Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13 - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#26 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

did you ever think about a monthly payment so we do pay2play?

thats what VIP is for. they just need to make VIP better, pointless as it is now really.

#27 kwiqsilvr

kwiqsilvr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Questions:

1. Would Warpportal consider a dual spec system to provide players more latitude in their playstyles? Currently, purchasing a large amount of skill reset scrolls is frustrating and to some extent wasteful if a person wants to serve more than one role or spec for PvP versus PvE content. Offering the dual-spec system as a premium service may be a good alternative that could make up for fewer sales on skill reset scrolls. It is possible that people not in the market for reset scrolls may prefer instead a system for dual specing.

2. The Einjerjar fight in Arena, while not impossible, is certainly not being accomplished in the way it was intended to be completed. In my opinion, fighting a true party (tank, healer, dps) fight is a great concept, but the execution seemed poor. Does Warpportal have any plans to rebalance this fight so that it is possible to fight all five members of the Einjerjar boss fight at once?

3. In general, can you explain the communication process that occurs between Warpportal and Gravity? Many of the changes demanded by this community require Gravity's approval. It would be helpful to understand the process and have a general understanding of how long these requested changes may take before they can be implemented (if at all).

4. We discussed in our last Q&A the expected route for content releases. What are Warpportal's goals for June or the summer in general?

I look forward to the Q&A this afternoon and hope to learn more!

#28 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Njoror I hope you are joining us in the Q/A stream. Last time it was only heim and he seemed quite lonely.

I should be there this time.

#29 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

That would make the equips completely pointless to wear outside of pvp -_- These equips aren't meant to be used strictly for pvp, they are meant to be powerful anytime equips. I see people complaining a lot about how strong they are, but in reality they are hardly stronger than the abyss equips stat wise and they also don't give the big set bonuses. I don't see any need to change the pvp equips at all. With the later coming raids I am sure that there will be even better more powerful equips anyway. CoA isn't too far out either, so these equips are in no way 'too powerful for their time' as their time will not to be too long lived I feel.

When you have equipment that combines for about 15% damage and defense bonuses in PvP with stats, even if it's "hardly" better than CoA, it is more powerful than Hard mode Arena and Bapho AND it gives you enough stat bonuses that you wouldn't normally find until CoA (CoA accessories are equal at best to PvP Accessories). The most that can probably be done to redo the equipment is to scale its damage and defense based on your level (scaling). Wait till you see someone with a colo weapon and now watch how other players will have to work against it, it's not an easy task at all. When stats are normalized, it comes down to the equipment. Having a 300 attack bonus and 8% damage bonus on a player gets far beyond. I'm simply not in favour because it's an item obtained via PvP that can be easily used in PvE. Now if there were no equipments sold, the only demand for it would be for better items.

#30 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

my suggestion, please dont scam us whit $20 super large sized bags and just give us the normal large ones D=

Omfg, why does everyone keep saying this!! They have already submitted the request to change the super large bags! Everyone shush until we get further word!

Edit: Please read this thread before making further known complaints. http://forums.warppo...-as-of-5142013/

Edited by LemnzestManatee, 16 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#31 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Any chance of a DPS meter being created in-game, or is there an interface RO2 exposes so players can create one instead?

#32 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Please take out "Right Click-to-move". It's frustrating as hell trying to pvp with this on.

#33 tankerlink

tankerlink

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Please allow players to tab on to other players in pvp. It is exetrmely frustrating clicking on users with lag in the colosseum.

#34 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Please take out "Right Click-to-move". It's frustrating as hell trying to pvp with this on.

Something other than this feature at the bottom?
Posted Image

#35 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Questions:

1. Would Warpportal consider a dual spec system to provide players more latitude in their playstyles? Currently, purchasing a large amount of skill reset scrolls is frustrating and to some extent wasteful if a person wants to serve more than one role or spec for PvP versus PvE content. Offering the dual-spec system as a premium service may be a good alternative that could make up for fewer sales on skill reset scrolls. It is possible that people not in the market for reset scrolls may prefer instead a system for dual specing.

2. The Einjerjar fight in Arena, while not impossible, is certainly not being accomplished in the way it was intended to be completed. In my opinion, fighting a true party (tank, healer, dps) fight is a great concept, but the execution seemed poor. Does Warpportal have any plans to rebalance this fight so that it is possible to fight all five members of the Einjerjar boss fight at once?

3. In general, can you explain the communication process that occurs between Warpportal and Gravity? Many of the changes demanded by this community require Gravity's approval. It would be helpful to understand the process and have a general understanding of how long these requested changes may take before they can be implemented (if at all).

4. We discussed in our last Q&A the expected route for content releases. What are Warpportal's goals for June or the summer in general?

I look forward to the Q&A this afternoon and hope to learn more!

Seconding these.

#36 gathel

gathel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

sory out of topic but i have important question.

is indonesian player not allowed to play RO2 ?

i can't register trough warportal site

#37 Denji

Denji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Something other than this feature at the bottom?
Posted Image

Love you.

#38 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Please allow players to tab on to other players in pvp. It is exetrmely frustrating clicking on users with lag in the colosseum.

Following the screenshot: click "non-PT" targetting and you're good to go!

#39 tankerlink

tankerlink

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Following the screenshot: click "non-PT" targetting and you're good to go!

Yeah I realized after seeing the screen shot. Thanks!

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Okay, now that I've got that comment out of my system, here are my actual questions:

1. Are you ever going to offer costumes in the Kafra Shop outside the random box like how it was in beta? Keep the costumes and box prices the same so players have the choice to either buy the costume they want at a higher price or chance it with the cheaper random box. I really don't see why you can't do this.

