The stupidity of starting a party - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The stupidity of starting a party

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

So, my God, is it just all Priests who're stupid? I've had 3 priests tell me no because they want already full parties to accommodate them, as opposed to joining up with a single party member, and then using the sway of a 2 person party with a priest to recruit others.

It's absolutely the stupidest mindset I've ever seen, and it's entirely the reason parties are so damn hard to make.

Pro tip guys, don't expect to be added to 4-person parties. Actively create them. I've seen a bunch of players all sitting around by themselves trying to make parties instead of TEAMING UP WITH EACH OTHER.

Edited by Scott, 12 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#2 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Sounds pretty stupid yeah.

#3 Xiiram

Xiiram

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:hyoeden
  • LocationBogotá D.C.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Epic

#4 Skize

Skize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Lol, looks like you've got some bad luck. As a priest, I've never denied anyone for a party for that reason. However, there some pretty stupid players in mmo's these days so I'm not entirely surprised you've met people like that.

#5 Shalice

Shalice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.twitch.tv/icegard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Generalization is strong in this one.

Im priest too, and the only kind of parties i deny are those "oh look, a priest, lets invite him without saying a single word or hi huuheuheuhe"

Please, be kind. We're not robots and we're not there for your benefits only.

Edited by Shalice, 12 May 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#6 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Though as a priest, I think it's fair to say you're literally a staple in ANY party, and for that reason, I think they hold a lot of sway when it comes to making parties. To the point where Priest players should be the most efficient at creating a party to satisfy the needs of all players within the party.

#7 DustInTheWind

DustInTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

As a priest, i'd join any dungeon party ( too lazy to make one for myself), but i refuse to accept random party invite.

Tbh, i still prefer a full party though.

#8 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

It sounds like to me that some (definitely not all!) priests are becoming entitled brats. xD

It happens in all games with in demand classes.

#9 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

As a priest, i'd join any dungeon party ( too lazy to make one for myself), but i refuse to accept random party invite.

Tbh, i still prefer a full party though.

It should be your duty to actively create them, rather than waiting. It just doesn't work for any other class.

#10 DustInTheWind

DustInTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Priest is high demand class. There are 4 Tanker classes, 5 Dps but only 1 Healer ( Sorc can heal aswell but not effective as priest in high level dungeons )

Like yesterday, there were 3 Abandoned Lab parties with 4 people looking for priest .

#11 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I'm a healer.. And I'm constantly in runs. I can't even create a run. I just get dragged into them by friends/guildies. xD

#12 spylenz

spylenz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

The other priests here have summed up what I was about to post. I actually form parties on my own if I need to. I ain't scurrd!

#13 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

No one wants to start a party because making them is beyond annoying. Grabbing 3 dps is easy enough but then you sit there spaming LFG for 2 hours with the rest of the server fighting over tanks and healers who don't want to redo dungeons or world bosses more than neccessary.

Doesn't help the dungeon queue is broken and you can't simply wait your turn there.

It's an archaic system that needs to be fixed because the general population is too stupid and too hateful to actually want to help each other enjoy the game.

#14 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm leveling a healer specifically because I'm inviting a lot of friends to play and I want to be able to help them out the best I can. It really seems like there is a lack of healers and the ones I see want a full party that's ready to go and aren't very social.

I've been lucky enough to find one awesome Priest who was social and cool. I'm hoping I find many more as I level up more!

#15 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hey OP, just because someone is playing a support class, it doesn't mean that you're entitled to their time and services. Priests have the right to turn down random party invites, just like anyone else. If you disagree, make your own damn Priest and see how fast you get sick of people just like you who think that they're entitled to your time and services.

#16 Melony

Melony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

It should be your duty to actively create them, rather than waiting. It just doesn't work for any other class.

You can't expect an entire class base to have the sole responsibility of making parties. Healers are integral, but so are tanks. If anything a healer is likely gonna wanna join a tank and get -_- together. No one leveled their character up so they can heal you

#17 Aarian

Aarian

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

You can't expect an entire class base to have the sole responsibility of making parties. Healers are integral, but so are tanks. If anything a healer is likely gonna wanna join a tank and get -_- together. No one leveled their character up so they can heal you

Agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed!

