Do people buy buff foods?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

They look good so I would assume people probably buy it later on which sell for the best if anyone knows about sea or something

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've always had trouble selling food on other 3D MMOs I've played. I don't know how much of a difference stat food makes on characters here.

Regardless, no harm in trying anyhow.

#3 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I've been trying to figure this out myself, but I can't seem to get the prices right. Not sure what people want to pay for this stuff. Usually I just calculate the cost of sauce and add a small service fee. When I was selling the foods that buff by 3 I went 90 rupee a piece and they sold fairly well. Now I'm in Izlude selling foods that buff by 6.

#4 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I would buy them if I saw them, they come in handy when taking on a boss you shouldn't be.

Edited by Theoretical, 03 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#5 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

For people who solo quest, the damage food might sell pretty well. Tanks might buy defense food, healers might buy crit food, but that's mostly for groups. Everyone can use DPS food for solo leveling. Later on (level 15+) people will NEED restorative food to level, and that might be a good thing to sell in addition to buff foods.

Haven't bothered trying to sell the dodge or block food. It's a chance-based thing, and probably not all that reliable. But then again, I don't play an AGI or shield class.

#6 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I've been trying to sell level 18-25ish foods. Both Buff and restorative. People don't seem to interested in our foods which saddens me. I think they are really useful. I recently unlocked a restorative food that restores 46 HP and 26 SP per 1-2 seconds. In my eyes that is awesome. Sure you can't use it during combat, but there is always before and after. Most of my buff foods are currently around the 6 increase area. Haven't hit +9 yet. I think people will be more inclined to use the +25 ones later on.

IF YOU ARE EVER LOOKING FOR GOOD FOODS. I HAVE SHOP OPEN IN MY FREE TIME IN IZLUDE TOWN (CHANNELS 1-5). "IROH'S KITCHEN"

Edited by zdhayman, 05 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#7 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Just gonna add back to this thread because I recently saw a vendor selling Peco crit buff foods for like 4g for 5 of them(i think it was) so I whispered them asking if it sold and they said yes

I did a vendor and put soem stuff up and got about 30g so it does seem like buff foods sell and SP foods sold pretty good for me too

Going to try and sell +9 crits soon but no clue how much to put it for

Also is +4 attack increase good? it seems like such a low stat

I've been trying to sell level 18-25ish foods. Both Buff and restorative. People don't seem to interested in our foods which saddens me. I think they are really useful. I recently unlocked a restorative food that restores 46 HP and 26 SP per 1-2 seconds. In my eyes that is awesome. Sure you can't use it during combat, but there is always before and after. Most of my buff foods are currently around the 6 increase area. Haven't hit +9 yet. I think people will be more inclined to use the +25 ones later on.

IF YOU ARE EVER LOOKING FOR GOOD FOODS. I HAVE SHOP OPEN IN MY FREE TIME IN IZLUDE TOWN (CHANNELS 1-5). "IROH'S KITCHEN"

Hm yeah it is good however I believe that my SP restore ones sold but the HP + SP restore ones did not

I just hit the +9 crit stuff recently but the other day I sold +6 crits(was doing 5 stacks for about 3.5g or 4g and I sold about 5-6 stacks)

Yeah I am sure the +25s will sell for a good amount

Edited by Jonss, 05 May 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#8 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

I buy food, because I am a hungry hungry bear. ;P

Edited by ODKN, 05 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#9 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'll trying selling my +6 crit foods. The main ones I try to sell are +6 defense, +6 magical and physical attack, +6 dodge and the restorative 46 hp 26 sp one.

#10 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

I just hit the +9 crit stuff recently but the other day I sold +6 crits(was doing 5 stacks for about 3.5g or 4g and I sold about 5-6 stacks)

Where do you usually sell. Town? Channel?

#11 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Where do you usually sell. Town? Channel?

I believe it is Izlude town(right after wolf cave place) channel 1 maybe about 5-7 steps away from the Khara teleport

I have only opened my shop once but the person I messaged said theirs sells every time they open it and afk for a while

when I log off later I'm going to try and put my +9 crits up for a pretty high price just to see if they sell and see if they do ill try to remember to post how much i sold em for

Also do you know how the "attack increase" buff foods work? I have some +4s but I dont know if they are even worth anything because i dont know what they mean by attack

Edited by Jonss, 05 May 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#12 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I believe it is Izlude town(right after wolf cave place) channel 1 maybe about 5-7 steps away from the Khara teleport

I have only opened my shop once but the person I messaged said theirs sells every time they open it and afk for a while

when I log off later I'm going to try and put my +9 crits up for a pretty high price just to see if they sell and see if they do ill try to remember to post how much i sold em for

Also do you know how the "attack increase" buff foods work? I have some +4s but I dont know if they are even worth anything because i dont know what they mean by attack

Okay sounds good. I think my problem was prices. I was selling stacks of 5 +6 buff foods for 5 zeny. I guess 1 zeny a piece is overpriced :P

When you try selling your +9 you could try selling a stack for a higher price then another stack for a lower price(as low as your comfortable with) and see what sells. Just an idea. ;)

I would imagine they literally add +4 to your physical/magic attack(which can be seen by bringing up your character window "C"). Don't quote me. I'll try to remember to test this later and let ya know.

EDIT: I just tried it with Omega Vitamin. It just increased my attack/magic attack by +6

Edited by zdhayman, 05 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#13 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Okay sounds good. I think my problem was prices. I was selling stacks of 5 +6 buff foods for 5 zeny. I guess 1 zeny a piece is overpriced :P

When you try selling your +9 you could try selling a stack for a higher price then another stack for a lower price(as low as your comfortable with) and see what sells. Just an idea. ;)

I would imagine they literally add +4 to your physical/magic attack(which can be seen by bringing up your character window "C"). Don't quote me. I'll try to remember to test this later and let ya know.

