• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

So where exactly is a merchant at job level 15 supposed to get 7 pearls from? Back in the old days, you could easily find people who would sell you these things, or other merchants / blacksmiths / alchemists vending them in Prontera. However, in these newbie-hostile times, the merchants in Prontera rarely vend anything that costs less than 1 million a piece. Asking people directly really doesn't help either, because most characters you meet are bots anyway. The only people of whom you can be sure that they're NOT bots are the level 99 dead branch abusers south of Prontera, but if you go there and ask if anyone has any pearls, you have to be really lucky if one of them even bothers to answer you. And I need not to mention that there are NPC vendors in every town selling all kinds of rubbish, but none selling any pearls.
So there. Anyone still been able to finish the quest in recent times with a low-level merchant? Or is it best to forget the whole thing until you can take on the pearl-dropping monsters yourself?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

You are supposed to just buy them from other players with a chat, or when renewal comes, the new buying store thing. People still have them, and keep them, they just don't bother vending them because they don't sell fast enough. I've got like 250 pearls on Ymir....

One has to assume that the reason that a _MERCHANT_ quest requires items they can't reasonably obtain is that being a _MERCHANT_ they're supposed to go _BUY THEM_ from other players with zeny they made by _VENDING_. Makes perfect sense to me ;-)

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 October 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#3 Moongoddess256

Moongoddess256

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

yeah the bulk buying skill will help. I just got pearls with the character I made my merchant to fund. if you can get just 1 pearl you can use the buy skill. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to unload things that are useless to them onto you.

#4 Zopha

Zopha

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

how much is a pearl worth anyways?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

how much is a pearl worth anyways?

Around 8-15k, probably buy-shop-able for 5ish.
http://ragial.com/it...ir/HbXm5a42iFeX
http://ragial.com/it...lk/HbXm5a42iFeX
http://ragial.com/it...il/HbXm5a42iFeX

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 May 2011 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users