Registration hassles.... - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Registration hassles....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

So..regsitering for warp portal website alone was a pain in the ass cause the captcha wouldnt take for the first 10-15times. On top of the 5minute load time on the webpage after....anyway got past all that. Now im trying to add my RO account to my warp portal account so I can pay for my account when I need to. Proble is...says my account is unavailable, as in I cant register my one and only game account tied to my email.

Posted Image

on top of that..I already sent in a ticket asking for suggestions on this and you know what reply I get?

Thank you for your inquiry,

We are sorry to hear of any issue experienced with recovering the account in question. Please note that in order to add a game account to a warp portal account you must be able to access the email address registered to the game account. To retrieve the password/account name linked to an account.

1. Log in/Register to http://warpportal.com.

2. Goto the lost password page found here: https://www.warpport...mepassword.aspx
2b. Lost Account ID Page: https://www.warpport...ameaccount.aspx

3. Enter all information as prompted.

4. An email will be sent to the email address registered to the account.

5. Open the link in the email. You will now be able to set a new password for the account.

If you are unable to access or do not remember the email registered to an account please follow the following directions.

To change the e-mail address of the account in question, we ask that the following form please be completed so we may process your request:

Account name:

Etc etc, I dont see how not being able to register my RO account has anything to do with retrieving a lost account. Do you guys actually read the entire email? Or just the first three words...cause that would make sense. Like if I read "I cant register" then maybe it would be a lost account retrieve but, you know...read a little bit further and you would have seen Im already registered on warp portal and that indeed my account isnt "lost" and I have all the original information. So...I dont really feel like waiting 2 more days to have a copy pasted answer on a completly off topic FAQ's checklist that I already know about. I dont care about that at all.
So yeah, warp portal sucks ass, havnt found anything positive about this at all, I know as a company you need to continue "moving forward" but for a game thats losing players every month its pretty dumb to make it this much HARDER to actually continue bothering at all. Pretty sure you about to lose a couple hundred accounts cause of the stupid hassle you making everyone go through for a change that wasnt really needed at all. Albiet the old system sucked...but at least it worked properly.

Sorry hate to sound all negative when you guys(GM's and such) are trying to paint a rosy picture about the future of RO, but....when you pull stupid stuff like this you only piss more people off.

#2 Corvus

Corvus

Guard Captain

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • LocationGravity CS Room

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

You are on the page to create a new RO account. Go one page back and you will find another link that says "Add an Existing Game Account." Fill in your account's information there and you will be able to add your account.

If there is anything else you need assistance with, please let me know.

#3 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Still not letting me do anything.

#4 Corvus

Corvus

Guard Captain

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • LocationGravity CS Room

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

Send me a PM with the error message and I will see if I can help you further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users