• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 513288414

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

so i miss alot as a mage.. is this normal? its really discouraging me from even playing. when the mob has 30hp left, and i miss my next 4/5 fireballs resulting in 2 HP pots having to be used. like.. my ranger DOES NOT MISS! what the hell.. and you cant tell me because they are too strong, because again my ranger does more damage.. change this missing issue my god..

#2 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Your God apparently hates you, if you miss that much! But yes, spells do seem to have an abnormally high miss chance.

And yet Sorcerers still do exceptionally well in DPS! Go figure.

#3 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

i am finding this to be a problem
forst driver>miss>varetry spear>miss>cold bolt> miss>cold bot> miss>cold bolt> hit> jupitel thunder> miss> jupitel thunder>miss, now i have no hp or sp and the single mob is killing me

so would dumping some points in agi fix this or just make more crits

Edited by 9780130512050549660, 16 May 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#4 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

thats why you need Rare or Epic items with Hit+
go dungeon runs to satisfy those miss hits else, stick with your normal gears and grind thru.

#5 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Get more HIT then. Make sure it is over 96% and maintain it. If it went below, get new gears.

AGI doesn't give more HIT. What gives you HIT as a Mage is INT. That said, more INT, more HIT and more raw damage.

#6 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

thanks flysteps :p_smile:

#7 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Since when does Int give hit? Did I miss something? Blue Equips with Hit on it give more hit ^^

#8 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

My bad. I have stopped playing RO2 ages ago, some information gets blurry. Just disregard my 2nd line from previous post, the first line is still can be applied.

#9 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

I have 98% hit yet frost driver misses at least once every 3 or so. It's really a game changer in pvp when it misses especially when you turned on instant cast... Just have to run around till fd comes back up. I can't count exact slot how many times I've fired a spear after fd misses on accident. It really sucks.

#10 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Ive noticed this I wonder if its a bug?

#11 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

It's not just mage, it's the same for melee. I 50'd a Beastmaster before starting my Wizard, and it wasn't uncommon to get 4+ misses in a row on mobs if they're not lower level than you. This was especially rofl for me when soloing a named mob and Cruel Bite would chain miss but still consume my beastpower ;_;

My buddy is leveling a monk at the moment as well(already has a 50 FS Priest) and he is experiencing the same problem. Chain missing 4-6+ times in a row with a 96% hit rate. Statistically it is possible, but extremely unlikely and shouldn't occur in the frequency it does.

On a side note, this hitting issue seems to only be in the world as far as I can tell. I've had 0 issues on my 50 beastmaster in Sandarman on both trash and bosses. No issues with Goblin Leader/Wanderer/etc either, just seems to be "trash" mobs in the world.

#12 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Back in SEA, 95% is the minimum value you should maintain. I wonder if they really buffed up the mob like the rumor said. Seriously.

#13 HawkPeft

HawkPeft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

When I first hit sorc i was missing all the time, but then i realized i was fighting spores which gave a horrendus debuff to hit. But even after i passed all the spore quests I still missed a stupid amount of time with 95-96% hit chance, and it annoyed me enough that i went and started my monk, and he misses so much more, he has 95.55% hit chance he its not uncommon for him to miss 3-5 times every single monster he fights, it's ridiculous and costing me a ton in food/pots.

#14 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

The spores/mushrooms family mobs are well known for their debuff. You will meet their family again in higher level. Another mob that close to them is Goblin family at level48 map. Not just missed but they also sturdy and hard to kill. Some other generalization you should consider

Mob type attributes
Demon is easily kill, weak overall, but they have high damage.
Humanoid is annoying, sturdy, hardly kill, but low damage and often crit. But note that their skills/spells sometimes overkill.
Animal is normal. Nothing special. Their attributes is between the demon, humanoid and plant.
Plant? (I forgot this name). Weak and easily kill overall but often skill debuff you that turned things in different way, which is annoying.

Applied both to regular mobs and boss. BUT It just generalizations. It is not necessarily true, some cases has their exceptions. Like having humanoid that possessed demon attributes etc

Most likely you get to miss attack when killing defensive mob like plant with debuff and humanoid.

Edited by flysteps, 17 May 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#15 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

The higher level the monster in relation to you, the lower your hit will be, even with the monster 1 level above you your hit could drop to 90-92%.

#16 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Your God apparently hates you, if you miss that much! But yes, spells do seem to have an abnormally high miss chance.

And yet Sorcerers still do exceptionally well in DPS! Go figure.

It's not just spells, it's all skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users