Warrior & Knight (attack power/DPS) - Page 6 - Swordman - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Warrior & Knight (attack power/DPS)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#126 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Dude you're the one talking out of your ass. It's a registered fact that the way dps rankings go in this game is Rangers=Rogues > Sorcs > (from here its a lil iffy) Assassin > Wizard > non pure dps peoples(warrior even if built pure dps gets tossed into here, same for knights).

Get me this fact. Show me proof that it's only that way. I have yet to see anyone provide proof of such "facts." What you are going off is just dicrimination that Class X MUST preform role Y. That's all you got. Show me otherwise. Provide proof of said facts and you might have an argument. Word of mouth doesn't work, espically when I'm proving otherwise. Though the best you got is saying I'm cheating with provoke.

Keep in mind, i speak as a tank knight. My knight is 50. I know what kind of dps a dps knight can do, and it is NOWHERE near what can be done with a properly played Ranger or Rogue. But if you still refuse to see reason, just wait till i get one of my dps to 50 i'll pm you and we'll settle this in game without further need to continue to go back and forth in forums when both of us are set in our sides.

You play as a TANK. You have no clue what a dps spec can do because you have no experiance as one. You're close-minded, you have nothing to back up your claims, abnd apparently you don't understand how scaling works either due to higher levels of gear.

As for the rogue argument. Why being a rogue over a ranger? Better dps and stays stacked with the healers so they don't get caught by melee stuff. As a knight I'll take less damage from naturally high armor values. Meaning I use less pots nor do i need to keep one going for rogue skill. I can go back and shield fortress the group if the main tank knight can't. What do you provide for group utility besides a buff? Oh lets also point out that I gain from a wizard's INt buff as well. A rogue does not.

My syngery with the group is far better than a rogue's even if I do less dps.

#127 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

As a knight I'll take less damage from naturally high armor values. Meaning I use less pots nor do i need to keep one going for rogue skill. I can go back and shield fortress the group if the main tank knight can't. What do you provide for group utility besides a buff? Oh lets also point out that I gain from a wizard's INt buff as well. A rogue does not.

If the fight requires Shield Fortress, I'd get tanking Knights for my tanks instead of others. When you are supposed to be the DPS role in a group, when you go and throw down your Shield Fortress, you stop your DPS for 10 whole seconds, which is a huge DPS loss because other people are still pounding away at the boss.

Rogue provides only 1 thing for the team and that is DPS, but they provide it much better. People who have played both Rogue and DPS Knight can confirm this, there's no competition. You really need to play both classes to be able to compare 1 against another.

If you want to know the difference in numbers in general, here's what you do. Find 2 same monsters with a lot of HP (like ones in dungeons) and low dodge. Have 1 Rogue and 1 DPS Knight start killing them at the same time, with a healer who can keep both of them alive while they are killing. See how much faster a rogue kills the monster, and see the amount of HP left on the DPS Knight's monster when the rogue finishes killing.

#128 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Funny, I save the raid a few times with shield fortress yesterday during our HARD PvE Arena clear. Amazing what you can do for the group when you aren't a blind bigot.

Next reset should have you babies crying even more with my new gear.

#129 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Funny, I save the raid a few times with shield fortress yesterday during our HARD PvE Arena clear. Amazing what you can do for the group when you aren't a blind bigot.

Next reset should have you babies crying even more with my new gear.

/facepalm

#130 KnightofAncient

KnightofAncient

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I have seen the future...THE FUTURE WHERE BATTLE TACTICS RIP OFF YOUR HEADS AND **** DOWN YOUR THROATS WITH TONS OF DAMAGE

He master of the tactics of battle hath spoken.

#131 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Many players here underestimate the power of a DPS Knight. However, there is no need to enlighten them, seek and ye shall find the truth.

#132 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

i give up on you guys. be dps knights if you want, you just wont be part of any raid im starting.

#133 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

i give up on you guys. be dps knights if you want, you just wont be part of any raid im starting.

The comparison is mainly between warrior and knight. While other classes can outperform, a tank-like class with DPS characteristics is a big bonus especially when it can provide defensive buffs. That is what is being emphasized. If you tunnel vision into strictly DPS, you shouldn't be on this thread.

#134 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

You might have a harder time getting into raids if you advertise yourself as a dps knight, but that doesn't mean the raid won't be successful. Even non-optimized party compositions can clear hard raids.

