kohppa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin, Ch. 9

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

I wanted to make a thread for those rare people that are playing a Full Support Sorc.

Welcome to your sanctuary!

*crickets*

Well, I'll just wait here a while.....see if anyone shows up....

*summons Mr. Genie and the Mermaid to play cards*

But for real - how do you guys convince others that you can heal a dungeon as a Sorc?

Edited by kohppa, 08 May 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#2 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Yet

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Sadly, you can't convince stubborn people of anything; if they don't think Sorcs can heal in a dungeon, then that's their loss.
Personally, I just drop LoR on the Tank, and Healing Wave to maintain HP levels, repeat until desired outcome.
I'm reminded of a time on seaRO2, where I(of recommended level) was in a 3-man group with a Rogue and Sin(also of recommended level) just destroying Temple of the Sea God.

#3 mijieka

mijieka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was hybrid during the low levels and healed fine during Izlude cave with no priest or acolyte.
Most just focus on the idea that Priests are the only healers >.<

Edited by mijieka, 08 May 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#4 kohppa

kohppa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Most just focus on the idea that Priests are the only healers >.<

Yeah. This is what irritates me :(

I understand that they have more emergency heals - but we have capable tactics as well. I tried IC earlier and told the group I was a FS Sorc. They said that was fine and then they invited a Priest anyway and expected me to DPS with my dinky water spell and lightning spell. Ridic....

:(

#5 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

You could always try putting together the party yourself! I did two SGT runs last night with two sorcs and no priest - the one healed (he put together the party) and I got recruited for dps. It worked out really well.

Edited by raela, 08 May 2013 - 08:26 AM.

#6 Indaliceo

Indaliceo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

I convince them due to the fact that I run with a guildie tank all the time. If they don't like it they can try for 30-40 minutes to find another group as DPS =P

I mean yea there's SOME cases where it can be a bit rough to heal some bosses as a sorc, but it's not all that bad.

#7 MyouTenshi

MyouTenshi

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS; Pront Ch.11

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

I've never played a mage class, I've always played FS Priest. In SEA we were running labs and I called in a friend of mine. I died, he healed the whole party for the boss fight. Needless to say my pride was hurt that day but it made me see that FS sorcs are pretty badass. Totally debating trying it.

#8 kohppa

kohppa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

I've decided that I'm going to write a FS Sorc guide/ "Priest or Sorc?" information topic. :)

Any support you can give would be lovely <3

#9 Owlsu

Owlsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'm a FS Sorc. I was going to be FDPS but I bought a reset scroll and became support due to barely anyone being a healer throughout the game it seems, yet I also wanted the ability to reset some point down the line if I felt like it and have amazing DPS without feeling like I've wasted the time I spent on my character like I would if I played a Priest then got bored of it.

Healing as a FS works great in general for quests and running around the world - it works amazingly well and is good enough for anything so far I've found.

In the one dungeon I've tried however it's quite hard but that's probably because I only have a low level healing wave spell right now and terrible level 25 equipment and people expect me to be fully healing everyone like a priest who has better healing magic at the equal level.

I think it's also due to the team not playing too well though as well, our group were running around on the crab boss all over the place and two of them were assassins - when all my healing power as a sorc is mainly powerful AOE.

So obviously I couldn't single heal them well as they ran around jumping and we all died.

I think a lot of it comes down to the player in general really, I mean an excellent FS sorc who knows their role in and out and what works and what doesn't - with an almost perfect build will still outdo a really average priest who has a really average or bad build...and take into account a FS sorc with a good ping/connection will outdo a priest in healing who has a bad ping/connection.

Edited by Owlsu, 12 May 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#10 Bowa

Bowa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMurcia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I just solo healed sandarman normal as an hybrid built sorc with a team of 4 freshly dinged 50s and a 49 (hp ranging from a 3.8k wizard to a 5.4k monk). It was painful, but felt so good...

#11 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Quick and dirty guide to healing as fs sorc.
1. Max earth seal ( double the heals)
2. Get 1 point into land of recovery
3. Max healing wave
4. At this point you can get one point into deluge, and max land of recovery
5 after all the above all you need to max is earth shield, meditation, and deluge. I recommend that order because land of recovery and healing wave can crit, and deluge still helps healing( but its a long cast animation so LoR and healing wave are more important.

As far as stats go, if you go 25 int, 36 agi, 36 vit it'll help you more in the long run. As a sorc you get a lot of magic power, and agi is much harder to get and crits are really really good with the extra healing/ Heal over Time on wave, and extra healing on land of recovery

The extra vit is a must, you need to survive the aoes, int wont help you here either.

When healing, keep land of recovery up on tank. Top off hp of people with wave. Rejuv has too long of an animation to be especially useful.

