The stupidity of starting a party - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The stupidity of starting a party

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#126 Ruka87

Ruka87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationItalia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

During dungeon runs, I try not to invite doubles of classes. It leads to better party rounding, and happier looter. That is except when theres no monk/beastmaster/knight in the freaking party, seriously I see so much of this I want to puke. Monk gear is the worst offender, followed by beastmaster, and then knights. I hardly see wizard or priest gear ever drop. On that note, loot table rates need to be checked for balance. Or ideally, only drop gears of classes actually present :p_sleep:

Quote for -_- truth :p_sick: in Abandoned Lab got only 2 shoes, 1 wep and 1 chest in ~ 30 runs.

Edited by Ruka87, 19 May 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#127 anyafennec

anyafennec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI
  • Server:Odin Ch17

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

I've been itching for a long time now and finally decided to speak up for Healers. This will be one long rant.

Think about it. How many of you helped a priest even once on your way to 50? Not with some world boss or dungeon (it's a moot point who helped who there), but in their everyday questing, grinding, something boring.

Seeing how people ignore others in dungeons (dont wait for dead before looting, not waiting for casters to eat, stealing tanking rings from tanks and shouting NEED! when a dps ring drops 5 minutes later =/) i don't expect many did.

So the point of this rant is: Be mindful of those who have your back in the toughest moments. Next time you login into the game - ask in LFG or Public or Trade if some priest needs help with his quests. They try to avoid bothering other people with their own problems, but they DESPERATELY NEED someone to be bothered.

And even if you don't have time for that (who are we kidding, it's not about time) - please at least tell your friends about priests' hardships and give them a nudge towards being generous once in a while and giving some of their time to help those in need.

If you do that, you will notice soon that your friendlist is packed with happy high-level priests ready to jump into action at a wave of your hand.

Be Nice.

Thanks.

I love you ;_;

I always play with my partner that's a Sorcerer, so I'm lucky enough to survive fairly well outside of the dungeons (decided switch from FS to Hybrid to make our lives easier, though I still prioritize support skills over attack). I can't imagine what it's like to play a Priest by yourself unless you're leaning more towards attack skills, I would probably give up and quit.

About the other points raised in this thread - I try to help people out whenever I can, but I don't like those that are demanding or just mean. I would rather do a dungeon twice with people that are nice and encouraging than clear it in one go but be stressed the hell out. If I find people I like I invite them to the guild, or add them as friends if they already have one. Since I'm the only healer in the guild I willingly help people out a lot even if it's a dungeon I already did several times.

So yeah, be nice to healers and maybe they'll help you out later. We often feel unappreciated and a little appreciation goes a long way.

As for Sorcerers healing, at higher dungeons you need a Priest to take care of emergency situations (e.g. adds spawn before the DPS could destroy the eggs and swarm the party right before the boss launches an AOE). As far as I experienced, Sorcerer's healing spells work well for constant healing but aren't flexible enough. Having said that, Hybrid Sorcerers are extremely valuable to have in the party when the Priest is overworked and sometimes make the difference between surviving the boss and having a total party wipe.

#128 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I love you ;_;

I always play with my partner that's a Sorcerer, so I'm lucky enough to survive fairly well outside of the dungeons (decided switch from FS to Hybrid to make our lives easier, though I still prioritize support skills over attack). I can't imagine what it's like to play a Priest by yourself unless you're leaning more towards attack skills, I would probably give up and quit.

About the other points raised in this thread - I try to help people out whenever I can, but I don't like those that are demanding or just mean. I would rather do a dungeon twice with people that are nice and encouraging than clear it in one go but be stressed the hell out. If I find people I like I invite them to the guild, or add them as friends if they already have one. Since I'm the only healer in the guild I willingly help people out a lot even if it's a dungeon I already did several times.

So yeah, be nice to healers and maybe they'll help you out later. We often feel unappreciated and a little appreciation goes a long way.

As for Sorcerers healing, at higher dungeons you need a Priest to take care of emergency situations (e.g. adds spawn before the DPS could destroy the eggs and swarm the party right before the boss launches an AOE). As far as I experienced, Sorcerer's healing spells work well for constant healing but aren't flexible enough. Having said that, Hybrid Sorcerers are extremely valuable to have in the party when the Priest is overworked and sometimes make the difference between surviving the boss and having a total party wipe.

On that note.. I was out questing today on my priest (She's full FS, only has holy light 1 aspersio'd to kill with). Started out at 41, and I was doing the verta delta prank quests... those alone took me about an hour to an hour and a half (going by food times, but I was chatting in guild a little at the time cause that -_- was boring), because of the retarded staggering of the khara after you complete the quest... Most of verta delta is like that, so I was lucky that at the end of my pranks quests/kharas.. I ran into a rogue. Finished the entire zone then, including Stainer, went back and finally found people for Merem and Scoler... within about 3-4 hours, Including all the kharas even the 20 of each crab one. Moral of the story : Yes, we CAN do it mostly on our own... it'll just take a few expansions for us to catch up to you.

#129 Atweig

Atweig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Other players helped me more than once during my everyday road to 50. :) (I'm a FS priest). People rarely reject party invitations, esp. during Kharas. Rangers and knights are especially nice that way for some reason. The meanest class so far is - strangely enough - sorcs. They never help. xD

Edited by 8936130505055608363, 19 May 2013 - 02:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users