Here's a coa hard ratmaster kill I did with 4 tanks: http://www.twitch.tv...mmt/b/410107943

It was a little harder than usual, but the challenge makes some of the raid fights fun and epic.

(inbeforeshamelesspluggingfollowmystreamforAoDruns)

#135 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

The comparison is mainly between warrior and knight. While other classes can outperform, a tank-like class with DPS characteristics is a big bonus especially when it can provide defensive buffs. That is what is being emphasized. If you tunnel vision into strictly DPS, you shouldn't be on this thread.

i was more talking to you and whoever who was expressly saying a dps knight can do more dps than ranger/rogue/sorc etc when it just wasn't true. whoever it was that was posting that one screenshot that showed them on threat meter above 2 rangers and i think a rogue. i was mainly talking to him.

comparison between knight and warrior i wouldn't care, but the second you say knight/warrior dps > the other pure dps classes, i'll just be there to say "imma let you finish, but no"

#136 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

As you go later on in the game, there is a possibility but it depends on how often the class can crit. When you start dealing 600 damage. A critical at that stage would be equivalent to 2k.

#137 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

As you go later on in the game, there is a possibility but it depends on how often the class can crit. When you start dealing 600 damage. A critical at that stage would be equivalent to 2k.

There is no possibility of a dps knight/warrior out dpsing the main dps classes. It will never happen. They can barely(if at all which i honestly dont think they can) even out dps an Assassin or Wizard which quite honestly do subpar dps compared to the top 3.

Edited by sephiroso, 31 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#138 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

according to kRO2 players, Wizards can do as much as rangers.

#139 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

according to kRO2 players, Wizards can do as much as rangers.

sorry but nope.

http://forums.playpa...s-class-lvl-50/
I'm aware playpark = SEARO, but even in kro everyone says Ranger/rogue = top, followed by sorc/assassin/wiz, anything below that is pretty low dps(compared to the top 3 as i already said) but can still dps, just don't exact to be wanted.

also http://forum.roguard...classes-in-ro2/

yet again saying top 3 are pretty much ranger/rogue/sorc.

no way in hell 2 same geared wizard/ranger and both players skilled would have wizard doing more dmg than ranger.

#140 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

sorry but nope.

http://forums.playpa...s-class-lvl-50/
I'm aware playpark = SEARO, but even in kro everyone says Ranger/rogue = top, followed by sorc/assassin/wiz, anything below that is pretty low dps(compared to the top 3 as i already said) but can still dps, just don't exact to be wanted.

also http://forum.roguard...classes-in-ro2/

yet again saying top 3 are pretty much ranger/rogue/sorc.

no way in hell 2 same geared wizard/ranger and both players skilled would have wizard doing more dmg than ranger.

What? Those threads prove absolutely nothing. They are just opinions without any sort of evidence to back up their claims. Also, those conversations were from January, the game had just gone open beta. None of those players had any sort of gear.

It's the same thing you do in every thread, make statements as if they are truths. I can tell by your posts that you don't have the game experience to make most of the statements that you've made. Do you have level 50 characters of all of the classes to compare dps? Doubt it. You just read a thread from January and came to your conclusions.

#141 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

What? Those threads prove absolutely nothing. They are just opinions without any sort of evidence to back up their claims. Also, those conversations were from January, the game had just gone open beta. None of those players had any sort of gear.

It's the same thing you do in every thread, make statements as if they are truths. I can tell by your posts that you don't have the game experience to make most of the statements that you've made. Do you have level 50 characters of all of the classes to compare dps? Doubt it. You just read a thread from January and came to your conclusions.

those threads prove everything. everyone who actually knows what the-_- they're talking about already knows rogue/ranger/sorc are the top 3 followed quite a ways behind by wiz/assassin, rest are even below them though warrior/knight MIGHT be able to equal assassin, maybe wiz but not likely.

the same -_- you claim with me not having proof, you have 0 proof to claim i'm wrong.

#142 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

All you post are peoples general opinions. No actual info on what the class do, just most people goign "I think this class does more just cause."
Any real info is locked away in kRO2, anyone who says they played that server doesn't have screens or math or anything needed to prove otherwise.

Didn't get aroudn top posting this, I missed the Bapho H raid due to RL but we got thru PVE HARD as you can see here. So you can take ANY argument that my guild and the people I play with suck and shove it up your arse.

Posted Image

I'll have a few pics after tomorrow and monday for N/hard raids to see how I do with my colo weapon vs the wiz/sin/archer who have theirs as well. Bet you can't come up with an argument other that I cheated with provoke after i post the pics.

