• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Filtiarn091

Filtiarn091

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't know if this is the right place but, I was wondering what be a better class to solo with and with would be to level with my friends. Swordsman(warrior) or thief(rogue)? Thank you

#2 Kurdah

Kurdah

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm currently playing a swordsman solo level 20, almost 21 have no issues doing quests with the right amount of pots and not pulling too many mobs, if you intend to do end game you should look at the classes more in depth than who's easier to solo level with. Haven't played thief so I can't say anything on that end. Goodluck!

#3 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Of those two options I'd pick the rogue since their self-heal move is excellent and they end up with some pretty good buffs/debuffs.

I think that sorcerer is the most effective solo class overall.

#4 Filtiarn091

Filtiarn091

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

I read about both on endgame but mostly my focus is on leveling for now , i want to lvl a character by myself as one of my friends don't play much

#5 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Honestly, you can solo with any class as long as you know how.

Swordsman is probably best for the situation due to the extra defensive abilities, and that's on both this server and the SEA servers. I made it to Warrior and all the way to level 30 solo before quitting to come here. However, Knight would probably be better for soloing as they get shields, which offers more defensive traits than just using a Greatsword.

You could as well use the Thief, though this one is probably trickier considering you're less defensive, yet more agile. Rogue will definitely give you more of an advantage in solo considering you have hiding abilities that recover HP on usage. Because of this and large numbers in agility, you should still be able to pull off a solo, maybe even better than a Knight.

Again, it all depends on how you use the class and your stat distribution.

#6 millea

millea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'd say you're much better of soloing as a Swordsman class. Thieves, for all the agility they might have, are quite fragile; most of the time, you'll have to take a break every two or three monsters, just to heal yourself up, and soloing some bosses might be very hard, considering how fast your HP drops. Swordmen are much, much more sturdy, so continuous breaks will be much less needed... and as a warrior, you'll get enough DPS for the killing to really go by fast.

#7 joh2141

joh2141

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Unfortunately, the last two posters are wrong. Of the two classes you mentioned, thief would be a better solo because of rogue class. Tankiness doesn't always factor into being a better solo class. Being a good solo class usually has to do with self-sustaining like with Sorc's and Beastmasters who can dish out decent DPS while healing at the same time to keep yourself alive. Sorc's are the best solo classes but Rogue (which comes from Thieves) have a self heal skill that comes in handy against solo mobbing; especially those unique troublesome mobs.

Like Belegnir said, you can solo with just about any class as long as you know how to effectively do it. Another reason why Thief classes are a better solo is because you can stealth and get past Aggressive Mobs to collect items you need while Swordsmen and its advancement classes cannot without aggroing. And that little item you need to loot just happens to be surrounded by like 10 Aggro mobs. Good luck using that shield.

Regardless, both classes will need to use significant amount of items to self heal with pots and food. Knights and Swordsmen class should receive less damage than thieves but thieves also do significantly more damage therefore take less damage as well due to less time spent in combat.

#8 millea

millea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Unfortunately, the last two posters are wrong. Of the two classes you mentioned, thief would be a better solo because of rogue class. Tankiness doesn't always factor into being a better solo class. Being a good solo class usually has to do with self-sustaining like with Sorc's and Beastmasters who can dish out decent DPS while healing at the same time to keep yourself alive. Sorc's are the best solo classes but Rogue (which comes from Thieves) have a self heal skill that comes in handy against solo mobbing; especially those unique troublesome mobs.

Like Belegnir said, you can solo with just about any class as long as you know how to effectively do it. Another reason why Thief classes are a better solo is because you can stealth and get past Aggressive Mobs to collect items you need while Swordsmen and its advancement classes cannot without aggroing. And that little item you need to loot just happens to be surrounded by like 10 Aggro mobs. Good luck using that shield.