Only time LoR should move is in raids, and that's for massive aoe. Priests should rejuv up everyone. And timing sanc and/or deluge to survive( hp increase/ aoe heal). While priests channel sanc, sorcs will have deluge down and can continue to spot heal the tank( since its a fire and forget) but leaving LoR up on tanks lets you heal them and melee dps( usually they will get enough hp they don't need the hp increase from sanc and deluge. ^^

Sorc has the best single target heals, priests have badass HoTs. Highness heal+ asp and land of recovery will keep up 3 melee without trying for 10 sec.

I'm open for debate, but no reason it won't work. You can't dps and heal at the same time, you should be using healing wave to even out hp, and LoR should always be up/ overlapped ( yes LoR does stack)

Edited by Adamage, 07 June 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#12 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

I healed Payon Ruins yesterday with only Lv2 Earth seal and everything else as Lv1 heals, you just drop LoR and spam healing wave+rejuvination on tank and sometimes when he gets low a bit, he just has to eat a pot or two for boss fights, but doesnt happen too often.

And thats it, sorcs can heal just fine , FS sorcs can heal no worse than priests.

#13 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

It kinda depends on your party though, what level are they, how well are they equiped, do they do stupid things like the tanks running ahead and don't notice hiding monsters are massacring the DPS?
If everything is going right you may be able to heal with those skill levels, it's when things go south that you're really tested.

#14 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Probably , the party did some stupid things a few times but we bearely managed to survive with an emergency deluge+LoR, otherwise it wasnt hard, the lv of the dungeon was 30 , mobs inside were 30 and all and our tank was 33 with okay gear, same for the most of the part, generally lv 32-34.

#15 DustInTheWind

DustInTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Aggred. It's all about your party members. If they didn't avoid the aoe, or kill adds, then you'd be in big trouble.

Sorcs can heal pretty well, just like priests, but they have less emergency skills, so less room for errors.

#16 KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm not a fan of full support anything really. It's just not my style. It's to slow. That's why I'm a hybrid dps sorc. (Yes that is a thing and it's actually very good) That said, I have a general idea on how Full support works simply because I have had to heal on my own before. Lor and Healing wave is a very easy combo to keep your Tank's hp up. I actually really do like it. It's fast and it heals a lot of hp. I haven't maxxed either Healing Wave or Lor (Yet) and I'm healing quite a bit already. I think the full support Sorc has something going for it at the very least.

#17 BloodyPain

BloodyPain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Sorc healer is ok :] they have pros as got LoR, deluge, healing wave(spaming spell) for raids it good have one sorce full Support...but you must remember the best eq you get the better you heal :P as FS Sorc i easy heal RHD...and also like it was writting here it best have guild and ppl with you play becouse pugs sux...

yesterday i was on raid with pug we got wizzard you attack boss even when adds was near him we told him that it is his role to kill this add...first he listed than again he attack only boss...and becous off this we wiped on 3 boss.

So it always depend of ppl who play class :]

Edited by BloodyPain, 09 June 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#18 Zulyar2

Zulyar2

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

just became a corc and i am building full support aswell, however i am having issues keeping people alive, also the online builder of corc mentiosn healing wave cooeficients as 23/26/29/31/34, which  think would be nice, but in-game, it sais 14%/15%/??/??/?? so i dont think its worth leveleing, is the ingame tooltip wrong or the one on the website? if the ingame one is right, is it really worth upgrading it for a 1%?

same goes for land of recovery in-game it mentions 7/8/9/??/?? sp co-efficient, is it really worth maxing this? or is the tooltip wrong again?

also i wasn't planning on lvling delunge at all.

atm i'm build;  http://www.ro2skills...10efe1odB1qBdO3
and i'm plannng for this ; http://www.ro2skills...0efe1odFeAqFrD3

but duo to teh ingame skilltree mentioning the heals being so much worse is it worth leveling them at all? i seem unable to heal dungeons on my own. the dungeons i ran were with priests and they usualy needed me to spam land of recovery on the group, and sometimes i had to back it up wth healing wave/reju spam and barely make it...

what am i doing wrong here?i am also only healing a 100 with healing wave and 175 reju, 80 land of recovery, it seems too little to compete on bosses.

Edited by Zulyar2, 10 June 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#19 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

The skill calculator from that site is out of date and from a previous version. www.ro2base.com Has a more current and accurate calculator from what I see. With 5/5 Earth Arms you will get the same effect as the old tooltip you are referring to. Land of Recovery is worth maxing cause because you don't have any other skill to choose from and it is a good ability as long as people stand inside it. It is one of the strong points in Sorc healing. Rejuvenation is very weak for what it does and I don't believe it is a worthwhile place to put points into. Deluge is very much so worth getting, especially if you are going full support.

#20 superhbman

superhbman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'm not a *full* support, but I am a heal-oriented Sorc, so I think I can share my experience here.

