Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13 - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#51 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

QnA, part two? I'll bite.
I'll probably wait until the day of to see which questions are answered, then think of good things to ask on the spot, but for now...

1.)What's our roadmap look like for future planned updates? Will things start to slow down once we catch up with kRO and all currently released content? or will we try to maintain the pace at which will be set at launch?

2.) Has there been any chatter on major UI work we can expect to see soon? What about fixing any of our current showstopper bugs?

3.) Is there a possibility to add more channels than the given 20? what sort of way will we be able to fight the coming future of server crowdedness?

4.) There's been a LOT of good suggestions and proposals posted over in the corresponding forum. Are any of these suggestions being considered? When it comes to deciding a not-too-distant future update, will the community be given a choice to vote?

5.) How well did the game's first couple weeks live up to your (WarpPortal's) expectations? Was the launch generally as well received as you would have hoped? Could it have been better?

6.) What sort of goals are you looking for come the end of the year? what about by the game's first anniversary?

7.) As mentioned in the last QnA, there were talks of implementing some system as an alternative to do instead of -JUST- leveling our characters from 50 to 60. Could any more details be provided on this?

I'm sure I could think of more.

Thanks, and hope to be there for the QnA!

#52 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'd say I'm surprised that theres nothing like a 'hold ctrl to self target' option but I'm not lol. We need more UI options.

F1

#53 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

F1

That changes your current target to yourself. What I'm talking about is a self-casting feature that's common in MMOs. By holding Alt while pressing a beneficial spell button would cast it on yourself without changing target.

#54 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I dont think the facing the target thing is a problem. In colo/pvp, it depends on ur skill & control to maintain the best position possible for yourself (you facing your opponents back). I'm a wiz user too, and I have found ways to actually ensure that I'm always facing the person I'm hitting. Well, there's always meteor shower if you get too frustrated.

However, a priest needing to select himself before he can heal is a problem here. After selecting yourself to heal, its very rare you able to select (Tab) back your initial target. All players should be treated as "Monsters" in this case, so when you heal it should automatically heals ownself.

The problem isn't so much that I can't turn around myself, but rather one of two things, or both at the same. I tend to have it show people in one spot and then jump to another, and this isn't a skill causing it, but rather my comp just not being able to keep up all the time. I think the main issue is the lack of ability to turn off effects, the crap ton of effects all going off at once slows my comp down to the point that thigns get choppy. And yes, I know upgrading my computer would help with that but I don't see why I should have to fork out the money to get a new comp when a simple disable effects option could very well fix the issue.

The other problem is during casting if someone runs through me it cancels my cast, which is a large cause of my deaths as I am unable to attack the enemy to kill them before being killed. I can understand people calling this all 'stratagy' but it is no more than calling throwing sand in someones eyes to blind them while you take them out stratagy, which I don't see any fun in. A lot of the turning and being able to follow people bit comes with how good your hardware is as well, not so much skill. There are things that can be done to make it more equal to those who have high end and low end comps. I know people will probably go talking crap about my opinions, but that is how people are so have at it.

#55 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

The problem isn't so much that I can't turn around myself, but rather one of two things, or both at the same. I tend to have it show people in one spot and then jump to another, and this isn't a skill causing it, but rather my comp just not being able to keep up all the time. I think the main issue is the lack of ability to turn off effects, the crap ton of effects all going off at once slows my comp down to the point that thigns get choppy. And yes, I know upgrading my computer would help with that but I don't see why I should have to fork out the money to get a new comp when a simple disable effects option could very well fix the issue.

