17 replies to this topic

#1 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

I've just found an insane lag bug. It causes stuff to load slowly (such stuff as pictures, textures, models, NPCs, etc). It started when I walked on some spot behind Tree of Prayers, then everything were going insane slowly like 1 frame per 3 seconds!
Now I can't play the game anymore, it lags even on log in screen. I hadn't such problems before.

#2 Santarina

Santarina

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

yea I got too suddenly so lag

#3 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Did any of CMs read this?

#4 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I have the same problem. I have a good computer, but even the log in screen runs at 2 fps now. The game is unplayable.

#5 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

This happened to me in beta all the time, and not even restarting my comp worked. SeaRO at the very same time ran smooth, so it should be possible to fix this. A few times, it helped me to shut down my flashplayer plugin. Other times, only waiting until it's over helped, once I couldn't play for 24hours though... Right now it happened again to me, can't play since then.

#6 Santarina

Santarina

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I solve lag issue by uninstall RO2 and remove all RO2 folder.

#7 Minaring

Minaring

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have been facing this problem too. I am not 100% sure what the cause is but when I disabled Windows Defender the game ran normal again.

#8 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've just reinstalled game and it helped fixing the lag, but I got new problems. The launcher patching doesn't work properly it stops at 00000017.RTP while patching and update and then comes error pop-up: ERROR_CALLBACK: Patch Fail and one more pop-up: Failed Patch Binding.
Anyway after those error I can still launch the game.

#9 JTeKu

JTeKu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

You can fix this issue by re-installing the game, hopefully they will find permanent fix for this soon.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Please take a screenshot if you are able and send a ticket to the GM Team through the ticket system. There is a link in my sig to get to the ticket tool. The GM Team focuses on responses through the ticket system so that is the best place to seek help for this issue!

#11 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Reinstalling the game just fixed the problem temporary. now i have that insane lag problem again, and reinstalling the game second time.

#12 Meteloides

Meteloides

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm getting serious lag, too. I turned down my graphics settings, closed potentially-interfering programs, and it still takes hammering on the keyboard or mouse to get the game to register that I want to move, or attack, or talk to someone. It's really, really frustrating. It's not like my computer is old, either, I just got it last summer and updated my graphics drivers today. What gives, CMs? Is it still the attack, or what?

#13 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

OK, so it just happened again to me, and even after a restart of the client and then a restart of my computer, the game was still laggy.Then in the character select screen, I went to options and unchecked the outfocusing, shadow and sunlight effects and the normal frame rate returned. When I got into game, I re-checked those options, and still had no lag. Hope that can help someone else.

Also, when it happened, I had the Khara window open and someone used a skill behind me. Not really a good repro step, but it's a start.

#14 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yesterday after 5hours found a party for hell of deadly poison. The moment we enter, the game client crashed down and they made a 7hour maintenance. Today after 5 hours I found a party, at portal the game crashed, login issue, get replaced in the meantime. After a while, item drops started bugging. And after that, game client was reset again. And then, after I found a party for the third time finally, the FPS crash bashed in - right in time. I don't know by whom but I definately feel trolled. Really got enough of al the trouble for now.

#15 EternityWaits

EternityWaits

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBellmawr, NJ
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Was able to play the game just fine for a long while, all of a sudden I started to get some extreme FPS issues yesterday. I logged and then re-logged hoping it would sort the issue out, but it did not. I just closed out, thinking it was an issue with too many people playing at one time. Now, I just spent the day playing online games, and everything ran just fine at max settings with all those games (which are much more graphic intensive, in my opinion), and then tried to re-log into RO2. The Login screen is having severe FPS issues, to the point where I cannot even log in at all. It took FOREVER to install the game and download the files, and I'd really rather not have to do that all over again.
Is there some sort of hot fix, or alternate way of addressing this FPS issue?

#16 SpartacusX

SpartacusX

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Disabling Microsoft Security Essentials fixed it instantly for me. No idea why it would randomly just start after 3 days of playing.

For those of you on Windows 7, if you are running Microsoft Security Essentials; open it, click Settings, Real-time protection and untick Turn on real-time protection (recommended).

If anyone is on Windows 8 and getting this, go to Control Panel > Windows Defender and do the above steps.

If you are getting this issue and using another Anti-Virus, try disabling it and seeing if it fixes your frame rate.

#17 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Disabling Microsoft Security Essentials fixed it instantly for me. No idea why it would randomly just start after 3 days of playing.

For those of you on Windows 7, if you are running Microsoft Security Essentials; open it, click Settings, Real-time protection and untick Turn on real-time protection (recommended).

If anyone is on Windows 8 and getting this, go to Control Panel > Windows Defender and do the above steps.

If you are getting this issue and using another Anti-Virus, try disabling it and seeing if it fixes your frame rate.

You do realise that turning off real-time protection puts your computer in risk? Turning off the security system isn't the solution, and the developers should fix the problem.

#18 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't know why anyone would use Microsoft Security Essentials as protection for their system. Its crap.

My brother had this problem, I disabled his Microcrap Security Essentials real time protection and all was well.
I'm gonna have him buy the same protection I have - ESET

Edited by Kalandros, 06 May 2013 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users