Regardless, both classes will need to use significant amount of items to self heal with pots and food. Knights and Swordsmen class should receive less damage than thieves but thieves also do significantly more damage therefore take less damage as well due to less time spent in combat.

I can't really agree with you here; some of the late-game monsters, especially of the miniboss variety, dish enough damage that a Rogue, even with Gangster's Paradise up and potting like hell, will just not be able to outheal. The lenght of the combat time doesn't matter much - it's how the favours tip during it, however long it would last.

What are you also forgetting, Warriors also posess a very nice self-healing skill, which coupled with their much higher defense and nice DPS makes for a sturdy class that can definitely hold out on its own. Rogue, while awesome and very fun to play, will be a good aid to a party, exchanging extremely high DPS for heals and more defense. As a Rogue, you do want to save your money, after all you're going to need all those potions to be able to subsidize Unstable Doping for all the dungeons and raids you're going to go to.

And as for hiding... I do have to agree that it certainly gives you a nice boost during the collecting quests. However, every single of those is perfectly doable even with a class that doesn't possess this very useful skill - for every collecting quest, there IS a safe spot that lets you collect in peace.

Edited by millea, 05 May 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#9 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I can't really agree with you here; some of the late-game monsters, especially of the miniboss variety, dish enough damage that a Rogue, even with Gangster's Paradise up and potting like hell, will just not be able to outheal.

I've never seen a quest-required miniboss that a rogue couldn't solo except *maybe* Ambrosia, and Ambrosia is hell and a half or any non-ranged class. I mean obviously they're not going to be taking out Wanderer and Goblin Leader by themselves, but like, who is? (Before someone argues about this, yes I have seen people soloing Goblin Leader. But it's not average.)

As a few people have said, it is very possible to solo any class. I've personally mostly-soloed (partied for dungeons/goofing off only more or less) a priest*, an assassin, and a knight to level 50 on SEA and it wasn't overly difficult with any of those.

*I do not recommend this it is REALLY BORING.

#10 Aeosly

Aeosly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

Well im a monk at this moment and i have no problem either.
with one press of a button i can go into defense and even tank bosses without much effort.
or just dps when its called for.
but it depends on your play style =o

#11 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

I would say the rogue is the fastest solo leveling class, but it depends on how you play, how you enter your stat points and which skills you level up first. I have seen swordsmen that are sturdy and others that are very squishy. I have also seen a sorcerer tank a boss with little or no difficulty because of his build once the tank died (you know who you are and you're ridiculously OP).

Research the classes and play the one you like the best.

#12 SorcerousPhantom

SorcerousPhantom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

The vast majority of DPS Classes are somewhat self-sufficient if they have the right potions on hand.
That said, tanks usually have the easiest time enduring on their own.

#13 s1ightly

s1ightly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Slightly

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

I found a thief + alchemist to be a really effective combo for soloing. Just. Kill. EVERYTHING. >:)

#14 HTakara

HTakara

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Playing a thief type myself, it's rather annoying as to how often you need to stop to recover, dodge is such a useless stat.

#15 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

You are soooooooo   wrong.

Thief is a perfect class for PVP and soloing becouse of,  hiding, crits with Dark Illusion, high critical rate ( this depends of your build ) , stabs with Rogue and Smoke Bomb, 50% defence with Assasin and finally quick Attacks.

It's obvious that, all depends of your Build. Like they said ( above ) in this topic, you MUST know how to play.

If you try a new "noob" thief player and the FIRST skill point put it in "Dark Illusion", second and third for "Poison", until level 15 at least you are going to leveling faster even from archers and swordmans.

I prefer and I think it's of the very bests that thief's (Rogues and Assasins) with Alchemist Job are ( a little ) UNBEATABLE.

http://ro2base.com/b...310717.22310717   ****************

* If you see it please READ the DESCRIPTION.

I am sorry for my English.

English aside.. did you even realize this topic is a year old????

#16 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

525x348px-LL-bf1c3650_HolyNecroPost_7590

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users