyrie (East Mt. Mjollnir) are a bit buggy, when getting inside them and then I can get out of them through their walls, even the mobs outside can see me through the walls of the tents, how about implementing a LoS system (line of sight) which will stop mobs from seeing the player through the wall.

You could have added some better sound effects for equipping/unequipping a weapon on character, when a weapon is equipped/unequipped for example to have a different special sound effect for each weapon like for sword, mace, bow and other weapons it will give more realism to the weapon equipping/unequipping sound.

When in water I can jump, but only if I have the camera set towards the sky, how about making it to be able to jump inside the water without having to set the camera in a special position, cuz it's kind of buggy right now.

How about when talking to npc and the player's character to turn towards that npc, and to do for a few seconds some kind of hands gesture as if your character is talking to the npc, cuz right now it looks a bit simple when talking to an npc and your character does not react somehow.

There should be a short crisp melody sound when completing a quest, cuz it will add some better feeling to it when a player is turning in a quest. Also if possible please add one more sound effect for leveling alarm, that could sound a bit more mature something like a cool bass sound from a drum maybe. So that players can choose from two types of leveling alarm.

There is no sound effect for moving items and spells to actionbar, the devs should add sound effects for picking an item and placing an item in the backpack with left mouse button, and same for spells when picking them and adding them to actionbar to have their sound effects, so that it won't feel so simple.

About the mounts, you could add an unmounting sound that can be heard when you unmount, and when falling from high while mounted would be cool to hear how the mount is screaming from the pain it felt when falling on the ground, it will give it more realism.

Please add a message indicator for low durability, when an equipment that your character is wearing and has low durability to show on the screen a repetitive message in red color on every few seconds that is saying "Durability low, Repair your equipment". So that the player is notified if one of his armor is with very low durability.

While exploring the world of the game, what I noticed is that there are no npcs that could be walking on the roads, so how about adding some npcs like a small group of guard npcs on horses and on foot marching on some roads and they could be saying some things with voice acting, you could add two drunken npcs that are singing with their drunken voices while walking on the road in the starting zone, this will make it look a bit funny Posted Image,

When using the butterfly wing, it should have a cast time, cuz if by mistake someone right-click it he will be instantly moved to its location, but with cast time he could move his character and interrupt the teleporting, same for items that warp you to another location. Also when using the butterfly wing, it could use a sound effect same for the other warp items. And should have been done when right-clicking while dragging an item outside of the backpack to send it back to its place.

The sound of the peco peco mount could use improvement, cuz the footsteps is bit annoying, I don't know how other players like it, but for example the devs could make it to sound a bit different, cuz right now it sounds as if my peco is walking on a cylinder while is walking on the grass.

The camera behind my character is looking bad when it gets near my character, I can see through him, while it could have been done to not show my character when camera gets too near the character, or the he could look tranaparent for example. Here is how it looks like: Posted Image

When repairing your equipment, it could use a sound effect so it could sound as if someone is hitting with hammer on anvil for example.

I find annoying that I have to hit escape button to deselect a target, I'd prefer to click anywhere with left mouse button in order to deselect the target, the devs could put an option in game settings that will be called "Left click to deselect".

Also having a day/night cycle would be much better, cuz when playing long time in Ragnarok 2 I start to get the feeling that there should be 2 hours day and 2 hours night this way you can feel how the time is passing while playing, cuz only day feels as if the time has stopped. Plus having day/night cycles could have a special sound effect for when it soon gonna pass from night to day it can play a short -_-crow background sound. But while is night the background sound could change like instead of birds singing, it could be the cricket night sounds and the owl night sound. Also at night, wherever it has lamps, they would turn on and light up around.

There should be HP bar in the target floating window so we can easily see who has less or more hp when pointing a target with the mouse arrow like on this screenshot: Posted Image And when the hp of your character is low it could play a repetitive warning sound so that it lets the player know that he has low hp, in case that the player is not looking at his hp while in battle. :)

About the party, would be nice when in party with other players, the members of this party to have a special icon above their heads, so that people will know who is from their party and the party leader to have a different type of icon, but those icons to not be visible to players outside of this party, so that only those who are in the party will see this icon. Also make the icons small so that it won't annoy people, and put it as setting in game options, in case someone who don't like it to turn it off.

Well those were the suggestions I had in my mind. :)

Edited by Hamashiku, 06 May 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#2 lamak666

lamak666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBLR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

I got a few suggestions too:Need to re-made voices (and some bgm's like prontera) so they can fit person who talk to you.
Add LONG haircut(in different versions) for exemple haircut like on my Signature.

#3 Hamashiku

Hamashiku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Good idea about the bg music in prontera, they could indeed put something better, like for example this older bg music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRXGbXSKlo&list=FL26sB5nNUpETr3esWg690EA&index=8

And after the bg music has finished it could stay for a minute or two without the bg music and while there is no music it could have an ambient sound like birds singing and crowd talking sounds plus some wind and tree sounds. :D

I think they should put and different bg music in each village as well, so that it will be different from the rest of the zone and it will give diffrent feelings when going from wilderness into a village, like in Bouquet village they could put some cool scottish bagpipe music with some piano sounds and in Izlude village they could put this music for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXBTFQgAzI&list=FL26sB5nNUpETr3esWg690EA I think it will suit well with Izlude Village such music. :) If the author of this music don't mind to use it in RO2. About the music of West mt mjolnir, it's great but it gets annoying, cuz you used the same music in East mt mjolnir, if possible make a different bg music for East mt mjolnir, so that it won't get repetitive.

And when entering in village or other sub-zones it should have a floating name for a few seconds, that is the name of the place in which we enter like on this screenshot: Posted Image This way it will let the player know in what region he is going. And depending of the name of the sub-region it should be displayed under the minimap, cuz it always show the name of the zone.

Edited by Hamashiku, 03 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#4 oen13

oen13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

You can replace the bgm in the RO2 folder with some other music...

#5 Terojo

Terojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

I got a few suggestions too:Need to re-made voices (and some bgm's like prontera) so they can fit person who talk to you.
Add LONG haircut(in different versions) for exemple haircut like on my Signature.

^This.

#6 Minicakex

Minicakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Should post this in: Suggestion Forum

#7 Hamashiku

Hamashiku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Yea, but when I posted it there was no suggestion forum yet, they should move it there. :)

#8 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I personally think this game needs to be brighter.
Why does it look so dull even at sunniest of places.
[Izlude and Prontera.] I have my PC set on the brightest atm and it's soooo meh.
It feels outdated so yeah. D:

#9 Tamashiimizu

Tamashiimizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

A lot of awesome suggestions! I only disagree with the warning sound from low Hp, it could be annoying. The HP could glow a red light instead. Or even the sides of the screen.

Also, the butterfly wing could have a animation while casting, like some butterfly wings appearing in the character's back.

And i think that it would be interesting (not a serious suggestion, just a point) if some town's background music could be some remix from RO1 bgm, to add some nostalgia while playing, since a lot of people, including me, play the game for nostalgia sake too.

And one thing i love in RO2 is the sky, so I would love to see the changes in the sky, like some stars, constellations (in a night sky) or even bifrost (the rainbow that leads to Asgard), and why not, in some high places the distant figure of Yggdrasil tree? I think the game needs to be more lively, more dynamic. The game offers a lot of potential, and it need's to be explored..

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users