• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 Farfanuggen

Farfanuggen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I get that Highness Heal is supposed to be great....and it is at times.

I had some serious problems with healing when I was JUST trying to use HH with Revo instead of a combination of everything. And it failed horribly. I played healer in 4 other MMOs and realized that just using HH doesn't work in a LOT of situations,

Adapt, use timing, pay attention to stuff around you. If you do it right, you can actually time most Aspersio uses to give you full time crits with Heal. There are some cases where HH is needed, but I find a lot of times normal Heal is more than enough. Peno is one of those situations.

It basically comes down to your own play style. Work with it, find out what works for you and don't just follow a guide. A lot of the time they can be wrong. (I remember guides for WoW shaman healing changed 4 times before setting on the skill and gearing set that I'd been doing since it became available)

If you tune in to your own style of play, you'll find it feels a lot smoother.

#27 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

Personally, for most boss fights, I Reno the tank, Asp+HH the tank, Heal as needed on people, and then cycle Reno on everyone at risk whenever I have the time to. It's SP expensive to do early on, but by the time you have a Lv.4x weapon, AB is enough to sustain it.

If needed, I'll Asp+HH people other than the tank, such as if they were hit hard by a randomly-targeted boss attack, or if I'm too busy spamming Heal to maintain my Reno-cycle but need an HoT on other people ASAP (since the HoT acts like a smaller Reno on up to three people).

Essentially, if I know a boss AoEs or may use skills on random targets, then I'm never standing still. Reno-cycling when I have the spare time buys me a little more time to respond to people when they need it.

Adapt, use timing, pay attention to stuff around you.

This absolutely. Healing is like its own game, testing your ability to pay attention and constantly reassess your priorities as various situations arise.

#28 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

And this is why playing with especially full support priest is one of the hardest thing in this game (and one of the hardest class you ever choose).

#29 Farfanuggen

Farfanuggen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

I don't know about at max level...but I wouldn't really has it is "hardest" to play other then the simple problems of killing things while questing alone. Most of the "Kill 12/14/20 of xxx" Khara missions are a nightmare to complete alone, but it's fun doing it with a group.

Then again, I started playing healer back in RO1 with a full support priest....and that is definitely much, much worse leveling in the beginning. It's absolutely horrid.

It's fun as all hell at higher levels (especially back when Biolabs was first put in and you got to be one of the pullers) but getting up to that point.....agh.

I actually find myself getting bored really, really easily in most of the dungeons I've been able to run. Unless I get an awesome tank who just wants to smash through Khara missions and mobs like 8 things. Then it becomes really fun. But pulling 1 group at a time is just....boring. Revo is way more than enough, even at level 37, to heal the tank through single pulls.

#30 AlphaHealer

AlphaHealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Priest is the hardest class here in RO2 why? if the tank dies the party will blame you blah blah ! bad mouth ppls .
they don't even know the weight of controling priests . First this is a Team playing game there are many noob sorcs here
sorcs are half support and half dps that means LOR "Land of recovery" is a big help in recovering parties especially deluge is use
for emergency like when boss do AOE, sorcs must cast Deluge ASAP so that priest won't confuse to heal 1st

NOTE: MUST NEED TO KNOW YOUR ROLE ! ALL SORCS NEED TO HELP PRIEST VIA LOR/DELUGE

#31 Qpax

Qpax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Location黒猫のタンゴ

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

I totally agree with last two post. I don't have a guild and I like to act as lonesome cowbow rather than joining one but I know that there is close relationship inside guild but anyways even if you don't belong to one it's hard to find good parties outta there and even if you find one the fun part of the game lasts really short. So all you need to be warry of is people around you and teamplay is all you needed in this game. If you try a bit then and try to be not here even if you have not good quality equipments you can even kill hard bosesses like cinch.

#32 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Peno is probably the hardest boss I've met so far. Everything else has just been a complete faceroll.

i know it's because the poison is bugged, but this is one bug I wish they wouldn't fix.

#33 DustInTheWind

DustInTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

From my experiment, you won't meet any real changelle until Hell of Deadly Poison. I found the Big Centipede is harder compare to other previous bosses.

#34 AlphaHealer

AlphaHealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

The combo for good supporting allies in dungeons and raids = Aspersio + Highness heal

This is good to use when the boss uses AOE skills against your party . Sanctuary though is a risk, party members should be compressed .

Centipede is easy, you need good tank when adds come he should also taunt these guys or dps must kill them fast, inorder to survive them Sorcs is highly recommended party member in this point because Land of recovery and deluge helps the party to survive also, plus he got resurrection skill.

Raid Bosses is hell . Like PVE einjerhar bosses . for lack of equipment in this state because of a new server team work is the key to success !

#35 Alukien

Alukien

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

Quick notes on Penomena... My group (level 25 all, freshly jobchanged) did it multiple times with a party of 4 and had no issues whatsoever. I was tanking on a monk with just my acolyte gear and green quest weapon. Our ranger had forked for his purple izlude bow, but I'd assume just taking a 5th DPS member would match or exceed his damage. Our assassin was cheap and had just whatever she got from questing. I think our priest had a vador weapon but nothing else special.

While i can't confirm it with research, people have claimed that penomena goes after the furthest-away target with its ranged attacks. Having the group ball up LITERALLY ON TOP OF peno with the tank attacking from his/her max range seems to help. For the most part it seemed like I ate most of the ranged attacks this way.

Second, Penomena is immobile and seemed to change targets regardless of threat if the tank leaves its attack range. I noticed that if I moved too far to pick up adds, then peno would switch to beating on someone else. What this means is that a monk tank should kind of shuffle around penomena and try to grab aggro with pots / lightning crush. Swordsman-based tanks should use AOE taunt or grand cross for the add spawns if it is up, etc. Alternatively, have a second tanky char grab them. If we did it with only 2 dedicated DPS, then a second tank should be totally cool as their damage output should be more than enough.

