This game is awesome. - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

This game is awesome.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#51 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

But it's only your opinion that the game is bad, a lot of people love this game. If it's so bad then why are you still on the forums posting? What are you sticking around for?

RO syndrome: Let's see how bad it gets.

#52 Zeonsilt

Zeonsilt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'm not saying that it's BAD to be a wow clone, but if you copy wow and the rest of your game is still bad then there's something VERY wrong.

The only thing that bother me(aside from million beta bugs),is no PvP content in this game.(I mean PVP-motivated content,not a joke like Colosseum).There will be a minimum of 3-4 months before we get WoE.

#53 Shiroishi

Shiroishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

The only thing that bother me(aside from million beta bugs),is no PvP content in this game.(I mean PVP-motivated content,not a joke like Colosseum).There will be a minimum of 3-4 months before we get WoE.

Well that's another story, I'm willing to wait a good amount of time before true PVP content is released because like any other MMO, PVP is a very delicate thing to implement. As the classes are now, I can't see competitive PVP at all.

#54 Tsukura

Tsukura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

No point in arguing with this guy. Dude go play Monster Hunter. It's the only online game out there that isn't like any of these. It'll be a breath of fresh air, trust me

Mmm... Only thing I can think of to say to this... I HATE YOU ABYSSAL LAGICRUS! GIVE ME YOUR DYNAMO! *hacks away at it with dual swords*

#55 Skize

Skize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

But it's only your opinion that the game is bad, a lot of people love this game. If it's so bad then why are you still on the forums posting? What are you sticking around for?

I wouldn't say that people truly love this game. There's a good portion of players here that are:
1) Using RO2 as a stepping stone until something better comes out.
2) They like the game, but not love it. They'll play RO2, but will probably leave when something better comes out.
3) They like the game, but not enough to support it due it's many flaws, especially the cash shop.

I'm one of the players as #2 and #3. I like the game. It's decent at best, but amusing enough. However, after playing so many mmorpgs for so many years, I won't spend a penny on RO2 on the obviously planned to grab your money any way possible cash shop. I think Illana might be like me as well. Probably going to stop playing when games like Elder Scrolls Online get released later this year, etc.

#56 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

PvP will be a joke, ranged classes with VIP memberships and their 20% movement speed bonus will just dominate everything.

Unless they disable that in pvp maps but that's highly unlikely.

I stick around because even though I'm very blunt with my opinion about this game, I hope they make it better one day.

Games companies need to start realising that people will willingly pay money for a game IF IT IS GOOD. Not this current mentality of "how much money can we squeeze out of these losers with the least amount of effort?"

#57 KainHyrial

KainHyrial

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just wait until Noel comes out. PvP will be lol-filled.

#58 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

PvP is a complete joke. There isn't hardly enough skill variety to make pvp even interesting.

#59 Zeonsilt

Zeonsilt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Well that's another story, I'm willing to wait a good amount of time before true PVP content is released because like any other MMO, PVP is a very delicate thing to implement. As the classes are now, I can't see competitive PVP at all.

Yes,i'l wait too.In this current endgame ranged classes is too dominant compared to melee both in PvE/PVP (not in every aspect,but in most of them).

I wouldn't say that people truly love this game. There's a good portion of players here that are:
2) They like the game, but not love it. They'll play RO2, but will probably leave when something better comes out.

i'm in #2(if they will be slow /w updates).Only that i'm a big fan of RO1,playing it like for 4~ years(Priest/HP/Bishop).
Still waiting for Project R1 and Phantasy Star Online 2 news.

Edited by Zeonsilt, 14 May 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#60 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Sounds like RO1 pvp, except replace the world skill with class.

#61 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

There are a lot of people here who seem to be trying to convince the people that do love the game that they shouldn't and that just doesn't make much sense.

I've played a ton of MMOs, my favorite being Final Fantasy XI. That being said, I really do enjoy this game. It's a lot of fun. Have you tried any of the Aeria games? Those are a million times worse.

