• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk

cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Why are the Magicians so bad? My magician is so under powered it unbelievable. And i do know how to use one i played a mage in WoW for 1 year! or maybe this WoW..I mean RO2 O.o game just revolves around getting VIP for buffs and stuff.

#2 Yooji

Yooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

what makes you think that you're underpowered? You can't really compare RO with WoW. There are factors you have to consider, procs, etc. in RO1 you even had to consider the mobsize and its element, it's even easier in RO2 ..

so what's your definition of 'bad'?

Edited by Yooji, 06 May 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#3 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

Lol. I'm actually feeling pretty op. sorces two shot everything. I'm not sure what your doing. Max fire bolt, fireball, and flame seal. I soloed to 35 just fine. Respec at 25 for ice/lightning build .

#4 cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

I'm lv 11 only but i feel so weak compared to seeing swordman and even Healers kill some mobs faster than me. And the fireball % to proc is so low.
(or i guess i'm just not used to slow starting MMO's). Either way i think they suck. I will have to try other class's

I'm not trolling or raging i'm saying exactly what i think.

Lol this game is so similar to WoW, But in an anime style.

Edited by cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk, 06 May 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#5 kohppa

kohppa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Server:RO2 - Odin, Ch. 9

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Have you leveled up your skills and pumped all of your stats (up to 40 or 41 total) into INT while leveling?

Right now I'm level 18 with a maxed out fire tree and 21 (i think) INT and I'm burning through mobs like it's nothing. Before last night, I was saving all my points for my job change but I ended up putting them into the fire tree and it made a WORLD of difference in how fast I could kill stuff.

#6 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

...Healers kill some mobs faster than me.

Reroll into an Acolyte and you try leveling.

#7 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm lv 11 only but i feel so weak compared to seeing swordman and even Healers kill some mobs faster than me. And the fireball % to proc is so low.
(or i guess i'm just not used to slow starting MMO's). Either way i think they suck. I will have to try other class's

I'm not trolling or raging i'm saying exactly what i think.

Lol this game is so similar to WoW, But in an anime style.

Contact me in game, I'll show you how strong sorcerers are.

#8 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

I two shot anything my level in pvp. Frost diver jupitel thunder and spear. Pve is much the same. For 1-25 max all fire skills for faster leveling but only if you can get a skill reset scroll.

#9 cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Will do eventually

Anyway that character must have just been stupidly unlucky or something i'm a Swordsman now. And we'll love um pitty i spent cash on my Magician.

Edited by cloud.dan88@hotmail.co.uk, 06 May 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#10 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Usually you need to bear with the initial leveling until you can respec to wizard or sorc which is then the fun comes.

Still magician dps is better than acolyte, especially those aiming for FS priest. HL lvl 1 even with asperio is a nightmare...

#11 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

.. and you're level 11. *cough* *cough*

#12 notxok

notxok

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
  • Server:Odin - Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

I guess you never played RO1 or any MMO where you had to work. I remember back in the day when games were only a grind and you may have had one skill. I am an RO1 alpha veteran when you could turn into first job and have no skills. I also played a bunch of legacy MMOs like Elemental Saga and EQ1. ANYWAY, rant aside, the magician doesn't really bud until you hit your second class. Have some patience and it will pay off. End game DPS or Sorc and Wiz are amazing.

#13 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Perhaps he has some issues with cast time? you will get used to it with more practice.

#14 joh2141

joh2141

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

WTF are you talking about. Magician is weak? You do one of the most damage than other classes early. You advance into two OP classes that will ALWAYS be a "in-demand" DPS class. Wizard for DPS and Dragonology buff. Sorcs are considered OP too. Maybe Magician class just isn't your style.

#15 WatchMePlayBad

WatchMePlayBad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

This isn't WoW where every class is OP all the mobs are nerfed and every single class can heal and do insane dps. WoW is extreme easy mode.

#16 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

WTF are you talking about. Magician is weak? You do one of the most damage than other classes early. You advance into two OP classes that will ALWAYS be a "in-demand" DPS class. Wizard for DPS and Dragonology buff. Sorcs are considered OP too. Maybe Magician class just isn't your style.

Sorcs are very OP. I'm still here asking, "Why in the hell I chose Wizard over Sorc. Dayum."

#17 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

lol did t his guy actually compare this to WoW xD Also...lvl 11 and he thinks he knows whats up XD Alsox2 ..... I'm 32 Wizard/Chef within 7 days cuz.... Mages are powerful :P they just use a lot of pots. If u want easy mode without any challenge and everything given to you at lvl 11, then yes u should go back to WoW ._. Imagine if I had chosen Sorc, then I really would have been lol'ing hard haha

#18 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wizard is not OP. Sorc are not "considered". No two OP here and no "ALWAYS in demand" here too. You seriously have no idea do you

Derp.

@TS
You are too early to assume things.

#19 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

;D Exactly! That Aspersio just doesn't get off of cool down fast enough some times. Not to mention the spell animation for both Aspersio and Aqua Benedicta are annoying because sometimes my character stops just to cast Aspersio. It's also annoying when I have to stand still just to cast an proc'd Fireball even though it's instant.

#20 SnowPin

SnowPin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:Odin & Chaos

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

I can tell you for a fact that mages aren't UP. I have a Wizard and I'm like 2-3 shotting stuff.

#21 electrolights

electrolights

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Magician is op early bro.

#22 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Cradle Of The Mind

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Frost Diver Lv3 -> Lighting Bolt Lv1 4 times -> Cold Bolt Lv1 until Seal of Wind Lv5 procs -> 2 Lightning Bolts -> Repeat Cold Bolts forward.

That's literally all you need if you're going to roll a Sorc. Leveling was fairly easy.

You're just not playing Magician right.

#23 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Lol I just spammed Cold Bolt and Lightning Bolt with Wind Proc, oh well took me 3 hardcore days for Lvl 50 (without instance time wasting) ^^

But yeah, Sorc are tough but always depends on the combo :P

#24 CommanderSparta

CommanderSparta

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Magicians are not under powered. i soloed my way to 32 right now and often times i 2 shot all the monsters. Just learn your rotation and you should be fine.

Here is mine:

Frost Driver -> V.S. -> J.T. -> C.B. (till proc) -> J.T. (dump procs) -> C.B. (till proc) -> F.D. (if V.S is up) : my rotation for non boss mobs

C.B. (till proc) -> V.S. -> J.T. -> C.B. (till proc) -> J.T. (dump procs) -> refresh : my rotation for boss mobs.

im currently using cards with high int/agi for more harder hits and crits

Edited by CommanderSparta, 16 May 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#25 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Magician is op early bro.

And still is end-game (especially Sorcs)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users