How many level 50 Beastmasters are there? - Page 2 - Archer - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How many level 50 Beastmasters are there?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hey, what about full-focused DPS BM? It is viable?
I'm currently lv.18 Archer, deffinetly going to BM but I really want to explore the DPS chances that this class have. I dont like too much the bear graphics so I also think that it may be possible be a DPS BM without transforming into a bear... Im not so sure about that anyway, since the great boost that come from turning into a bear xD

Anyway, if a full-focused DPS BM isnt that viable, what about an off-tank-DPS?

Salutes!

PS: sorry my english! it isnt my natal language :P

I explored trying DPS BM for awhile while leveling, and it stays pretty equal with the other DPS classes for quite awhile. I done a lot of leveling with a rogue buddy though, and by 40+ he was blowing past me with no competition on my part. There's a long gap where it's close to everyone else, and then Rogues/Rangers/Wizards/etc will start pulling ahead by leaps and bounds. For instance my Rogue buddy at 40 with Moonlight Dance and Unstable Doping up: the many little hits were for 100 each noncrit, and the big hit at the end for around 1000. This was with <700AP base(maybe less than that). At 50 with a blue weapon and almost 1700AP buffed I still can't Fury Strike with 50+ beastpower for half that amount(he can now take a regular mob out in 1 Moonlight Dance and maybe a double attack or 2, depending on how much Moonlight Dance crits). You can definitely contribute in a pinch, but I don't think there will be much of a reason to plan on staying alongside a class that was designed to smash faces.

Let us take solace in knowing that Grizzly Bears easily out DPS a human rogue IRL though :D

#27 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

Haste does nothing for a Beastmaster, and you won't survive in Tiger form. IF you want to max it just because it;s faster than a mount then be my guest...

Why are you standing around taking hits in tiger form? There have been plenty of times already where I've kept boss aggro while kiting while my priest/team resurrects re buffs the main tank. That's the whole point of an off tank. Why you would be doing this as a main tank is beyond me.

Who cares about haste? Vigor is what you want as an off tank anyways. Having almost a 15 second CD reduction on your AoE party heal and CC abilities is very strong.

Hey, what about full-focused DPS BM? It is viable?
I'm currently lv.18 Archer, deffinetly going to BM but I really want to explore the DPS chances that this class have. I dont like too much the bear graphics so I also think that it may be possible be a DPS BM without transforming into a bear... Im not so sure about that anyway, since the great boost that come from turning into a bear xD

Anyway, if a full-focused DPS BM isnt that viable, what about an off-tank-DPS?

Salutes!

PS: sorry my english! it isnt my natal language :P

If you want to play a more dps oriented beastmaster then go off tank. Your dps won't be as good as the above mentioned, but it's not god awful either. Plus You can tank decently when your main tank is disabled or dies. Not really sure why a lot of people are underestimating the power of an off tank.

Edited by Leokimah, 14 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#28 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Why are you standing around taking hits in tiger form? There have been plenty of times already where I've kept boss aggro while kiting while my priest/team resurrects re buffs the main tank. That's the whole point of an off tank. Why you would be doing this as a main tank is beyond me.

Who cares about haste? Vigor is what you want as an off tank anyways. Having almost a 15 second CD reduction on your AoE party heal and CC abilities is very strong.

Did I say I was standing around? Many bosses are in such a small room, or are too fast, for tiger form. Not to mention you won't hold threat for very long if the healer is healing. It has such a niche use that I don't see why you would spend points on it.

Edited by ODKN, 15 May 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#29 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Still wrong.

You go into Grizzly/Bear and taunt then shift into Tiger, shift again and Taunt if needed. It's all about alternating the forms. If you are dieing easily by doing this you are playing the class wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users