2. Why is VIP character-bound rather than account-wide like how it is in RO1?

3. How far behind kRO2 are we in terms of updates? Is that gap going to be consistent?

4. Are there any plans to put NPCs inside of buildings? Kind of funny for the developers to say they want players to interact with the world more, yet the only buildings we can actually go into are the Auction House, the Prontera Chivalry, the Prontera Cathedral, and the Prontera castle. Why are there no inns and taverns in every town/village (or at all)? Why are all the NPCs standing outside when there's houses that could be made into explorable areas?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 16 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#41 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I just got a Pandora's Box from the low rank Colosseum reward box. How will I open it, if the Pandora Mallets have been removed?

#42 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Will player and camera movement controls ever go to the way original ragnarok game was cause the way it is now is frustrating. I have never liked using the W,A,S,D for movement. The camera moves way to fast and makes me more dizzy than anything. The curse RTS style doesn't really work for this style of game. The game seems fun but I really cant play with the way the controls are.

#43 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

When you have equipment that combines for about 15% damage and defense bonuses in PvP with stats, even if it's "hardly" better than CoA, it is more powerful than Hard mode Arena and Bapho AND it gives you enough stat bonuses that you wouldn't normally find until CoA (CoA accessories are equal at best to PvP Accessories). The most that can probably be done to redo the equipment is to scale its damage and defense based on your level (scaling). Wait till you see someone with a colo weapon and now watch how other players will have to work against it, it's not an easy task at all. When stats are normalized, it comes down to the equipment. Having a 300 attack bonus and 8% damage bonus on a player gets far beyond. I'm simply not in favour because it's an item obtained via PvP that can be easily used in PvE. Now if there were no equipments sold, the only demand for it would be for better items.

The thing is, the bonuses only apply for PvP, not against monsters at all but merely other players. It does give a great advantage against those without and makes it harder for others to get theirs if they are going up against people that already have them, so having two colosseums (one for players with the colo equips and one without, could be easily designed by having it look to see if the player has any colo equips in inventory or equipped, if so they go to the with and if not, the without) would be nice to see, but outside of PvP the raid equips will actually be more beneficial due to their set boosts such as hit, haste, vigor, and the crit boosts and such. I don't think the equips themselves really need to be changed at all, just possibly a way to keep from having a fully equipped PvP gear player fighting a bunch of players that have not yet been able to obtain them.

#44 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I just got a Pandora's Box from the low rank Colosseum reward box. How will I open it, if the Pandora Mallets have been removed?

Mallets are not removed, but just like the box, you must get it from the colo reward box. I got a pan box on one char and a mallet on another today lol.

#45 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

There was one other thing I came across that posed a problem in the Colosseum, the 'you must be facing the target' thing. This is a problem for all types, not just melee nor range. On my wiz I had an enemy running back and forth on me attacking to the point that I couldn't cast fireball at all, thus not being able to get any hits on him and dying without a possible fight. On my knight I have had it where my character continues running just past the enemy so it doesn't attack because they are now behind me. It also gets frustrating on the field, in dungeons, against mini bosses and world bosses, any time really. I think a change to have it automatically turn to attack would be a great thing. I mean, you are able to heal when someone is behind you, it automatically turns you around for that, so why not attack too?

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Will player and camera movement controls ever go to the way original ragnarok game was cause the way it is now is frustrating. I have never liked using the W,A,S,D for movement. The camera moves way to fast and makes me more dizzy than anything. The curse RTS style doesn't really work for this style of game. The game seems fun but I really cant play with the way the controls are.

You can do that right now. Check the Move to Click on Land option in your Game Settings and zoom your camera as far out as possible. Instant RO1-Style gameplay! (For extra security, erase all the shortcut keys for movement in your Shortcut Settings.)

Posted Image

#47 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

There was one other thing I came across that posed a problem in the Colosseum, the 'you must be facing the target' thing. This is a problem for all types, not just melee nor range. On my wiz I had an enemy running back and forth on me attacking to the point that I couldn't cast fireball at all, thus not being able to get any hits on him and dying without a possible fight. On my knight I have had it where my character continues running just past the enemy so it doesn't attack because they are now behind me. It also gets frustrating on the field, in dungeons, against mini bosses and world bosses, any time really. I think a change to have it automatically turn to attack would be a great thing. I mean, you are able to heal when someone is behind you, it automatically turns you around for that, so why not attack too?

... I'm at loss for words after reading this. May god have mercy on your soul.

#48 hongaun

hongaun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

I dont think the facing the target thing is a problem. In colo/pvp, it depends on ur skill & control to maintain the best position possible for yourself (you facing your opponents back). I'm a wiz user too, and I have found ways to actually ensure that I'm always facing the person I'm hitting. Well, there's always meteor shower if you get too frustrated.

However, a priest needing to select himself before he can heal is a problem here. After selecting yourself to heal, its very rare you able to select (Tab) back your initial target. All players should be treated as "Monsters" in this case, so when you heal it should automatically heals ownself.

#49 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

I dont think the facing the target thing is a problem. In colo/pvp, it depends on ur skill & control to maintain the best position possible for yourself (you facing your opponents back). I'm a wiz user too, and I have found ways to actually ensure that I'm always facing the person I'm hitting. Well, there's always meteor shower if you get too frustrated.

However, a priest needing to select himself before he can heal is a problem here. After selecting yourself to heal, its very rare you able to select (Tab) back your initial target. All players should be treated as "Monsters" in this case, so when you heal it should automatically heals ownself.

I'd say I'm surprised that theres nothing like a 'hold ctrl to self target' option but I'm not lol. We need more UI options.

#50 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

why large bags can not be looted from monster level 30++?
why dungeon<normal map in term of speed leveling?
how to fight einhenjar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users