I recently healed Secret Forest Tomb, but the real story started before the run,

There were 2 groups looking for a healer, or rather a Priest. I advertised myself as a healer and one of them invited me then kicked me. I have a strong inclination of putting his name up to call upon the wrath of a thousand Valkyries on him. The other group simply ignored me, probably because they saw that i was a Sorc and thus didn't bother to invite me in the first place, or something. I don't want to assume evil intent but it does feel that way.

Anyway, there were 3 DPS classes waiting for a group too. After half an hour,a tank Knight popped in and I grabbed the 4 of them. When we entered, the Warrior said that we didn't have a healer, but no one else said anything and we ran anyway.

The dungeon run was... boring. The damage intake was so trivial that I found myself waiting for something to do. We wiped once on Moonlight Flower because I thought that I could out-range her big AoE (I died), but thankfully the others gave me a second chance, and the second attempt was so trivial and boring.

I've recorded my run, so I'll be posting it when I write the guide for the dungeon.

So yea, looking forward (/sarcasm) to Hell of Deadly Poison. T'was a freaking nightmare as a Priest.

P.S. To answer the question, I don't try to convince people that I am perfectly capable of solo healing a group. It's their loss. The price of ignorance is punishment for them.

Edited by superhbman, 11 June 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#21 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

I dunno what end game dungeons are like, but I can definitely vouch that sorcerers can solo heal. I've seen it, and when I'm starting a party, I look for either a priest or a sorcerer to take the healing position.

I think people should really give classes chance to prove themselves instead of having this "purist" mentality, that way they can educate themselves and everyone else about what other classes can do in general.

Edited by acroshin, 11 June 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#22 Faythe

Faythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

and when I'm starting a party, I look for either a priest or a sorcerer to take the healing position.

I hope you are, unless you are pulling out a 3rd healing class that isn't even released yet.

#23 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Well to me it doesn't matter what class the person is. As long as you can do the job is all I care about.

I'd take a good sorcerer over a bad priest any day.

#24 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm not a *full* support, but I am a heal-oriented Sorc, so I think I can share my experience here.

I recently healed Secret Forest Tomb, but the real story started before the run,

There were 2 groups looking for a healer, or rather a Priest. I advertised myself as a healer and one of them invited me then kicked me. I have a strong inclination of putting his name up to call upon the wrath of a thousand Valkyries on him. The other group simply ignored me, probably because they saw that i was a Sorc and thus didn't bother to invite me in the first place, or something. I don't want to assume evil intent but it does feel that way.

Anyway, there were 3 DPS classes waiting for a group too. After half an hour,a tank Knight popped in and I grabbed the 4 of them. When we entered, the Warrior said that we didn't have a healer, but no one else said anything and we ran anyway.

The dungeon run was... boring. The damage intake was so trivial that I found myself waiting for something to do. We wiped once on Moonlight Flower because I thought that I could out-range her big AoE (I died), but thankfully the others gave me a second chance, and the second attempt was so trivial and boring.

I've recorded my run, so I'll be posting it when I write the guide for the dungeon.

So yea, looking forward (/sarcasm) to Hell of Deadly Poison. T'was a freaking nightmare as a Priest.

P.S. To answer the question, I don't try to convince people that I am perfectly capable of solo healing a group. It's their loss. The price of ignorance is punishment for them.

Same, healed that tomb with lv1 heals, its pretty easy . but people dont believe in sorc heals cause its just mainly considered that priests are the heal class.
Tho i've kinda been forced to heal it cause we couldnt find priest, at first i was dubious that we can go all the way, but then it was just too easy, not sure how FS priests fail healing in that place ^^

#25 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

just became a corc and i am building full support aswell, however i am having issues keeping people alive, also the online builder of corc mentiosn healing wave cooeficients as 23/26/29/31/34, which  think would be nice, but in-game, it sais 14%/15%/??/??/?? so i dont think its worth leveleing, is the ingame tooltip wrong or the one on the website? if the ingame one is right, is it really worth upgrading it for a 1%?

same goes for land of recovery in-game it mentions 7/8/9/??/?? sp co-efficient, is it really worth maxing this? or is the tooltip wrong again?

also i wasn't planning on lvling delunge at all.

atm i'm build;  http://www.ro2skills...10efe1odB1qBdO3
and i'm plannng for this ; http://www.ro2skills...0efe1odFeAqFrD3

but duo to teh ingame skilltree mentioning the heals being so much worse is it worth leveling them at all? i seem unable to heal dungeons on my own. the dungeons i ran were with priests and they usualy needed me to spam land of recovery on the group, and sometimes i had to back it up wth healing wave/reju spam and barely make it...

what am i doing wrong here?i am also only healing a 100 with healing wave and 175 reju, 80 land of recovery, it seems too little to compete on bosses.

Well. Your main 2 heals are not maxed. That would be why. Healing wave and land of recovery are the most important skills you have as a healer( and earth emblem but, 200% more heals should be obvious)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users