#1 Shiroishi

Shiroishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

That's it. Just a very charming and fun game to play. People get to serious about the games they play all the time and picking it to pieces by meticulously comparing it to games they enjoyed in the past.

If you ask me, I'm more than happy with the game right now and it can only get better.

#2 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

i agree 100%

#3 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I agree. I'm actually enjoying it at the moment, although its prequel was as fun if not more.

Eh, it's probably because I've never played WoW or other "generic MMOs"

#4 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

I hated alot of stuff about it but my main problem here was that it didn't feel user friendly as a beginner, and it took me awhile to figure everything out. Now it's all figured out, and I am addicted as hell. Honestly great game with some tweaking it could be just as good or better than its predecessor

#5 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

uh ... okay ...

#6 Guiltless

Guiltless

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Agreed! I played the original RO for 3 years and am very nostalgic about it, but I am still thoroughly enjoying this game in its own right, and plus seeing all the old stuff is a treat. I also played WoW for a few years and can see the huge differences between it and this game, both have their pros and cons.

#7 Shiroishi

Shiroishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I loved the original Ragnarok and I might have enjoyed renewal if I had played it, but the original RO as I remember it was an extremely unforgiving game in it's economy, combat and leveling systems. This game is a lot more user friendly and retains the same charm that the original had. With a bit of work, we could be looking at a long term thing here.

#8 Rozenkreuz

Rozenkreuz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

10/10 would agree again

#9 PoweredByRice

PoweredByRice

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:North American

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

The game definitely has a lot of potential, but there are still lots of bugs and other random things they need to still fix. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the game and I'm having a lot of fun, and this is coming from a person who has experienced almost all aspects of PvE/Raids right now. Another small tidbit is the music, it's not a big deal but I'm pretty sure most of the people who have played RO1 will agree that RO1 Music was way better than RO2.

Also looking forward to Colosseum and War of Emperium in the future. I can't wait to see the drama in War of Emperium =].

#10 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've played quite a few MMORPGs, and MMOSGs, this game outranks all the rest, hands down. I would even go as far as saying I'd give it a 100% rating. The only things I would like to see are a Marriage system, as those tend to be in high demand (though, looking at RO1 this will probably be added), and player housing, which you could have the option of turning into a player shop with increased capacity.

#11 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

The game could use some tweaks... there's no denying that. With that said, I really love the game. It's a lot of fun and I enjoy the story. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for it.

#12 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

RO1 was alot more diverse in the combat system in my opinion, and if they listen to alot of the user feedback (little things, like stopping .5m in front of the enemy instead of inside of them, adding elements, and undead effects like healing and what not) this game could be totally bad ass and have a sick combat system. So far though I enjoy solo grinding in this game, the community is generally nice. It isn't a grueling task to find a party in this game like it was back then, and it's even a nice little thing to have people partying with you just for a small amount of time to get a couple kharas or a miniboss done. The community is absolutely 100% better in this game, and I love how they made the party system so actively helpful. Couple of small things and this game is totally badass, cause it's already great and I'm starting to get comfortable with a two handed sword in my hands again. Watch out assassins, I'll be hunting y'all down in pvp just like I was back in RO1

#13 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

In my opinion...

RO2 obviously doesn't compare to the first one. It seems to be the more simplified version of the original RO with less grinding. It makes it more fun and easier to party up with players without having to worry about the level difference too much or years of grinding to catch up to a guild mate or friend... but at the same time it makes the game very linear and less immersive.

#14 Monchee

Monchee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationEast Mt. Mjolnir

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

And compared to the SEA version, this game's localization is a lot better, with little grammar corrections left.

#15 HawkPeft

HawkPeft

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

I love this game, I'm completely addicted to it. I played RO1 for many years and is my second favorite MMO, and even today it's still great. RO2 is a lot more of a generic MMO than I'd like from the sequal to RO1, but it's definitly got its unique features, and the biggest reason I like it more than some other generic MMO is because of my love for RO1.

There are plenty of bugs that need to be fixed and class balancing to be done, then theres the direction the cash shop is going in. It's far from perfect, but I still love it and I hope it turns into the true gem it could be.

I'm dieing for some WoE action, and am eagerly awaiting that update, but I need to find a guild first. Well, I guess I should pick a main, then find a guild, but oh well, WoE is still months away.

Edited by HawkPeft, 14 May 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#16 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

I just hope they add maps. Like it was said above, it is pretty linear and less immersive, great gameplay and community, but everything has its downsides. I hope one day they expand the world so that it requires a hell of alot more travel to cover 100% More dungeons, more fields, more towns, more classes. It all comes with time, Once upon a time I was a level 99 Swordman in RO1..... lol

#17 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

The thing is though, I feel people are expecting the content in RO2 to match the current content of RO1.

I mean, when RO1 first came out, we had no WoE. We had no Rebirth. No pets (I guess they're this game's mounts?) No 2-2 classes. And that, like others have said, it was insanely unforgiving in the sense that there was no"main" quest to follow.

I'll be interested to see where the game will take us in the future.

#18 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm having a blast too ~ ! I even started with a class I've never really played in any game before .^. No Regrets !!

#19 Ryouichi

Ryouichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

That's it. Just a very charming and fun game to play. People get to serious about the games they play all the time and picking it to pieces by meticulously comparing it to games they enjoyed in the past.

If you ask me, I'm more than happy with the game right now and it can only get better.

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. But come back and say this again after you experienced all the bugs that's included in this game. Let's take a poll. How many here have to log off and on at least once every time they play due to bugs? (^^ )/

#20 mikenogo

mikenogo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

The game will grow as time goes on, we don't even have pet system, and JUST implemented COLO/pvp system.
The raids and finding rare items,equips, cards, Having WOE, events, etc are going to keep us busy and by that time more stuff will be introduced as no doubt, this game thus far is a success.

#21 mikenogo

mikenogo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm somewhat in agreement with you. But come back and say this again after you experienced all the bugs that's included in this game. Let's take a poll. How many here have to log off and on at least once every time they play due to bugs? (^^ )/

The fact that people still play a lot and have fun even with bugs leaves me the impression that the game is something worth playing.
Imagine when they fix everything and add more contents :P
it will be fun!

#22 Ryouichi

Ryouichi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

The fact that people still play a lot and have fun even with bugs leaves me the impression that the game is something worth playing.
Imagine when they fix everything and add more contents :P
it will be fun!

I am praying that will happen soon. For that matter ...Large BagRes TimerDeath to AngelingDungeon queue fixSoon could be next year for Gravity though.

#23 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I wonder if rebirth will happen.

I can assume 3rd class will eventually happen, likely in a few years, once areas are made to allow for a raise in the level cap... or perhaps rebirth at 50 to unlock the new level cap and 3rd class.

Either way this game is awesome, and will get even better.

#24 Rozenkreuz

Rozenkreuz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

The only bug I've recently encountered is the one in the Divided Plains, with the invisible staircase. But even then, that wasn't so bad.
I only have one real complaint, the linear leveling. I'd like choices in which areas I wanted to level in, but I'm probably just too spoiled by WoW.

#25 sevenup

sevenup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Odin-Channel 20

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

I read alot of people saying negative things about the game. But to me, it's free, it's fun and I was waiting for RO2 to come out for a long time. Haven't played RO1 since 2004 and it's very nostalgic playing a very similar game and see all the old enemies in their new glory lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users