8 replies to this topic

#1 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

kRO devs had announced 3rd jobs about 5 months ago: http://sgcafe.com/2012/12/ro-ii/

Seeing how its almost the end of the first half of 2013, 3rd Jobs should be coming out soon. So what new skills do you think Monks (->Champions?) and Priests (-> Bishop/arch bisops) will get?

I was thinking Monks would get a passive skill that gave raging blow an extra hit at the end. Or more combos skills with a max of 5 spirits obtainable.

Thoughts?

#2 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

There's not much to go by to discuss. It'd be all theorycrafting at this point.

I think the 'best' scenario would be for the 3rd Jobs to reflect one of the facets of each 2nd Job, and expand upon them at the sacrifice of their 'hybrid' natures. As such, Monk, Beastmaster, Warrior, and Knight should have their two Third Jobs emphasize their Tanking or DPS more. Remove the hybrid elements at this point.

Sorcerers should gain a 3rd with more emphasis on their support, and one with more emphasis on their combo-based damage dealing.

Priests are a bit harder. You don't want to expand on their support too much more, or you further put them into the 'Sole Support' mentality many (uneducated) individuals give them. Priests should likely receive a 3rd that puts more emphasis on their DPS. I have no idea how you'd give them a Support 3rd with out running risks to Sorcerers.

The pure DPSers are always harder to figure out. I'm under the personal opinion they should have single-route thirds, or thirds that allow them to push into the thirds of their other 2nd job.

All in all, it's a bit of a 'Hrm' situation. What we need before 3rds is a bit more tweaking to the 2nds, and to give a little more definition to them. Unless defining is to be made on 3rds only, which I feel would be a mistake.

For now, we should wait to see the impact of the Noels, before really discussing what 3rds NEED to do.

#3 JustGabe

JustGabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

Maybe they'll introduce more skills that will make a Monk to lean more to the DPS side or to the Tanker side, right now Monks are very strightforward and don't have lots of options when it comes to making a build.

#4 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

I wish to see a third make rogues more pranksters like in RO1. I feel like a drug addled Assassin at the moment. One which gains no benefits from a second dagger...

#5 Beexy

Beexy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGotham City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Batcave

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

I completely agree with you Reppu. I'd like to see a Champion (3rd monk) to have sort of a DPS or Tank build/tree to choose between.

#6 Riyk

Riyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2: Odin

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

I would love for Monks to be able to go full DPS with third jobs. While tanking is fun, I enjoy dpsing so much more.

#7 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

Put steal and full-strip back to assasin!!!!

#8 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Put steal and full-strip back to assasin!!!!

That's a Stalker skill, bro.

#9 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

That's a Stalker skill, bro.

i meant in ro2. no stalker in ro2.

lol. sorry for the misunderstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users