• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Venath

Venath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

I know this have prolly been asked but i couldnt find a solid awnser to my question,

Im trying to find out wich of these 2 classes would be the best for a fair dps and off tank role.

Also soloability on mini boss (field boss) would be nice.

I know warrior have much better aoe but i keep hearing monk have better dps and def wich i honestly doubt..so im torn between them..

#2 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Monks have the higher DEF with their 250% DEF increase VS Warrior's 30%. Even with the difference in their gear's base DEF.

People have pointed out that Monk's weapon attack is lacking, compared to Warriors who probably have the highest weapon attack. Monks don't have a DoT skill either, but while Warriors have to use Lv 5 Berserk to compensate for their -10% AP from Defender, Monk's TSS effect could offset Steel Body's -10% AP with no drawback even at Lv 1. I don't really know how the TSS debuff works myself so this is just a possibility.

I don't think you can solo field bosses with either class unless you were severely over levelled/geared-- you'd need at least one healer.

#3 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

This is also when I say "DPS/Off Tank? Knight."

But, at the very least? Monk is the worst Off Tank in the game (One AoE with a low target cap = no). If you're adamant on one of the two, do Warrior.

#4 Venath

Venath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

At first i was planning to try on the knight to make it dps oriented but i i doubt much ppls would welcome me in a party as a dps/off tank spot when they could use a rogue or a warrior for same purpose but better dps.

I also followed ur posts about what a dps knight could bring to the table wich i understand but i also know that most of the player just put each class into a specifique role
they must absolutly follow..ex a knight should be main tank nothing else. priest only heal and cant dps.. etc..

all in all i was leaning more toward the dps knight than the warrior, but im just not sure if a knight will really be able to live up on my and the party expectations on the offtank and dps part.

I been trying to find any video to have an idea of how a dps knight manage itself but couldnt find any.

PS: sorry for my english i tend to type wierd things in disorder.

Edited by Venath, 13 May 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Warrior as better DPS? That's not strictly true. Common misconception, really; Concentration is That Good. Aura Mastery as well. Shield Fortress as utility.

Really, the only 'flaw' of a DPS Knight is their raid token.

As for 'strictly follow', Knights SHOULD generally be MT or OT, but their DPS Is respectable. They're not Rangers/Rogues/Sorcerers, but their added utility is key for certain engagements.

Priests, for now, should stick to Full Support unless they're a PVP Hybrid. Pure DPS Priests are, unfortunately, garbage.

Edited by Reppu, 13 May 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#6 Venath

Venath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

when u say raid token is it the gear they get?

#7 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Raid gear is defined by Tokens. Knights share the most common token in terms of classes you bring to a raid (IE: Yellow, which is Ranger, Knight, and Sorcerer. Why is this significant? Because Ranger and Sorcerer are #1 and #2 in DPS. You're, effectively, taking raid tokens from the two DPSers that -will- out-damage you. Rogue also beats you, but beyond those three you do better. Assassins also beat you but... they're just bad rogues /rimshot! Also, I assume Yellow no longer has Rogue, unless we're using the old Yellow Token. If Yellow is STILL Knight/Ranger/Rogue/Sorcerer, this is even worse. And stupid. The old yellow token is -badly- implemented).

If it weren't for this, DPS Knights, I promise you, would be far more of a thing.

Unfortunately, they have the Yellow Token.

#8 Venath

Venath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

i see, well thanks for all the info, il take my time to get to 25 first and decide wich way i go,

#9 AlphaHealer

AlphaHealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

I will recommend Warrior as a Off tank . even defender got 30% def dodge and parry, warrior got heavy armors on it so its still hard to kill, and i would like to add that parry rate from warriors are good to tank summons from bosses plus he got AOE and defend/parry buff skill . i would refer tank type skills to spend to if u want to be off tank/pvp class type also good for pve . Monks are consider as main tank because their almost of their skills are for 1v1 only .

#10 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Warriors are essentially the "Jack Of All Trades" among tanks... they are very effective off-tanks. They have great AoE skills and can get high aggro in a very short time. Monks are best when solo tanking bosses.

Hope this helps and shed some light:
This is me on another RO2 Server doing Abaddon of Despair.

#11 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Monks have the higher DEF with their 250% DEF increase VS Warrior's 30%. Even with the difference in their gear's base DEF.

People have pointed out that Monk's weapon attack is lacking, compared to Warriors who probably have the highest weapon attack. Monks don't have a DoT skill either, but while Warriors have to use Lv 5 Berserk to compensate for their -10% AP from Defender, Monk's TSS effect could offset Steel Body's -10% AP with no drawback even at Lv 1. I don't really know how the TSS debuff works myself so this is just a possibility.

I don't think you can solo field bosses with either class unless you were severely over levelled/geared-- you'd need at least one healer.

You're forgetting that Monks also posses a similar skill without dodge penalty, called the almighty Critical/Ki Explosion. With the help of TSS, Monks can dish out quite a damage. Although Monks are lacking DoTs, they have much quicker ASPD and can hit faster (Bash 1 second cooldown, Raging Blow is 0 second). What makes Monks weak in terms of DPS is the fact that they do not posses AGI from their gears and they ought to have best quality end game cards, runes and whatever that posses STR and INT to actually increase their damage.

#12 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Warriors are essentially the "Jack Of All Trades" among tanks... they are very effective off-tanks. They have great AoE skills and can get high aggro in a very short time. Monks are best when solo tanking bosses.

Hope this helps and shed some light:
This is me on another RO2 Server doing Abaddon of Despair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meADDo4vcJ4

Mind if I ask you for your build? (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users