As an acolyte/priest, You should be sitting on and just in front of your tank. That way aspersio+HH gives the both of you a ton of burst and sustained healing in an emergency, and lets you focus on keeping the rest of your team alive.

Edited by Alukien, 15 May 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#36 Ruka87

Ruka87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationItalia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

Peno is probably the hardest boss I've met so far. Everything else has just been a complete faceroll.

i know it's because the poison is bugged, but this is one bug I wish they wouldn't fix.

Well Moonlight is tough too under 1,8k HP (dat random bug AoE :<); for Phenomena i used to stick all together with tank and spam Reno - Asp + HH with Heal as filler.

#37 DashingDreamer

DashingDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Having played both tank and healer for this dungeon, I can honestly say those two are the most important to have knowledge in.

1) Tank because he needs to pay attention to what the boss is attacking and save his skills to his team's advantage. As a healer, it's annoying when a tank doesn't know how to keep aggro on him and when to use skills at the right time. As a tank, I've never had trouble keeping my team alive and focusing threat on me even adds. Just look at what the boss is attacking, if it's not you, you're doing something wrong.

2) Healers needs a wider perpective to keep the team alive. Don't just focus on one member. See what they're doing and which ones the adds are attacking. Renovatio the ones killing adds and save burst heals for the tank. From what I've seen, it's mostly not the healer's fault if he knows what to do and when to do it.

3) DPS. Please for the love of everything right in this world, kill the summons/adds. It's gonna own everyone if you don't. It won't hurt if you take a couple seconds off from attacking a 20k HP boss because the tank can handle him provided the healers stay alive. It's not that hard. Seriously. Nothing pisses me off more than a DPS that doesn't know how to do his/her job right.

I like to think of this general flow, Tank on boss, healer on tank, DPS on adds/boss if no adds. Overall, the main problem is tunnel vision. If you tunnel vision on something, you lose sight on the overall situation and that is just a recipe for bad luck.

#38 Passions

Passions

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

I'm just starting out, so to see all this advice is very helpful to me as I am also very intimidated/shy/noob by the healer class.
I'm not trying to be insulting, but it just seems easier to be a simple class in this game (since targeting is kinda wonky for me) like a healer.
You have one job: stay alive, keep others alive, heal heal heal, res, heal. Not sure if I could handle a DPS/Heal job..
Thanks for this topic, Renah, I'll do my best just as new people before me.

Posted Image

#39 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

I'm not trying to be insulting, but it just seems easier to be a simple class in this game (since targeting is kinda wonky for me) like a healer.
You have one job: stay alive, keep others alive, heal heal heal, res, heal.

Passions, healer's job is not always hard, that's true. I've had a party once when I was literally reading a book during dangeon cleaning. I had healing to do only during boss fights. I was like "Boss! Hoooray! Something to doooo for me! <3" Healing is easy sometimes. Though some parties left me with shaking hands (and probably grey hair). ^^

#40 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I would recommend getting familiar with party targeting if anyone hasn't already. Rebind f1-f5 to something more comfortable for you, if it's too much trouble. If you have a Razer Naga or any other mouse with multiple buttons, You can bind all the party/raid targets on the mouse alone and it makes healing such a pleasure :3

Also, not having a sorc on Penomena causes so much trouble for you. It makes you focus more on party healing which could make you fall behind on tank healing.

#41 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

I would recommend getting familiar with party targeting if anyone hasn't already. Rebind f1-f5 to something more comfortable for you, if it's too much trouble. If you have a Razer Naga or any other mouse with multiple buttons, You can bind all the party/raid targets on the mouse alone and it makes healing such a pleasure :3

Also, not having a sorc on Penomena causes so much trouble for you. It makes you focus more on party healing which could make you fall behind on tank healing.

Is it possible to bind actions to additional mouse keys? I have tried this, but failed :<.

#42 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Mousewheel keybinds don't work, but I just use Razer Synapse to rebind my mouse binds in-game. I have 1-12 set as f1-12 on the naga and it works beautifully.

#43 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

You might be able to use autohotkey, that can intercept any mouse or keyboard buttonpress and replace it by something else. It has a slight learning curve though, there's no fancy user interface, you'll have to write a script to tell it what to do. It's not that complicated, but takes a little effort to learn how to do it.
I use logitech software myself so can't give you any example scripts.

#44 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Autohotkey doesn't work through HackShield

#45 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

also, realize that sometimes the people you're partying just suck too

incompetent DPS will ruin peno every single time no matter how good of a healer you are

#46 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

also, realize that sometimes the people you're partying just suck too

incompetent DPS will ruin peno every single time no matter how good of a healer you are

Very much this. When I would have a solid group as a Battle Priest I could heal encounters. As soon as I'd get a bad/undergeared group we wiped despite my best effirts.

#47 Javyer

Javyer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSpain.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

It's difficult for any 1st class find party there. You will find party better if you go up 25 lvl first. Then it is easy find a party like Priest :D

Edited by Javyer, 27 May 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#48 Ioleth

Ioleth

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I may be a bit late to the topic, but for people who are struggling with this dungeon and you can't seem to get why everyone is getting shot down (you think threat isn't sticking, you aren't healing enough, etc).

When Peno targets you (not the tank) you need to MOVE. Move a few steps left or right and move back. This allows the tank to grab everything. For some reason in that dungeon it is hard to taunt the boss off targets if they are stationary. Move until it stops hitting you, and move back.

This is giving many healers "Why did I do this to myself" complexes. It likely isn't you, just a lack of understanding Peno's jerkitude. Just move when you're being hit - move back, carry on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users