The other problem is during casting if someone runs through me it cancels my cast, which is a large cause of my deaths as I am unable to attack the enemy to kill them before being killed. I can understand people calling this all 'stratagy' but it is no more than calling throwing sand in someones eyes to blind them while you take them out stratagy, which I don't see any fun in. A lot of the turning and being able to follow people bit comes with how good your hardware is as well, not so much skill. There are things that can be done to make it more equal to those who have high end and low end comps. I know people will probably go talking crap about my opinions, but that is how people are so have at it.

sir thats why games usually have minimun and optimal pc requeriments, if you dont want your game runs choppy, go system settings and set everything to minimum and disable shadow, sunligth and outfocusing effects

if your pc cant take it, upgrade it or play a less demanding game

#56 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

If possible I would like to learn more about medium to long term development of Ro2. I know that this is not 100% dependent on WP staff, but it would be nice if you prepare some information on this topic. Specifically:

1) This is a new game vs this game is 2 years old.
This argument comes up often in the forums. In previous Q&A it was suggested, that iRo will now become the main focus point of game development. Does that mean we can expect a rapid development of this 'new' iRo2? Or should we perceive the game as a more mature product, that has been on the Korean market for 2 years and will be developing at the same pace?

2) RO2 as a succesor of RO1
I would really love to hear some comments from the staff on this short review: http://forums.irowik...628&postcount=6 .
It is not totally out of the question for RO2 to live up to the name of RO1. Other than simple bug fixes it would require some major changes - a rework of a skill system, inclusion of some long term goals, player diversity. Are such changes on the radar or is the intention to expand in length rather than depth - by adding more raids, increasing level caps, etc.

Edited by Crow, 21 May 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#57 8212130504095551243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Can we get more music from Gate of the World in the future?
All of it was so good and went unreleased.

#58 shotter420

shotter420

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 20

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't Know if anyone has Asked this yet. But the Stairs in Divided(map) to get down to the Bugs is that supposed to be like that or will the Stairs get fixed?

Also was wondering if the Search was working for other People in the Auction House. Because Searching for an item even by name doesn't work for me at the Auction.

Thank you

#59 Swamps

Swamps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't Know if anyone has Asked this yet. But the Stairs in Divided(map) to get down to the Bugs is that supposed to be like that or will the Stairs get fixed?

Also was wondering if the Search was working for other People in the Auction House. Because Searching for an item even by name doesn't work for me at the Auction.

Thank you

This update will fix the stairs.

AH search is working - you just need to spell it correct ( UPPER & lowercase letters! )

#60 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Here are my questions:

1. You are already talking about WoE. What about the race Altar? Will they be implemented before WoE? (Since Soulmaker is the only class who unhides people. If there's WoE without Altar: What will you do about the Skill Hide?)
2. Colosseum Time: At your first Live Q&A you mentioned to choose a time which fits for Europe and North America. My timezone is CET/UTC+2, so Europeans can enter Colosseum at around 10pm and 3am. Do you think it's fair for Europe?
Why don't you open Colosseum every 12 hours?
3. At which time will WoE start and end? Also quite early in the morning around 1am for Europeans?
4. As already mentioned by many people: You are starting the next Q&A with new promises and new changes for the future. What happened with the promises/changes from last Q&A? (like DGN EXP, Ress CD, etc.). Isn't it better to fix problems we got now instead of getting more problems, is it?

#61 kitkatjenie

kitkatjenie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

Are there going to be any plans to tweak the current Super Large Bags in the future? I think it's a bit unfair to include a Khara challenge where you have to spend $60 only to receive a 20 point reward. At the very least if they were tradable like other bags or lowered in price they might be more appealing.

#62 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Going live in 6 hours.

My only question:
Where is HelVervandi?

Her pinned threads need updating. I hope she didn't get sacked.

#63 House

House

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUESTION: When a guild takes over the castle, will they be able to defend it every week to build "econ" on the castle like in RO1?

QUESTION: When will we finally be able to HIDE TEXT OVER OUR HEADS? (and I don't just mean guild names and guild titles, I mean my own character name and my title as well.

#64 House

House

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

QUESTION: Nerf Ranged Damage? Please?? XD

#65 Chimiko

Chimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Question #1:
How will you defend your castle? I mean in RO1 you defended your castles at warp's with massive AoE i can't see that happening since we really don't have the same warp portal system here.

