• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DotSquall

DotSquall

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hello, im currently 24 and I'm having problems deciding my build.
ATM i have planned this build, but have doubts on it

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

What do you guys think about it? Is it a good idea maxing Healing Wave? Should i get Deluge?
Cold bolt 1 or 5?
Any input will be much apreciated!

#2 Ethasi

Ethasi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Def want Cold Bolt at 5. You're casting any time you're not doing something more important, so you should get the most damage you can out of it. Personally, I do not like healing wave. Sure, you can spam it, but spamming it wastes quite a bit of time. The other healing spells are more powerful and can be applied pretty quickly in-between attacks. Deluge is amazing in emergencies, but I wouldn't recommend getting it higher than level 1. Also, I can post the build I am using if you are interested in seeing. I doubt it's anywhere near the best, but it has served me well so far. =0

Edited by Ethasi, 14 May 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#3 polo2005

polo2005

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

if i could get a free respec, this is how i would spec my sorc

deluge is a must have, it works diffrent from land of recovery, as if oyu pop earth seal before using it, it will keep the increased healing buff even if you swap back to wind warms after casting it, i would def move points from healing wave to deluge.

ofc this is just my opinion, and as i'm far from highly experianced with this as its my second char, it might not count as much, but this is the feeling i got from playing up my sorc..

Also i'm not quite sure its worth maxing out cold bolt, as your maindamage will still be from your lightning spells(specially when they crit) togheter with wind arms proc or frost dive, and in later dungeons and stuff you will find oyurself off-healing alot more so you wont actually go full out dps all the time.

#4 RaidenQc

RaidenQc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

if i could get a free respec, this is how i would spec my sorc

deluge is a must have, it works diffrent from land of recovery, as if oyu pop earth seal before using it, it will keep the increased healing buff even if you swap back to wind warms after casting it, i would def move points from healing wave to deluge.

ofc this is just my opinion, and as i'm far from highly experianced with this as its my second char, it might not count as much, but this is the feeling i got from playing up my sorc..

Also i'm not quite sure its worth maxing out cold bolt, as your maindamage will still be from your lightning spells(specially when they crit) togheter with wind arms proc or frost dive, and in later dungeons and stuff you will find oyurself off-healing alot more so you wont actually go full out dps all the time.

I would not use that build since Jupiter Thunder isn't maxed out, i would cut somewhere else

#5 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hello, im currently 24 and I'm having problems deciding my build.
ATM i have planned this build, but have doubts on it

What do you guys think about it? Is it a good idea maxing Healing Wave? Should i get Deluge?
Cold bolt 1 or 5?
Any input will be much apreciated!

IMO, regarding Healing Wave, it is really safe for you to reduce it to level 1.
While it is good and all, your Healing Wave is only important when your tank has low life left. It is not that great to maintain the tank's HP, it's Priest's job.
On the other hand, Sorc's AoE HoT is one of Sorc's strength over Priest, it must be up on all times.. That's why, Deluge is important, to increase a party survivability, while healing at the same time..

#6 DotSquall

DotSquall

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

So i guess i should get Deluge over Healing wave.
Now if I move points from HW to Deluge, deluge only gets to lv 2,
Should i leave it at lv 2? or move points from Cold bolt to max Deluge?
I think thats the only thing and i'll be good to go!
Thanks everybody for theit input!

#7 CommanderSparta

CommanderSparta

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

this is what i would do to be more hybrid and to be wanted in raids

#8 RaidenQc

RaidenQc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

this is what i would do to be more hybrid and to be wanted in raids

I think i would use this build. but maybe remove frost diver and max deluge and LOR, since frost diver dont work on boss

#9 CommanderSparta

CommanderSparta

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think i would use this build. but maybe remove frost diver and max deluge and LOR, since frost diver dont work on boss

I would let frost driver stay in my opinion because if you want to raid, your raid leader might want you to control mobs and our only skill for that is frost driver. Especially the bapho fight where there's that fire bomb that we have to stop. Well this is just my OP anyways

#10 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Cradle Of The Mind

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Here's the build I'm aiming for. http://www.ro2base.c...310622.22310621

Maxed Deluge because it's amazing. Frost Diver is great for controlling a mob and getting more damage in while solo. Earth/Wind Seals maxed for Heals/Damage respectively, Earth Shield is your party buff, LoR is your main heal, Spear and Jupital Thunder are your biggest damage spells.
Definitely get JT Mastery, because you'll be spamming Cold Bolt a lot and you want that to proc as much as possible.

I don't find points in Cold Bolt to be necessary if you plan to be healing mostly, with damage simply in your off time - better to spec for burst rather than sustained then.

