Maintenance Delayed 5/7 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance Delayed 5/7

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Ragnarok 2 maintenance is being delayed to 8pm PDT and is still planned to run for four hours.

#2 Frah

Frah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos RO1 Odin RO2

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for letting us know Njoror.

#3 Stentch

Stentch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

This is the type of community communication I dig! Thank you for updating us! Please keep up the free flow of information!

#4 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

So, if this is a NA server, or area, why is maitenence being done during prime time for video games instead of like 3 am (when there is statistically less players online generally)

Edited by Adamage, 07 May 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#5 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

So, if this is a NA server, or area, why is maitenence being done during prime time for video games instead of like 3 am (when there is statistically less players online generally)

So if anything goes wrong during maintenance they still have the most qualified people in the office to handle it.

#6 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Both on the public forums and through PMs Njoror has been a very responsive god...

#7 Xearon

Xearon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

So if anything goes wrong during maintenance they still have the most qualified people in the office to handle it.

then do the maintenance during the day when people are at work...not during NA primetime

#8 Alewyn

Alewyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

don't cry about maintenance; just be glad to play the game and that everything has been relativly smooth.

#9 Xearon

Xearon

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

the maintanence time ..is my time to play....and its not really complaining...when you are pointing out a logistical fact...

whining consists of " aww..wtf the servers are down ... i cant stand this company with all the downtime" =)

just sayin...

Edited by Xearon, 07 May 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#10 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

don't cry about maintenance; just be glad to play the game and that everything has been relativly smooth.

The problem with that logic, is that you equate legitimate complaints with "whining". Just whining generally means complaining about a situation that you can't change. Remaining silent fixes nothing.

Back to the point, I really would love to know the logic behind it. Serious question, would love a semi-serious answer cause its been bugging me for years, alot of games that were online liked to do maintenance during "gaming-hours" and i never understood why.

#11 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

30 more minutes be done around 12am.

#12 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

I hope you place the scar of despair ramp in the right place this time.

As well as fix the loot, since the last maint failed to do so.

#13 jayeto

jayeto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

when we got the 20 min call it said check back at 9pm pdt? does this mean its only an hour now instead of 4?

#14 Minicakex

Minicakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

In house maintenance can be run at any time without an issue as long as your network / server admins are able to access them it is whenever your office wants to do it. If you are updating the game or having changes go live and you rely on the Dev team from Korea then you do maintenance in the evenings, which is why they do not do mid day maintenance(Korean Devs aren't around during us Mid day) It is too risky to run maintenance at like 3AM unless you want to keep all the larger portion of your team around all evening, meaning they will either not be around during the day prior or after maintenance.

#15 Bodibone

Bodibone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ragnarok 2 maintenance is being delayed to 8pm PDT and is still planned to run for four hours.

Is it down for 1 hour or 4 hours? Notice in game said 1hr if I'm not mistaken.

#16 Sumij

Sumij

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

This would be way too intelligent. More people playing = more money being potentially spent on Kafra stuff. Having any down time during peak hours is a huge no no in a business, regardless of the context.

#17 CounterCraftz

CounterCraftz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

tl;dr first world problem.

#18 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

maybe they do maint on this time frame due to bandwidth,, or time zone,, or maybe just maybe a deliberate attack on the human psyche to for u to keep thinking about ro2 when its on maint so when it gets off maint the servers gets flooded heavily with players hungry for more game time ^.^

#19 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well, the korean thing could make sense, except that we patch through a US server, in California (unless they decided somewhere else was better). And it seems a lil far strung (and a little too paranoid even for korean mmo's) to try and remote patch a server. They have to have people around when its being done.

The not wanting to keep people in too long makes sense, but logic dictates that when selling/providing a service, shutting down servers on an off day (at least that makes sense) on off hours(which these are not) makes business sense. But then again, I am not privy to the bottom line.

TLDR Its easier to ask, and if a dev/gm/someone in the office there can explain It would help me, and I'd assume others, understand the train of thought.

#20 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Nuuuu~ T_T
I was so excited earlier, wanted to rush for level when I am awake.
Seems like this has to wait for another 4 hours.

#21 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Nuuuu~ T_T
I was so excited earlier, wanted to rush for level when I am awake.
Seems like this has to wait for another 4 hours.

If they hold to what they said in game, you should only have to wait another 25 minutes (they estimated an hour)

#22 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

At least they care enough to do maintenance. Try playing other free to play MMOs when the server is dead on it's feet for weeks at a time (barely playable) *cough vindictus cough*

And if the rumor is true, that they do it during this time because they can get help from the korean develoeprs. Then hey, it means that maintenance will have a higher chance of being successful at fixing problems we are dealing with. I know it's hard... But do you think you could do something else? Like... Read a book? Watch a movie? Play another game? Go exercise? Spend time with friends/family? xD

Edited by Tsukura, 07 May 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#23 nyczalex

nyczalex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah I just woke up and played 5 minutes and shortly after disconnected... Was looking to level some.. How unlucky!

#24 rainkissed01

rainkissed01

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

I really don't see what the big deal is about the maintenance hours. It's only a few hours per week. Take a break and do something else.

#25 TsMaSh

TsMaSh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users