Question #2:
In a grand scale WoE battle there are ALOT of people. Will you make it so that we can setup target after marks to focus targets? Using tabs or trying to click someone is going to be near impossible.

Question #3:
Im sure that i speak for alot of people here. The immense CC going down during a big scale battle like that is going to make it very hard for anyone to take a castle or even move into the "Emp room". Do you have any plans on how you're going to prevent people from sitting in CC's all day? Some form of diminishing return atleast. (this applies for colo aswell)

Question #4:
With all the assassin's and rogues around(well assassin's atleast) its going to be very hard for people to spot people sneaking past your defense. Are we going to have to have 5 people ON the emp at all time just to spam AoE to get people out of stealth?

Question #5:(unrelated to WoE)
The colo is a great fun thing to do to gain new PvP gear, BUT alot of us feel like colo is just about running around KSing without doing anything really. Are you planing on making some form of KS protection like the kill actually goes to the person that deals most damage to the character instead of the ranger who just popped up and shot a normal attack from 20 yards away?

Question #6:(unreleated to WoE)
While colo is something for us PvP:ers to keep our self busy with it doesn't really offer much other than a KS fest. Will we ever see the light of organized PvP groups/battlegrounds that will give us Blood Points(Other than WoE of course)? PvE:er's get their stuff from raiding together we only have colo and im sure there will be more instances comming up soon for the hardcore raiding PvE'ers.

Gameplay Improvments for Rogues:

Moonlight Drive: The animation is waaay to long as it is right now. It makes it more of an annoyance to use. We're already heavily crippled from being melee. We dont need to be crippled even more. PvE and PvP alike.
Suggestion: Increase the animation speed of the ability.

Mark of Death: The animation of this is way to long aswell, it also cancles your auto attacking, it is rather annoying when your trying to weaving. That's a DPS loss right there.
Suggestion: Make it so Mark of Death counts as an offensive ability and does not break auto-attacking

Smoke Bomb: Smoke bomb should remove all form of dots/cc's we have on us and make us immune to damage for like 0.5 sec. Call it WoW rogue's or not but people's dot's holds way to long we can hardly use it without going out of stealth 0.5 seconds later. It would also help us to get closer to a target. Right now we cannot do ANYTHING other than 1 ability when we're snared and we have no movement speed increases so we can't catch up with people
Suggestion: Give smokebomb a 0.5 damage immunity when hopping into hide also break all CC and removes all DOT's when doing so to increase the mobility of the rogue class.

Dirty Plan: This is problay the most annoying ability to use in Colo even considering how good it is. The "animation" and "Animation lock" needs to be removed from this ability. It hinders our "fast paced" gameplay button mashing style. I've died SO many times due to the stupid animation.
Suggestion: Remove the Animation and the Animation lock on your character completely from this ability.

Unstable Dopping: This ability is great don't get me wrong but the cost of keeping this ability up is way to high. The convert rate should be more up around 20~30% insted of 10%. It takes way to long to rack up the 30% attack power. Specially if you died in a fight or doing colo. Even with spamming pots. Also its VERY costly.
Suggestion: Increase the HP to ap convert rate to speed lessen the burden on rogues to always have to carry tons of pots to rack up 30% AP.

Edited by Chimiko, 23 May 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#66 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a bit!

Unions when?

#67 Owlsu

Owlsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Lol I just sat down all ready to go preparing to watch this event and then realised it's not for another 24 hours :(