#143 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

All you post are peoples general opinions. No actual info on what the class do, just most people goign "I think this class does more just cause."
Any real info is locked away in kRO2, anyone who says they played that server doesn't have screens or math or anything needed to prove otherwise.

Didn't get aroudn top posting this, I missed the Bapho H raid due to RL but we got thru PVE HARD as you can see here. So you can take ANY argument that my guild and the people I play with suck and shove it up your arse.

Posted Image

I'll have a few pics after tomorrow and monday for N/hard raids to see how I do with my colo weapon vs the wiz/sin/archer who have theirs as well. Bet you can't come up with an argument other that I cheated with provoke after i post the pics.

all i read from your post was "my guild" and added the words "is filled with baddies"

if you can out dps a ranger as knight dps, your ranger needs to quit life.

#144 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

So where's your PVE Hard clear?

#145 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

This is taking the entire page, guys. Any time now....

#146 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

So where's your PVE Hard clear?

having a screenshot of PVE hard clear doesn't mean anything you act like its hard lol. it can be done with complete -_- dps which your raid group so clearly had. just so long as you're moving out of the way of stuff and you kill what needs to be killed and aren't spreading your dps you'll eventually get it.

#147 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

If what you say is true then you'd have a screen shot of you clearing it with a pug. A poor rebuttal with no said proof just shows that what you claim is false.
You had plenty of time to upload one of your own last night but since you passed the point of the current reset timer, you obviouslty haven't cleared it.

You can't actually disprove anything I've shown. You just throw out weak arguments that have no merit in the first place.

All you can do is hate.

#148 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

If what you say is true then you'd have a screen shot of you clearing it with a pug. A poor rebuttal with no said proof just shows that what you claim is false.
You had plenty of time to upload one of your own last night but since you passed the point of the current reset timer, you obviouslty haven't cleared it.

You can't actually disprove anything I've shown. You just throw out weak arguments that have no merit in the first place.

All you can do is hate.

im not hating, im just stating simple fact a dps knight can't do more dps than a rogue/ranger/sorc/assassin/wizard who knows what the-_- they're doing, you MIGHT get close to out dpsing assassin/wizard but no way in hell can you out dps a ranger/rogue/sorc. can faceroll lon those 3 classes and you wouldnt get close. its just the truth. if you want proof go play one. like i said screenshots are meaningless. if you actually level other classes you'd know you're talking completely out of your ass and i get it, you're basing this on your guilds raids cause you're above rangers and what not, but like i keep telling you. those rangers are complete baddies. dont even have to play ranger well to out dps a knight dps.

#149 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

im just stating simple fact a dps knight can't do more dps than a rogue/ranger/sorc/assassin/wizard who knows what the-_- they're doing, you MIGHT get close to out dpsing assassin/wizard but no way in hell can you out dps a ranger/rogue/sorc.

Thats close enought.
Next mission for you - do the math, stop writing lame post.

#150 Xaeus

Xaeus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Clearly, SonicTMP is able to - using whatever DPS he can muster - successfully clear the content rolling with a DPS Knight. Perhaps, mathematically and practically speaking, Knights make poor DPS compared to a dedicated DPS class.

Continually ranting about how Knights can't do it when we have an obvious example of someone being able to fill the role is idiotic. Not only that, but as a member of the community, it is an extremely toxic, unfriendly behavior that is just unnecessary.

I have played many roles in MMOs where the class and spec I was using were deemed unworthy (SWTOR: Inflitration shadow for pve, WoW: Ret Paladin any time since launch; as examples) and yet I have thrived and continued to complete content. It is obvious to me that many of the DPS roles in this game fall prey to the "epeen" standards of WoW: Potential highest DPS is highest dps, even if the margin is barely tangible due to one of a dozen acceptable reasons or even non-existent.

This game is literally brand knew for iRO and if the community continues to remain toxic to people trying new and different things because they seem like bad ideas... it is going to ruin itself. Stop being so ridiculously self important and if you don't like the idea of something, don't be a child about it. In fact, if you are a child, remember what your parents should be telling you: Treat others how you would like to be treated.

@SonicTMP

Well done on clearing content with a Knight DPS. Glad to see there is potential there. I have yet to dedicate the time to reach level 50 to gear up and raid (and I am a Knight tank anyway!), but I am grateful someone in the community was able to provide tangible proof that it isn't folly to try.

Edited by Xaeus, 02 June 2013 - 03:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users