Please take the "Greed" away! - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Please take the "Greed" away!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

The skill greed is the most annoying skill in this games history, i feel. Once a mass crop of monsters is killed, one greed and all the items are gone! And even if share is on it doesn't distribute equally i feel. The "Greeder" gets all the items and drops without even giving a chance to the others to see what fell itself! This is true injustice. Now with the backpack it's become available to people who can buy it, too. They don't even kill in the party, they just Greed!

Edited by QuarterBlotter, 08 May 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

This has been suggested before and shut down. If you're having issues with greed you can simply kick the party member that doesn't want to share. Unless the leader is in on then I'm afraid there isnt much you can do I think.

#3 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

This has been suggested before and shut down. If you're having issues with greed you can simply kick the party member that doesn't want to share. Unless the leader is in on then I'm afraid there isnt much you can do I think.

But why would they let it linger if it causes such economic distress to other classes?

#4 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

i agree. it shouldve been left as a blacksmith skill since most people dont have the determination to stick to a blacksmith class just to loot (specially post mechanic). they took away one of the things that made the smith class unique to play. the messed up part of it all is that you have to be rich to even afford the backpack which means the rich people are just stealing loot from people that actually need it (rich get richer?). cant even begin to count the amount of times ive had billionaire players steal cards from me after i did all of the work to kill the mob. then when you ask them for the item back that was rightfully yours they offer to sell it to you.

#5 QuarterBlotter

QuarterBlotter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

i agree. it shouldve been left as a blacksmith skill since most people dont have the determination to stick to a blacksmith class just to loot (specially post mechanic). they took away one of the things that made the smith class unique to play. the messed up part of it all is that you have to be rich to even afford the backpack which means the rich people are just stealing loot from people that actually need it (rich get richer?). cant even begin to count the amount of times ive had billionaire players steal cards from me after i did all of the work to kill the mob. then when you ask them for the item back that was rightfully yours they offer to sell it to you.

LMFAO, yeah i get what you're saying in its entirety. Though in my honest opinion the skill shudn't exist, but yeah the fact about the HBP being owned by rich ppl and them getting richer and ripping off the less fortunate seems appropriate. It almost reminds me of the real world which we're trying to escape from through fantasy XD. Stuck in a loop hole 0.o

Edited by QuarterBlotter, 08 May 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#6 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

just for fun : code the greed skill for hbp like this 'if amount of zeny is 10m or more, the player cannot use greed skill' :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

That wouldn't be fair at all considering how much people paid for the thing. -_-

#8 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

just for fun : code the greed skill for hbp like this 'if amount of zeny is 10m or more, the player cannot use greed skill' :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

1.) Trade your zeny to an alt mule account.
2.) Go into to TI with 100k
3.) ???
4.) Profit! (literally)

#9 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

OP can't greed so wants to hurt everyone who can, is all I'm seeing in OP's post. Save up for your own backpack so you can join the club. The price isn't that bad last I checked. Here's a good post on how to make zeny in the game: http://forums.warppo...62#entry1256362

I do think party setup should default to item share on though (leader can always turn it off if they choose). I always like when everone gets a fair shake at getting a nice card. I've gotten cards in TI through item share being enabled. Good ones too, like Abysmal Knight and Incubus.

For your information, I wasn't rich when I got my backpack, and it didn't just fall into my lap. I saved up to get it, and so can you. Enough about this "rich get richer" baloney. Even now I'm not rich; I still have to save up for good items.

Edited by Dreimdal, 08 May 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#10 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

lol it makes sense for blacksmiths to have greed because its the most expensive class in the game to play. poor flee rate, potion gobbling galore, expensive mats for mado casts. also the class is based on making money (which is funny cuz we spend so damn much on magic fuel and cannonballs) so it would make sense for them to greed on top of overcharge spell. especially since the smith classes get so shortchanged on everything else.

i just dont agree with other classes being able to do it. it causes utter chaos in the game.

#11 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

lol it makes sense for blacksmiths to have greed because its the most expensive class in the game to play. poor flee rate, potion gobbling galore, expensive mats for mado casts. also the class is based on making money (which is funny cuz we spend so damn much on magic fuel and cannonballs)

^
That applies to alot of mmo's. And RIP.

Greed is fine I wish i had a backpack.

#12 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

The skill greed always comes up when there are valuable drops in TIs. As long as greeders are doing their part to contribute to a party, they can greed all they want imo. If not, then they get the boot.

Of course the rich do get richer. How is this even a dispute? When you've earned a certain level of zeny and items you're supposed to be able to participate in activities that make you even richer.

#13 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

I have a HBP and I don't greed in TIs and I honestly don't understand why people are still getting knots in their undies over this. I mean, if the person's pulling their weight in the party what is the big deal? If they're just greeding and being dead weight, nobody is forced to keep someone in a party that's not fulfilling their role.