EDIT: I just tried it with Omega Vitamin. It just increased my attack/magic attack by +6

Yeah I was selling the 5 stacks of crits for around 4 gold when i sold them

Yeah I think i will do that

Hmm well I know there is one that adds phys and mag attack then theres increases attack. I'll test it when I go on

Ok just tested the Omega(+6 phys m dmg) and the attack increase of 4

no buffs:

Attack power:18
attack speed 1.60
magic power: 346

with omega(+6 phys and m dmg):

atk power 24
attack speed 1.60
m power 352

with the +4 attack increase:

Attack power 27
attack speed 4.00
M power 355

i can see that selling good

im still very new and figuring this stuff out so if anyone has any ideas/questions that you are wondering about i can try to help IGN = Jon

Edited by Jonss, 05 May 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#14 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

"Attack Increase of 4." I assume you're talking about the Fried Million Mushrooms? The description does seem a bit erroneous.

The item says this in its mouseover description:
Posted Image

However, after eating the food, this is what the buff appears to give me:
Posted Image

+9 Physical damage
+9 Magical damage

I'm a Monk, in case combat profession matters for this. Does it indeed have a hidden attack speed increase, though, that the Omega Vitamin doesn't? I'll screenshot it next time I use one.

EDIT: No attack speed increase. Took screenies.

Before shrooms, and after shrooms:

Posted Image Posted Image

Only thing it gave me was the 9 attack power and 9 magic power. That's still quite a bit though, for a low level food. Description on the item needs to be updated, however.

Edited by Zeniachan, 06 May 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#15 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

I can't see lower level items selling well because there are many chefs in game, but the rare recipe items for end-game will sell much better. I craft them just to level my profession and pass them to guild members as needed until I can make the good stuff. It's expensive and time consuming, but at least I'm not paying hundreds upon hundreds of zeny to learn regular recipes like blacksmiths and artisans.

#16 Volmise

Volmise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEterna Forest

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Selling lower level foods is by no means a way to rake in much money, but if you have extras and are planning on idling in town anyways, it doesn't hurt to throw up a shop and see what sells.

I can attest to this working, but yeah, like above, the higher level foods will definitely sell a bit better. Questing and item drops begin giving more zeny, so people will be a bit less stingy and more willing to buy buffing items. Especially when it begins making a difference in their DPS/dodge/whathaveyou.

#17 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yes, I completely agree. If you can focus on foods that crit you might sell a lot because a majority of characters want to increase their crit rate (based entirely on my own experience) and regen foods help also, but those are still drops in the game. You can't compete with what is free.

#18 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Your money maker will be two specific products:
Soul Shifting Barbeque and Stomach Meat Roll.

I don't know what they're called here but those foods salivate the masses.

#19 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Selling lower level foods is by no means a way to rake in much money, but if you have extras and are planning on idling in town anyways, it doesn't hurt to throw up a shop and see what sells.

I can attest to this working, but yeah, like above, the higher level foods will definitely sell a bit better. Questing and item drops begin giving more zeny, so people will be a bit less stingy and more willing to buy buffing items. Especially when it begins making a difference in their DPS/dodge/whathaveyou.

Yeah that is what i do

Yes, I completely agree. If you can focus on foods that crit you might sell a lot because a majority of characters want to increase their crit rate (based entirely on my own experience) and regen foods help also, but those are still drops in the game. You can't compete with what is free.

true that

Your money maker will be two specific products:
Soul Shifting Barbeque and Stomach Meat Roll.

I don't know what they're called here but those foods salivate the masses.

hm i googled them and they are +45 I dont recall seeing anything higher than +25 in my chef experts shop(havent looked in a while)

will i have to find a recipe like blacksmiths do? how do you go about finding the recipe(not like im anywhere near being able to im just wondering if its from bosses or monsters or something)

also about how much do they go for in other versions if u know?

Edited by Jonss, 06 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#20 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

hm i googled them and they are +45 I dont recall seeing anything higher than +25 in my chef experts shop(havent looked in a while)

will i have to find a recipe like blacksmiths do? how do you go about finding the recipe(not like im anywhere near being able to im just wondering if its from bosses or monsters or something)

also about how much do they go for in other versions if u know?

There are recipes that are monster drops. You have to kill a lot of monsters to get the drops, but they are worth it.

#21 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

There are recipes that are monster drops. You have to kill a lot of monsters to get the drops, but they are worth it.

thats pretty cool also is it certain monsters or just random? at the way way high levels or could lower levels drop em if ya know

hmm looking at this site and it says it drops from nothing
http://www.gaming-ba...omach-meat-roll

#22 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

^ That site is an incomplete project as of now. The drop info isn`t verified and anyone could edit it anytime. I myself have contributed info there.

Anyhow, those recipees come from Hard Dungeons or Baphomet Garden mobs.

The price per unit of stomach meat roll is no joke.

#23 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

^ That site is an incomplete project as of now. The drop info isn`t verified and anyone could edit it anytime. I myself have contributed info there.

Anyhow, those recipees come from Hard Dungeons or Baphomet Garden mobs.

The price per unit of stomach meat roll is no joke.

Gotcha thanks

any idea around how much?

#24 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

I make and sell Stomach Meat Roll in SEA Server(Einherjar).

They went from 80z for 5 to close to 300z per 5 due to inflation. Im sure its gone higher since my leave.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 07 May 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#25 zdhayman

zdhayman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

I make and sell Stomach Meat Roll in SEA Server(Einherjar).

They went from 80z for 5 to close to 300z per 5 due to inflation. Im sure its gone higher since my leave.

I really hope inflation doesn't get that high on the NA server.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users