• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Someone on the forums was asking where they could see skills/etc. so I made this while servers were down. If you guys like it or have requests I can do more of some dungeons or something as I probably won't be playing alts much until this guys is 50 and has some gear. Or I could do a less lazy version of this one whatever people might want. There is some vent chatter at the beginning although not much, and I did get a little lazy toward the end :)

#2 YellowYoshi

YellowYoshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Awesome! I've been thinking about getting a beastmaster started but there's been such a lack of info on the forums. Looks like a lot of fun. The only thing that worries me is that it might get old always looking at the giant behind of a bear but I really like the looks of how beefy the class is.

#3 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

Yeah while I can't admit to enjoying the Bear model(personal preference), it's still relatively easy to quest without going into a form, just not nearly as efficient. I've also noticed since making this video(lvl 26) that the class scales amazingly well. Now level 37 and everytime I get a new weapon from a dungeon/token turnin it's always a very significant increase. Bear form has such good scaling from the Attack power bonus. You won't keep up with Rogues or Rangers and the such, but you can definitely hold your own and can always pull out tank mode in a tight spot =)

#4 YellowYoshi

YellowYoshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

The spear animations are all really nice, but it seems like you'd just be limiting yourself by not using the free 30% attack boost in Bear form or the tanking bonuses of Grizzly. Still though, I like the HP sponge style of tanking going on and the heals are nifty.

One last question, how do you feel about Tiger Form? It seems like a good mobility deal but it's still 10% behind just a basic Peco Peco... points would probably be best elsewhere because of that.

#5 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

*Sorry for text wall*

From what I've "heard," Tiger form can be really amazing at kiting adds or bosses(more on that in a sec). Keep in mind that Tiger form is actually 50% bonus at rank 5, so it becomes 10% faster than the 10z peco/etc mounts you get at level 15. All a personal preference though.

A really good trick I've picked up while leveling though is switching between the 2 bear forms. So I'll for instance farm/quest/etc as Bear, and when I get low, about 300-500HP(currently have ~2500HP at 100%) I'll switch to Grizzly, pop Survival(20% heal on 3700HP is 700-800 vs Bear's 300), and then do a few Cruel Bites. Once you're at your other form's max or near max HP you switch back, and bam full HP. This is a super handy way to avoid how I was leveling to begin with, which was on tougher things to stay in Grizzly, thus losing a lot of extra damage from Bear. Since the HP conversation when switching forms is based on effecting current HP and not a %, Grizzly being at half and changing to Bear is basically a full health Bear form, and it's MUCH easier to heal up to half as Grizzly when Cruel Bite heals for 300+ as opposed to healing up to full as Bear.

Credit to Ethro:
As far as kiting with Tiger Form, you can use it for any fight where there are ton's of adds either in 5man or a raid(unless a mechanic requires the adds to specifically be dead). I'll use Moonlight Flower as an example, she'll summon 3 nine-tails, then 2 copies of herself, then 3 nine-tails again as the fight progresses(maybe 1 more set of nine-tails?). While it's not necessary to kite them, if the party is lower level, less geared, or would just prefer to be more cautious, it can help to have the Beastmaster kite the adds to alleviate extra damage on the tank/party, and gives the healer 1 less person to watch for from taking damage from Moonlight's aoe she does(that hits extremely hard when you're still at level). So when the adds come out lets say you're DPSing, you activate Grizzly Form and use a Red Potion(this causes threat = to the amount healed x 300% on all monsters your in combat with), use Beast Tornado, and you can even hit Survival if you have it for a tad(laughable actually) extra threat. Now that everything but the boss hates you, you can either run to get a bit of distance or Wild Crush and go Tiger and run around so the adds aren't hitting the group, or you!

Again sorry for the wall of text, but when i first changed I was NOT excited about this class and had some remorse on my choice. The more I've played it though, the more I like it. It's such an extremely diverse class, but so few play it(I've counted 2 other Beastmasters I've ever seen in the game since I began playing on May 4.). Hope you enjoy it if you start one.

#6 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

The spear animations are all really nice, but it seems like you'd just be limiting yourself by not using the free 30% attack boost in Bear form or the tanking bonuses of Grizzly. Still though, I like the HP sponge style of tanking going on and the heals are nifty.

One last question, how do you feel about Tiger Form? It seems like a good mobility deal but it's still 10% behind just a basic Peco Peco... points would probably be best elsewhere because of that.

A quick sidenote on this beefiness. It's actually not difficult once you're at the level the last boss is grey to you, to solo an entire dungeon using Grizzly Form. I've completed all my kill 10 of XYZ monster Kharas this way since Izlude Cave actually. Time consuming, but you can skip to just the mobs or bosses you need to kill and be done with it, without holding back your entire party to kill the bulk of the dungeon if they wanna go faster.

Edit: apparently I quoted the wrong post, sowwy ;_;

Edited by Nirrado, 09 May 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#7 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Great video! Can't wait til I get those last few levels before class change now.

#8 Emelenzia

Emelenzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Man that spear is so sexy. Spears has always been my absolute favorite medieval weaponry. So BM having spear as a main weapon makes me both happy and sad. Same how Sin makes me happy their armor is so cool and sad they are stuck in shadow dog mode that hides it :/ But I am seriously considering leveling a BM just to screw around with a spear ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users