Edited by Trixdee, 08 May 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#14 bendotzz

bendotzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

this reminds me of someone who always leads a party and contributed nothing and just greeds, cuz other people wouldn't invite him if he wasn't the leader.

#15 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

cant even begin to count the amount of times ive had billionaire players steal cards from me after i did all of the work to kill the mob. then when you ask them for the item back that was rightfully yours they offer to sell it to you.

That blows but that's how it goes down when you party with random people. Why not party with friends or guildmates and agree to splitting the profit or sharing the drops? Also loot has like 20-30 second priority. If you leave it on the ground long enough for someone else to loot it, that's your fault, not at all the fault of people having access to greed. There's also Greed Scrolls in Kafra shop for 30 KP and there are 10 scrolls in the box. In case you did not know there was a greed item other than HBP. Oh, there's also the Magnola Hat with a chance of greed when receiving physical attack..

Edited by Trixdee, 08 May 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#16 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

It's the party leader's responsibility on how to setup the item sharing, either on or off. "Party Share" works all the time if it is turned on. Either not being in range of the greeder, thus, failed to get any item, or you are just really out of luck that you're gonna quit over something that you killed but another person got its drops - that is your own problem. In TIs with good drops, a good party leader either will make split profit over the good item or rather, bet on the party members' luck by setting the party sharing on.

These posts are always here and the same argument about HBPs are brought up again. RO is a game, Find your way into coping in, not by asking GMs to nerf some item just to find some leverage with those people having the initiative to save up, waste real money, or those who are already kittening rich because they're in the game for quite some time. You're new? Save up and get an HBP.

SAVE UP ZENY = GET A BACKPACK = PROBLEM SOLVED

Also, removing Greed from the HBP which is a KP item is unfair for those who burn real money or save up zeny for months just to get it.

We already have enough nerfs and bad updates. [Rudolf, Ninja Classes, and Mesmerist, RIP]

NO TO UNREASONABLE NERFS.

NO TO CRYBABIES DESTROYING RO.

NO TO DUMB AND CHILDISH ARGUMENTS.

#17 Stickynote

Stickynote

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

SAVE UP ZENY = GET A BACKPACK = PROBLEM SOLVED

Also, removing Greed from the HBP which is a KP item is unfair for those who burn real money or save up zeny for months just to get it.

We already have enough nerfs and bad updates. [Rudolf, Ninja Classes, and Mesmerist, RIP]

NO TO UNREASONABLE NERFS.

NO TO CRYBABIES DESTROYING RO.

NO TO DUMB AND CHILDISH ARGUMENTS.

I vote for you lol.

#18 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

Sometimes I feel people complain about this -_- like they did the rudolf so it gets nurfed and they can afford one and can mess up people who got 1. And I only use mine in et as its easy :/

#19 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

This is funny. Often in Ti parties I'm in people are saying don't share item. I'm overweight

Also most people wear it for stat bonus. And the greed just gets used occasionally. I didn't have a hbp for the longest time and saved up for one. Up to that either a few good souls shared looks with me Coz I'm always in Ti with them. Or I managed to get some random ones by being close to the greeder.
I think it's unjustified for anyone to ask for a nerf because U think it's unfair when U have no access to a hbp. It's been in d Kafra shop plenty in recent months. The price has dropped a lot when I got mine. If your members are only greeding it's a problem. But if they're still actively supporting or killing and just happen to have greeded faster than U looting I don't think it's a problem. FYI there's been plenty of times the good loots ie cards rogue treasure Orleans glove all went to someone else when I greed. Did I ask for it back? No

Edited by WeissCeres, 08 May 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#20 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

as long as the greeder contributes, who cares about greed ?

#21 roseo

roseo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

If I killed the mob - I try to greed the loot though some ppl from the party manage to sneak away some good drops. If I don't kill the mob I usually greed the stuff ppl don't have time to pick up. Mid ti is pretty intense and those rings cost a fortune like 700k per a run so I greed like a madman if I can.
Get your own hbp it helps with some money. Just remember one thing - don't let your greed mess up your actual effort to help your party. Kill first, greed after. Those who do nothing don't deserve to be in, parasiting on the entire party, should be kicked.

#22 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Lol i just remembered this GX from DarkenSouls, joins our party (the biolab monster that drops RT and some Salamander) back then. He just greeds the <_< out of every kill and literally does nothing. GX is pretty much one of the unwanted class in a TI and from what he did he just got booted first 5mins of the run :heh:

#23 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Would making a card that enables the skill Greed [compound on garment] sound considerable? :P

#24 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

That card will probably cost more than a hbp. Lol

#25 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Would making a card that enables the skill Greed [compound on garment] sound considerable? :P

Poring card should have a greed effect lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users