• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

And you are kinda forgetting the point that a Dragoon can tank nearly anything since they have the highest defense and HP in the game. SO yeah other than Paris they can kinda just sit there and spam skills. But whatever.

I'll concede for now. I plan on getting my Myrm to and Overlord and making a Dragoon.

Again, this is how much you invest into your equipment. If it's just average, you're NOT going to be able to stand and tank bone dragon. You're going to need to cake spam for it, or have a healer. Most PvPers don't really care about PvE as much... and those that focus on PvE... I believe that they focus more on improving their weapons, and just getting armor to an average refinement/cheap refinement.

Of course if you're just talking about arkah, pyth, etc... then sure, why not. Although their hp might be low enough for the Overlord's burst to beat the Dragoon's constant stream of damage.

#27 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Against endgame bosses yes, an Overlord would be better. But I am talking about both classes as a whole in every aspect. Not just one or two. But anyway, I've already stated what I want. I'm not trying to dis Myrms/OL (I am one at heart; a Harlequin too)

#28 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

sooooo, scale of 1-10 paladin hits like (8) for PvE, (4) for bosses, (8) for pvp? and myrm is like (8) PvE, (9) bosses, and (6) PvP? around that generally? cuz if this is the case then maybe myrm is right for me? but maybe ill make both? how do myrm and ninja/assassin compare?

Edited by Trickster, 21 October 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#29 MeloMew

MeloMew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • LocationDemonweb Pits

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

WALL OF BORING TECHNICAL CRAP INCOMING

All skills listed are maximum possible damage (excluding level 10 skills). This means the damage you see is the total damage if all hits connect (to the bet of my Knowledge)

FOR REFERENCE

Dragoon

Spear Jab
450% + 1300 5sCD (3 sCD with Time Reverse)

Spin it Bear!
650% 5sCD (3sCD with Time Reverse)

Cross Cut
1020% + 1600 (3sCD with Time Reverse)

Rolling Ground
1755% 6sCD (4sCD with Time Reverse)

Acending Dragon
1700% 15sCD (12sCD with Time Reverse)

Dragon Dive
2240% 15sCD (12sCD with Time Reverse)

THE FOLLOWING ARE COMPARISONS BETWEEN OVERLORD AND DRAGOON SKILLS

Wyvern
650% + 5500 10sCD
Possible Dragoon Skills
Spear Jab x2: 800% + 2600
Spin it bear! x2: 1300%
Cross Cut x2: 2040% + 3200
Rolling Ground x2: 3510 (ALMOST. It comes to two 12 seconds)

IF TIME REVRSE IS USED
Rolling Ground x2: 3510
Any 3 Cobinations of teh examples given under Wvyern Blade (except Rolling Ground). You do that math on that one. But it ends up being a whole damn LOT.

Gust Slash
780% + 1860 10sCD
See Wyvern

Raising Storm
2800% + 7200 30sCD (it hits 8 times Max I think and good luck gettign that many hits on a moving target)
Yipe. Add an extra attack to any of the above combos.
Acending Dragon x2: 3400%
Dragon Dive x2: 4480%
If Time Reverse is on you have time ot add any of the main 4 skills (inlcluding Rolling Ground)

Death Stinger
240% 15sCD (I dont know how many times Death Stinger hits)
3 of Any of the Main attacks. 4 if Time reverse is Active.

Incoming Bear!
150% + 400 4sCD
Meh too low to bother with

Im Gone Bear!
640% + 664 5sCD
Same.

Now, some of this is obviously situational. An Overlord is not gonna derp around while he waits for his CD if he doesn't have to (unless he is forced too, which sometimes happens). But OVERALL a Dragoon has much higher damage potential. An Overlord may win (if barely) in a dungeon, but when it comes to bosses, the Dragoon wins by sheer quantity in her attacks. Yes Overlords have higher potential raw attack than Dragoons (or anyone else for that matter). But its not THAT much higher. I have seen Dragoons with higher attack than Overlords on IAH. And even ones who didn't could very well out-damage any of them. When you have skill that does FIVE TIMES as much damage in the CD it takes form the other classes best skill...?

I hope someone reads this I spent a lot of time on it (too much to prove a point but ask anyone who knows me, when I know I am right about something I am determined)

From all the fast cool downs I see a possible nerf in the future. :)

#30 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

sooooo, scale of 1-10 paladin hits like (8) for PvE, (4) for bosses, (8) for pvp? and myrm is like (8) PvE, (9) bosses, and (6) PvP? around that generally? cuz if this is the case then maybe myrm is right for me? but maybe ill make both? how do myrm and ninja/assassin compare?

Dragoon
Mobbing: 7.5/10
Bossing: 9/10
PvP: 999999999~/10

Overlord
Mobbing:8/10
Bossing:9/10
PvP: 7.5/10

Both are good in PvE, Dragoon wins in PvP.