Every new MMO has issues, even the ones with monthly fees. I'm happy to play this game. I even got VIP and some costume boxes to support the game because I want to see it succeed since I enjoy it so much.

#62 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

1st to kill the prior post saying most people here that dont like the game havent played many mmo's thats a complete bias view because you dont know what people have played some people play this game because they like it end of story.  I like the game i work for mmosite, and I have played almost every mmo since UO so your arguement is irrelevant I think this is a great but that's my opinion, and other people will have theirs so lets try to keep the post's at why you like or dislike the game instead of making biased opinions.  I havent actually been addicted to a game since RF online went f2p, but I find myself not able to get off this game I cant wait until they add WoE, but I will have ot get a guild when this happens :P

#63 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Didn't RF online die?

#64 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

RO1 was easily the most painful grind I've ever had to put up with. I stopped playing long before renewal and I was always a solo player for my RO career. I can recall hours upon hours spent in just one little niche map or spot that suited my gear well enough for me to farm a few % to get closer to a level. Then updates came and I realized my spot wasn't viable any longer so I had to save up a few million zeny to buy the weapons or cards I needed to solo the new niche spot that gave the best EXP. Repeat these steps every content update for the 3 or 4 years I put into that game.

Now you have a game where the leveling is a lot more fast paced, the scenery and musical score are something to really admire. The dungeons are surprisingly well done(so far, for me anyway) the gear changing the way your character looks and feels, an awesome and very well thought out crafting system.

This game feels like RO1, while being current with today's MMORPG standards and is a highly enjoyable game.

It seems to me like if you don't like grinding, then maybe MMORPG games aren't for you. Because I can't think of a single one where grinding isn't a standard hurdle.

well, being a solo player in a massive multiplayer online rpg, its kinda always boring, and yes, ro always was and is a grindfest, and that is something i also didn't liked, but this was way before wow came out and the quest system become the law to most games of this genere, so bad you left the game before experiencing renewal, they add the turn in system, lower the exp tables, and make the game party focused to make it more enjoyable

about the grinding, i don't complain about the grind system itself, because almost all the games, not just rpg's, have some kind of grind system, and thats always have been since the nes/atari era, i complain about the mindless grinding, when you stand before a monster, and whitout moving, start spamming one or two keys til you kill it and repeat the process during the whole game, thats boring and you achieve nothing, and you have to do it because there is no other way

the key point its to make the grind fun, and there is a couple of games that have acheved this, when you actually have to move, dodge, parry and know when and where to attack the mobs and not just hack n' slash the whole game, that make you feel even if you fight the same monster over over again, each battle is always diferent

now returning to ro2, like i said before, one of the things i like was the Dungeon/raid system, because you always have to play whit people and you need to act fast against the bosses, and the graphips even if they are not high end, there cute, charming and colorfull, the craft system is good also, but nothing i haven't seen before

but this game hasn't today standards, like you said, this game looks like is from 2006-2007, and im really sorry but the audio is bland and the voice acting is horrible, sounds really fake, forced and cliche, so far i only liked the intro vocalization and the sograt desert theme, everything else sound generic

#65 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Love dat hair bro. No homo.

#66 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Didn't RF online die?

RF online died like 3 different times and now RF NA is just a huge Filipino player base

#67 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

RF online died like 3 different times and now RF NA is just a huge Filipino player base

My old korean version account didn't survive :(

still going to download it to see what its like now \o/

<3 futuristic mmos (EVE online is my main game)

