5/14/2013 Patch Notes - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/14/2013 Patch Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

#151 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

In their original post their comment was about the EXP being received by the Gramp's TI. One even said the EXP they gained from the mobs was higher then the TI EXP being given by Gramp's. So it wasn't really about the amount of EXP being given by the monsters at least not originally. The EXP being given by the monsters themselves is always an issue, & always is gonna vary, especially depending on a persons level.

#152 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Please make it so you can trade 2 of these random costumes for one of your choice. No boxter crap, we just want to be able to choose the costume we pay for.

#153 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

Please make it so you can trade 2 of these random costumes for one of your choice. No boxter crap, we just want to be able to choose the costume we pay for.

That would be no different then being able to trade two items from a Grove Pack or Lucky Box for the item of your choice. Which of course wouldn't be right at all. If they wanted to sell individual items they would. The reason they do the random boxes is because you have less of a chance to get what you want so you end up buying more. The purpose of Boxter is so you can trade items you don't want in & get more boxes. You are still going to get the same items you don't want but at least you still have a chance of getting what you do want :p_idea:

#154 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

So summarized, you very well pointed why it's a waste of money for a chance at getting a merely cosmetic gear! (minus the full moon, but it could be easily excluded from a trade-in npc).

#155 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's been said many times that Double EXP Events do NOT apply to the actual TI EXP Rewards or Quests themselves only to monsters killed.

It's hard to believe there are people complaining about the EXP gained from the Gramp's TI's when it's higher then any other EXP you can gain doing any TI or Quest.

I've never kept track personally of the amount of EXP gained from any of the Gramp's TI's, but I would imagine it's just like any other EXP that you gain & based on the Characters Level, however I could be wrong.

I'm not sure why else it would change from week to week otherwise.

In their original post their comment was about the EXP being received by the Gramp's TI. One even said the EXP they gained from the mobs was higher then the TI EXP being given by Gramp's. So it wasn't really about the amount of EXP being given by the monsters at least not originally. The EXP being given by the monsters themselves is always an issue, & always is gonna vary, especially depending on a persons level.

i wasnt talking about the turn itself. im talking about the mobs inside the dungeon. i like grinding inside gramps dungeon cuz its the most mobby map in the entire game and its quick and easy to access. if i run out of healing items/sp regen items i can simply walk out and back in, where as going to a dungeon requires alot of preprepping and flywinging/traveling.

something is wrong with the current mobs. the ice titans are supposed to give x2 exp but they arnt. i dunno if they forgot to program the actual mobs or what but the exp is BAD. im well aware of how much exp i gain an hour and its significantly less this week then last week, which makes no sense since these mobs are supposed to be x2 exp (it should equate to a lil less then the same as last week). even running it with a party of 3 rangers we were still getting pretty horrid exp

like i said before. i went to the actual ice dungeon where there are far less mobs to kill and was getting WAY more exp per hour. unfortunately the ice dungeon is annoying as hell now because those stupid ranged guys are outnumbering all of the other mobs, they dont give good exp, and they dont bunch up so that you can aoe them (they actually cant even move at all)

its sad that we need spotlights at all. ALL maps should have the spawn rates of spotlight. i dont understand why its considered a 'treat' to be able to level at a reasonable level. theres something seriously wrong with that entire concept. i actually like grinding but my options are very limited on renewal server

its also sad that nobody wants to just grind exp. all anyone cares about are the merit badges. people abandon the gramps ti parties as soon as their kill count is done to go play alts or afk in town. i usually end up party hopping 5-10 parties just to stay grinding (when i decide to play with parties). i find party play to be fun (it is an MMORPG after all) and makes grinding exp much easier when you have people to chat with and support to save you on having to waste resources

#156 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Campitor the iRO customization of the skill zen has reverted back to its original its no longer 1.4 seconds.

#157 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

Campitor I also sent you a pm few days ago and you never read it as well. Btw, mystical amplification scrolls which come from mystical amplification 50 boxes cannot be stacked by kafra stacker, please fix this

#158 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

B- But, the vanargand looks cooler.

choosing looks over efficiency/cost? tsk tsk.

Camp, I just saw that you added a "New" Costume Box to the Kafra Shop however it has all old costumes in it, & only one Costume that is actually a NEW Costume, the Full Moon. With costumes themselves not being vendable & only the boxes that makes this box basically worthless since there is only a CHANCE to get this one item. It would have be nicer if you guys had actually put in a box with NEW Costumes in it instead of all old costumes & just one NEW one.

Another subject I've been wanting to bring up, for a long time now, has to do with all the spamming messages they have been doing for awhile now, like the messages about the Groove Pack & the items in it. If they are going to continue with spamming these messages non-stop like this then they should at least add a preference for us to disable these messages if we so choose. At this time no matter what messages are disabled they still show.

I agree. I think it'd be much better if they made the box untradeable and the costumes tradeable. What will you do if you get 12 angry snarls? Basically, why would a customer want to buy the box for one or two items when the chance to get the ugly/unwanted ones are greater and you can't do anything with them, not to mention they take up inventory space. Unless, we got an updated boxter that will eat all those angry snarls. My 2 cents

ps: Some people worked hard for the cake hat (I'm ONE OF 'EM)... now we get them so easily in this box. If things go like this, what's the sense of making those events? :/

As correct as both of you indeed may be, there's a deeper issue that you might fail to see.
The moment warp portal took over gravity, the game began losing its originality.
I'm not sure where the original staff has been, but gradually the game has become "pay-to-win".
WP Energy and Kafra Points galore - an advertisement brainwash: "COME BUY FROM MY STORE!"
Where's the fun in that? Seems like a joke. Spamming ads that leave your pockets up-in-smoke.
If you conform you'll eventually go broke. Hope that bill doesn't give you a stroke.
This see-through scheme has achieved new ends. I promise you the true goal is much worse my friends.
They care about your money, not about you. Ragnarok 1 is a tool to fund Ragnarok 2.

#159 orlibe

orlibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

^ true :/

#160 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

As correct as both of you indeed may be, there's a deeper issue that you might fail to see.
The moment warp portal took over gravity, the game began losing its originality.
I'm not sure where the original staff has been, but gradually the game has become "pay-to-win".
WP Energy and Kafra Points galore - an advertisement brainwash: "COME BUY FROM MY STORE!"
Where's the fun in that? Seems like a joke. Spamming ads that leave your pockets up-in-smoke.
If you conform you'll eventually go broke. Hope that bill doesn't give you a stroke.
This see-through scheme has achieved new ends. I promise you the true goal is much worse my friends.
They care about your money, not about you. Ragnarok 1 is a tool to fund Ragnarok 2.

I've been saying this same thing for awhile. They are doing everything they can to make more money. This game used to be "Free to Play" & now it's all about "Pay to Play". They started doing this long before RO2 but it was probably one of the reasons they started doing it. The same reason they did the merge to free up the other servers so they could use them on other games.

#161 arthurscience

arthurscience

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

choosing looks over efficiency/cost? tsk tsk.

*Slow Clap*
Seriously, props for putting that all in rhyme.

#162 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

didn't notice the rhyme :P *imagining how it would be if it was a song by eminem*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users