#31 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

would this be a good myrm build? I think im going to start with the myrm then go for a pally later.

warrior: blow (1), cutdown (2), & stormblade (2).

gladiator: grizzly power (1), aerial blow (1), incoming bear (1), roulette (2), stumblebum (1), acceleration (1), annihilation (2), wrath of earth (2), & hp recovery (5)

myrmidon: sharpness blade (1), gust slash (5), bloody roar (1), magnum break (1), death bound (2), wyvern blade (5), raising storm (2), whirlwind (1), &
physical training (5).

Overlord: death stinger (5), demolition charge (5), awakening (1), demolition bomber (1), & wind step (5).

#32 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

would this be a good myrm build? I think im going to start with the myrm then go for a pally later.

warrior: blow (1), cutdown (2), & stormblade (2).

gladiator: grizzly power (1), aerial blow (1), incoming bear (1), roulette (2), stumblebum (1), acceleration (1), annihilation (2), wrath of earth (2), & hp recovery (5)

myrmidon: sharpness blade (1), gust slash (5), bloody roar (1), magnum break (1), death bound (2), wyvern blade (5), raising storm (2), whirlwind (1), &
physical training (5).

Overlord: death stinger (5), demolition charge (5), awakening (1), demolition bomber (1), & wind step (5).

Ick no get rid of Phys training and Wind Step fffffffffffffffff.

#33 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Ick no get rid of Phys training and Wind Step fffffffffffffffff.

why is phys train bad? 25% of max hp and regen 100 sounds good. 25% of 3k is 750hp right there! wind step i can understand (i just thought filling some sp in that was reasonable). Should i take out the sp from windstep and put it in whirlwind and raising storm?

#34 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

why is phys train bad? 25% of max hp and regen 100 sounds good. 25% of 3k is 750hp right there! wind step i can understand (i just thought filling some sp in that was reasonable). Should i take out the sp from windstep and put it in whirlwind and raising storm?

Put those points in Raising Storm it will be of much more use. The extra HP isn't as much as it looks. You dont need massive amounts of HP in PvE anyway unless you like to solo Aram or something), and you can get more than enough with health gear. The HP boost also doesn't multiply in PvP. And HP Regen is nearly useless (all regen stats are). You dont need Wrath of Earth (even though it might get buffed later its still not great) and thus dont need Annihilation or Acceleration. And you dont need Bloody Roar for PvE. Sharpness Blade is a toss up. It used ot be decent since its a raw 420 attack added, but after the warrior buffs it may not be needed anymore. Its up to you. Deathbound is best at level 3 for the midair launch.

Wind Step wont be overly useful for PvE. I mean increased speed is nice but...you dont really need it in PvE :\

#35 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

Put those points in Raising Storm it will be of much more use. The extra HP isn't as much as it looks. You dont need massive amounts of HP in PvE anyway unless you like to solo Aram or something), and you can get more than enough with health gear. The HP boost also doesn't multiply in PvP. And HP Regen is nearly useless (all regen stats are). You dont need Wrath of Earth (even though it might get buffed later its still not great) and thus dont need Annihilation or Acceleration. And you dont need Bloody Roar for PvE. Sharpness Blade is a toss up. It used ot be decent since its a raw 420 attack added, but after the warrior buffs it may not be needed anymore. Its up to you. Deathbound is best at level 3 for the midair launch.

Wind Step wont be overly useful for PvE. I mean increased speed is nice but...you dont really need it in PvE :\

so what exactly am i supposed to put all this spare sp into? roulette? stumblebum(does it still stun?)? raising storm? whirlwind?

#36 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

so what exactly am i supposed to put all this spare sp into? roulette? stumblebum(does it still stun?)? raising storm? whirlwind?

Raising Storm and Roulette/Gamble. the Kicing Bro skill is decent for damage (my brain hurts atm I cant remember the name)

#37 DirtyClaw

DirtyClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

http://image-storage...115005515005000

PvE focused build with most of the PvP skills. Drop some points in death stinger for sword dance for a more PvP orientated build. Honestly you can PvE just as well with a PvP build.

Deathbound relaunches at level 4.

#38 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

http://image-storage.co.uk/nicco/dsim/?1_70_1_115001110511131355000015115115005515005000

PvE focused build with most of the PvP skills. Drop some points in death stinger for sword dance for a more PvP orientated build. Honestly you can PvE just as well with a PvP build.

ApeKing approves of this. Though I never max Stumble.

Edited by ApeKing, 22 October 2010 - 12:21 AM.

#39 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

I cant wait to make mehself a sexy myrm! :)

#40 Trickster

Trickster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

http://image-storage.co.uk/nicco/dsim/?1_70_1_115001110511131355000015115115005515005000

the link was broken for me. lemme try firefox.

edit: ya it worked with fire. ty!

Edited by Trickster, 22 October 2010 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users