#68 orphen223

orphen223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

well, being a solo player in a massive multiplayer online rpg, its kinda always boring, and yes, ro always was and is a grindfest, and that is something i also didn't liked, but this was way before wow came out and the quest system become the law to most games of this genere, so bad you left the game before experiencing renewal, they add the turn in system, lower the exp tables, and make the game party focused to make it more enjoyable

about the grinding, i don't complain about the grind system itself, because almost all the games, not just rpg's, have some kind of grind system, and thats always have been since the nes/atari era, i complain about the mindless grinding, when you stand before a monster, and whitout moving, start spamming one or two keys til you kill it and repeat the process during the whole game, thats boring and you achieve nothing, and you have to do it because there is no other way

the key point its to make the grind fun, and there is a couple of games that have acheved this, when you actually have to move, dodge, parry and know when and where to attack the mobs and not just hack n' slash the whole game, that make you feel even if you fight the same monster over over again, each battle is always diferent

now returning to ro2, like i said before, one of the things i like was the Dungeon/raid system, because you always have to play whit people and you need to act fast against the bosses, and the graphips even if they are not high end, there cute, charming and colorfull, the craft system is good also, but nothing i haven't seen before

but this game hasn't today standards, like you said, this game looks like is from 2006-2007, and im really sorry but the audio is bland and the voice acting is horrible, sounds really fake, forced and cliche, so far i only liked the intro vocalization and the sograt desert theme, everything else sound generic

Well a couple thing sint here are wrong the games graphics are todays standards at least engine wise it uses Gamebryo engine which is whats used for Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Fall out 3/ New Vegas and some other notable titles where as the old engine of the game which was built in 2007 used Unreal Engine 2.5 which was used in decently old game like America's Army and Killing Floor so that would had been way worse they are actually using a graphics engine that is capable of much more, and as for the voice acting and audio in general thats all about not being lazy right there, but agreed on the dungeon and crafting system

As for the RF post it is exactly the same as when codemasters had it except game campus does a good job with updates and are catching up to the other versions of the game which is good because it has a high player base now hopefully they keep it up.

#69 Skize

Skize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Oh god the voice acting. I think I died a little inside when young looking NPC's had the voice of an old woman, etc. It's like they didn't care that the voice obviously didn't fit a particular NPC, they just put it in there.

#70 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

The sad thing is I had high hopes for the sound when I first hit the login screen with that beautiful song playing.

#71 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

The sad thing is I had high hopes for the sound when I first hit the login screen with that beautiful song playing.

My sentiments exactly!

While others might not agree, I'm disappointed with the overall BGMs playing on the maps. They're not stunning at all and in a lot of cases simply B.O.R.I.N.G.

Ah how I miss the BGM from RO1... so much more variation.. D:

#72 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Didn't RF online die?

Still going strong on lots of Private servers, and while iRFO has more tagalog then the Philippines, it's still going strong... when ever planet wars come out I'll think of getting back into it again.

Then again I think me and my guild did a fine job ruling PoA, Epic, Olympic, and god only knows what else servers we had race leaders on.

I miss my +7 and +6 65 Grenade Launchers that melted D-Bros in a minute or so. :sob: (they were legit too)

#73 Shiroishi

Shiroishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Love dat hair bro. No homo.

Just a little homo

#74 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Still going strong on lots of Private servers, and while iRFO has more tagalog then the Philippines, it's still going strong... when ever planet wars come out I'll think of getting back into it again.

Then again I think me and my guild did a fine job ruling PoA, Epic, Olympic, and god only knows what else servers we had race leaders on.

I miss my +7 and +6 65 Grenade Launchers that melted D-Bros in a minute or so. :sob: (they were legit too)

i just remember getting to the point where I could deploy this giant stationary death cannon and then codemasters announced they were shutting down servers....

I think servers are down at the moment but cant wait to try it again after all these years muaha :3

#75 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

i just remember getting to the point where I could deploy this giant stationary death cannon and then codemasters announced they were shutting down servers....

I think servers are down at the moment but cant wait to try it again after all these years muaha :3

Gamescampus' currently hosting RF Online and they opened a new server called "Titan" a while back.

http://rfonline.gamescampus.com/

I too used to be an addict back in the CM days, till they decided to shut the servers down and all of my Force and Skill Lvling had gone to waste.

The new versions of RF Online all annoyed me, due to them handing out OP stuff right from scratch.. Who'd wanna use a Relic weapon with lvl 50 stats from lvl 1?

Not me at least.

Edited by Garlantec, 14 May 2013 - 11:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users