Scott, this is just some feedback on your comment, I don't mean to disrespect or to belittle you in any way. However, right at this moment you sound just as arrogant as those priests who denied your request. I know you're probably just upset, but you shouldn't over-generalize an entire class for one bad experience. Melony could not have put it any better way. I did certainly not create and level my character just to service you. Think of it this way, it's a equally rewarding for everyone to participate in their given role as whatever, so if those priests denied your request, it most likely would have gone bad in many ways if they had accepted not really wanting to. Why? Well... personally I deny party requests if they just pop up, if someone demands me to join them ("hey! Accept! We're doing raid...), or if I simply did not want to participate (and it's 100% acceptable). Honestly if I knew your IGN, I would block you forever, because if you treat people the way you speak about them, I don't think I'd be too comfortable. Maybe you should rephrase your words... ? Regardless, I hope you find someone to party with soon! =)

#18 electrolights

electrolights

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

As a (future) tank (speaking from past experience), I will form parties. If I happen to remember a -_-ty DPS or healers name, I do not take them again. That's really all that concerns me.

#19 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't see a reason why I'd reject a party request for dungeons or Khara quest bosses, unless I recognize the person as a terrible player who I wouldn't want to party with. However, I usually don't bother with random invites in the field since I don't want to worry about backtracking issues for either player.

#20 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hey OP, just because someone is playing a support class, it doesn't mean that you're entitled to their time and services. Priests have the right to turn down random party invites, just like anyone else. If you disagree, make your own damn Priest and see how fast you get sick of people just like you who think that they're entitled to your time and services.

It's not about being entitled, it's about priests who're actively looking for parties for the specific dungeon saying no because you're not a party of 4. I really, really wish I could play without needing a priest, I do.

Agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed!

Scott, this is just some feedback on your comment, I don't mean to disrespect or to belittle you in any way. However, right at this moment you sound just as arrogant as those priests who denied your request. I know you're probably just upset, but you shouldn't over-generalize an entire class for one bad experience. Melony could not have put it any better way. I did certainly not create and level my character just to service you. Think of it this way, it's a equally rewarding for everyone to participate in their given role as whatever, so if those priests denied your request, it most likely would have gone bad in many ways if they had accepted not really wanting to. Why? Well... personally I deny party requests if they just pop up, if someone demands me to join them ("hey! Accept! We're doing raid...), or if I simply did not want to participate (and it's 100% acceptable). Honestly if I knew your IGN, I would block you forever, because if you treat people the way you speak about them, I don't think I'd be too comfortable. Maybe you should rephrase your words... ? Regardless, I hope you find someone to party with soon! =)

Maybe it's just a whole 2 days of priests saying no to creating a party with me. Of course I'm bitter. I primarily try to avoid getting maximum threat so the healer doesn't need to babysit me, and as a rogue, I'm also the first to jump onto adds targeting the healer. That said, maybe I shouldn't have singled out priests, because it seems everyone sucks too much to bite the bullet and start a party from scratch.

Edited by Scott, 12 May 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#21 Emelenzia

Emelenzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

I can say I have yet to have any healer tell me this. Either way this wouldn't be rude regardless. Anyone has a right to refuse a party invitation. And its not difficult to ask "Can I send you a invite when I fill the rest of the roles ?". Thats my two cents on the matter at any rate.

#22 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

Players are simply being too precious to join partially formed parties.

#23 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's not about being entitled, it's about priests who're actively looking for parties for the specific dungeon saying no because you're not a party of 4. I really, really wish I could play without needing a priest, I do.

Again, they have the right to turn you down if they please. Maybe they don't think you'll be able to get the other roles filled. Maybe they're looking to party with specific people, or just a particular make up of classes. They don't have to party with you just because you spammed them with an invite.

#24 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Whispering relevant priests looking for a party in the find party tool hardly seems like spamming. If it's not met with complete silence, it's "No, I want a party of 4"

#25 Thaiku

Thaiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Again, they have the right to turn you down if they please. Maybe they don't think you'll be able to get the other roles filled. Maybe they're looking to party with specific people, or just a particular make up of classes. They don't have to party with you just because you spammed them with an invite.

Or people playing priest just think they are a god and we must offer them the parties done even de drop for them (i found a priest with conditions, we had to give him all green drops)
Really, some priests thinks the are gods, and we have to pray them...

Edited by Thaiku, 12 May 2013 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users