#11 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Maxed Deluge because it's amazing. Frost Diver is great for controlling a mob and getting more damage in while solo. Earth/Wind Seals maxed for Heals/Damage respectively, Earth Shield is your party buff, LoR is your main heal, Spear and Jupital Thunder are your biggest damage spells.
Definitely get JT Mastery, because you'll be spamming Cold Bolt a lot and you want that to proc as much as possible.

I don't find points in Cold Bolt to be necessary if you plan to be healing mostly, with damage simply in your off time - better to spec for burst rather than sustained then.

If you plan on healing most of the time, I guess you play with Earth Arms or do you switch situational? If not, I would take CB max, since you are hoping for JT Procs and well, you can spam lots of CB till a proc arrives. If you do switch to Wind Arms, well then CB 1 is enough, cause you hope for procs ^^
Otherwise I'd take the same build, except that I use ES Lvl 1 cause the second sorc has ES maxed, so I push Soul Bind max and Healing Wave for intense situations ^^

Edited by Vaelastrasz, 17 May 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#12 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

If you plan on healing most of the time, I guess you play with Earth Arms or do you switch situational? If not, I would take CB max, since you are hoping for JT Procs and well, you can spam lots of CB till a proc arrives. If you do switch to Wind Arms, well then CB 1 is enough, cause you hope for procs ^^
Otherwise I'd take the same build, except that I use ES Lvl 1 cause the second sorc has ES maxed, so I push Soul Bind max and Healing Wave for intense situations ^^

Yes, I primarily heal, hence the maxed ES and only one point in CB. I do hope for procs of Wind Seal and Jupital Mastery for my damage.

Also a good thing to note is that Deluge is affected by ES. So even when DPSing a boss, swap to ES before popping Deluge for an incredibly powerful AoE heal.

I don't see Soul Bind worth having more than one point in - the CD is still quite ridiculous even maxed out. Healing Wave may have some merit, but I don't see the gain as enough to warrant more than one point, especially since it generates more threat than LoR/Deluge.

#13 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hey here is my hybrid build it is really good for both PvE and PvP it will be my end game.

http://www.ro2base.c...310622.22310621

Alot of people want frost driver for the 2X dmg with Jupter and Varetyr. However is you are using Wind Arms you can spam cold bolt and still get 2x dmg to lightning skills which is both of them, and lvl 3 frost driver takes alot longer to cast over lvl 5 cold bolt, and Frost Driver does no dmg so its most defiantly better to take the 2x dmg from wind arms and frost driver. Even though its just a chance with the spam ability cold bolt is come often. The rest is pretty much self explanatory Deluge because of the max hp and healing increases survivability dramatically, seal of earth for back up healing and Wind for DPS,

Edited by orphen223, 17 May 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#14 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hey here is my hybrid build it is really good for both PvE and PvP it will be my end game.

http://www.ro2base.c...310622.22310621

Alot of people want frost driver for the 2X dmg with Jupter and Varetyr. However is you are using Wind Arms you can spam cold bolt and still get 2x dmg to lightning skills which is both of them, and lvl 3 frost driver takes alot longer to cast over lvl 5 cold bolt, and Frost Driver does no dmg so its most defiantly better to take the 2x dmg from wind arms and frost driver. Even though its just a chance with the spam ability cold bolt is come often. The rest is pretty much self explanatory Deluge because of the max hp and healing increases survivability dramatically, seal of earth for back up healing and Wind for DPS,

Sacrificing points in Jupital Mastery to max out Cold Bolt is just plain silly, in my opinion. Cold Bolt is only useful for the procs, and getting as many instant Jupitals is pretty crucial to maintaining DPS against a boss, especially if you have a high crit rate.

#15 RaidenQc

RaidenQc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Sacrificing points in Jupital Mastery to max out Cold Bolt is just plain silly, in my opinion. Cold Bolt is only useful for the procs, and getting as many instant Jupitals is pretty crucial to maintaining DPS against a boss, especially if you have a high crit rate.

I would not maxed JM since lvl 3 dont worth it. Best lvl would be at lvl 2, in my opinion. The 2% increase from lvl 3 dont worth it.

#16 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

It makes no sense to get more than 1pt of JM when its only a 15% chance to auto cast thats crap if it was 35% it would be more considerable, but 15% is just way to low, I would rather have 38% spammable dmg, and 40 % slowing , which has a chance to get me 2X dmg with Jup and a 7% chance to cast JM rather then, 32% dmg over 15% chance to auto cast. I fthey update JM with a higher chance of the auto cast I would gladly take it

#17 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

You shouldn't be worrying about controlling mobs unless your a Wizard that is what Frost Nova and Ice Wall are for end of story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users