#68 tabernacle

tabernacle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Some suggestions:
  • public announcement is annoying. Is there a point to this that many of us have missed? How do I get envy of someone getting a Phantom Cloak, when I don't even know what it is and what it can do for me? Perhaps that's why as one forum poster previously said, "I don't give two flying ducks about what people get". Maybe he would start caring four flying ducks when he knows what those items can actually do for him?
  • stairs at the Scar. Really, really need to fix this. I get tired of wasting a Butterfly Wing just to get out;
  • AH search function. Please allow case insensitive search;
  • Warp scrolls. Please make them purchasable by Zeny;
  • Stats / Skill reset scrolls. I feel there should be a discount for first time purchase. After all, when people buy these scrolls for first time, it's because they realized they were experimenting with skills. Once they reach Lv. 50, they would have a better idea for their builds. So it would be great if the first time purchase of these scrolls are significant cheaper. Even better idea: give us an one time quest that give these scrolls as rewards;
  • overall the gameplay is a bit too linear. Each map is an iteration of delivery from Points A to Points B, farm X number of monsters for Y number of loots. Unlock Khara quests and do more farming, while you wait for party invites but to realize there are 0 healers online. I'm almost Level 50 now and if end game isn't any difference from this, I need to find a new motivation to continue playing.
The following suggestions are specific to Knight class:
  • Shield Cannon. It's a great solo skill but not as great when you fight something harder due to the 3 hits combo combination. The combo could get interrupted and they could miss. So Aura Strike has been a much better choice for DPS purpose. Can the animation be speed up, or just make it into a 2 hits combo instead of 3?
  • Shield Bash. The Stun should work on Bosses. How frequent should be decided by one of the stats;
  • Shield Charge. After you charge at an enemy, you ended up behind the enemy. Shouldn't we stop at where we collide with the target (in front or side of it)?
  • Aura Heal. I have yet to talk to a serious Knight that take this skill seriously. So make this a serious skill please?

Edited by tabernacle, 22 May 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#69 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Keep the questions coming.

Alteris and I will be doing the Q&A tomorrow at 3pm PDT.

We will also be announcing the winners of our Attendance is Fun and Rewarding event, and be showing a trailer for WOE.

#70 YumeNoHikari

YumeNoHikari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Asiasoft recently introduced a cash shop item called "Emergency Bomb no. 99." It's a very cheap (works out to about 50 cents US) consumable that does 90,000 damage to a single targeted monster. Is there any plan to introduce such an item as this on NA?

(For the record, I'm really hoping NOT -- something that powerful even with a cooldown is pretty much a recipe for destroying the game.)

#71 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Asiasoft recently introduced a cash shop item called "Emergency Bomb no. 99." It's a very cheap (works out to about 50 cents US) consumable that does 90,000 damage to a single targeted monster. Is there any plan to introduce such an item as this on NA?

(For the record, I'm really hoping NOT -- something that powerful even with a cooldown is pretty much a recipe for destroying the game.)

No.

#72 YumeNoHikari

YumeNoHikari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

No.

Thank you.

Thank you.

THANK YOU!

#73 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Q: Can we get a picture of the dude (or dudet) who designed the Poring?

#74 Swamps

Swamps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Here are my questions:

1. You are already talking about WoE. What about the race Altar? Will they be implemented before WoE? (Since Soulmaker is the only class who unhides people. If there's WoE without Altar: What will you do about the Skill Hide?)
2. Colosseum Time: At your first Live Q&A you mentioned to choose a time which fits for Europe and North America. My timezone is CET/UTC+2, so Europeans can enter Colosseum at around 10pm and 3am. Do you think it's fair for Europe?
Why don't you open Colosseum every 12 hours?
3. At which time will WoE start and end? Also quite early in the morning around 1am for Europeans?
4. As already mentioned by many people: You are starting the next Q&A with new promises and new changes for the future. What happened with the promises/changes from last Q&A? (like DGN EXP, Ress CD, etc.). Isn't it better to fix problems we got now instead of getting more problems, is it?

to 1 > aoe dmg will unhide them :)

and i totally agree to point 4! fix that stuff already!

#75 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Instead of pasting my suggestions in here.. I'm going to post in the form of a Question.
Do you guys plan on putting any Permanent mounts in the cash shop as pure 'buy it now' items, instead of gambling items?
I've wasted quite a bit trying to get a perm rickshaw and I think I'm done gambling, since I never win.
Or permanent anything else for that matter? A great number of western players won't touch temporary items.
Do you even have any say as to what goes in the Kafra shop, or is that all Gravity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users