Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13 - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#126 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

This is very true, but there are always ways of improving on things. If there is nothing to be improved on, then there is no longer anything to be worked or played on and the project is finished. I am not demanding anything be done, I have just stated things that would be nice to have and could help people.

Of course there are things to always be working on. But things like this(optimization) It wont ever be "fixed" completely.

All they can do is fix the problems for the majority and let that go. Games like these arent the easiest things to work on. Fixing a simple problem can cause trouble in other parts of the game. So picking what to work on and what not to work on is usually based of that.

#127 1595130513201606067

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

So for the future there warpportal dudes. I suggest you have someone there that if nothing else is an expert on RO1. There were quite a few questions related to features in RO1 that you two were completely clueless about(as has been posted before). The 2nd suggestion I have for you guys is to actively select questions from these threads while having someone dedicated to picking up more questions from the stream to address during. This way we avoid awkward silence periods where you're trying to get a question from the stream spam(I also suggest limiting the stream spam). I'd hate to bring up another game/company but the developers of Warframe do something similar to what you guys are doing here, but have quite a bit more success and I might suggest that you look into their format and operation.

#128 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Make thread-
Ask people for questions-
Start Q&A-
Ignore thread-
GM Logic.

I just watched it right now and yea it did seem that way

Work on RO2-
Not know what transcendent classes are from RO1-
GM Logic.

EDIT: The first Q&A was very nice and well done. What happened?

"I keep hearing Transcendant jobs. What are those?"
"Uhh are they asking about new jobs we're gonna provide?"

>__<

Edited by inuko23, 24 May 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#129 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

"Uhh are they asking about new jobs we're gonna provide?"

>__<

I did brain fart on that question, yes.

We don't have any third tier classes planned this year, however.

There's still plenty of content to put out.

#130 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

To copy & paste from SeaRO2, you mean.

#131 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

You might want to look at the number of people playing RO2 (especially kafra shop paying members) and see what ratio of them played RO1. I'm guessing you'll find the number to be a significant chunk of the playerbase. I would also suggest coming up to speed on why RO2 Gates of the World failed. Then, get very familiar with what has made RO1 survive for a decade.

#132 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

ah, my >__< reaction was more because I thought back to when I came back to RO after a long time and someone asked me if I was going to trans my knight and I was like "what's trans??" :ani_swt3: so I understand your brain fart there. I probably should've said that in my previous post...

Edited by inuko23, 24 May 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#133 Swamps

Swamps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

To copy & paste from SeaRO2, you mean.

yes haha those are exactly my thoughts!
the crapiest server, just copy it gg ,... lol !

#134 scerviche

scerviche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Stream was "meh", just like the game.

#135 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Are there any plans for adult masculine males akin to the Assassin and Assassin Cross from the first game?

#136 SGraye

SGraye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

For the sake of those who were incapable of participating in the stream and/or have not, or cannot, watch the recorded version I have compiled a list of the questions asked and answered within such; all answers, save those denoted with (Alteris) were provided by Njoror. His responses are verbatim, in order to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation. To whit: these are his words, mates, not mine. Finally, all questions are displayed in the order they were received. If nothing else, this should provide a decent reference.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Will the level cap be raised?
A: "That not something we have planned in the immediate future. We still have plenty of updates with new content that we're going to be coming out with... Union quests, War of Emperium, the Noel race, different stuff like that. So, level cap, sure, will be coming, but not something that you'll see soon."

Q: Super Large Bags?
A: "Yeah, so there's a Khara mission right now... um, that requires Super Large Bags and we heard the community saying that they didn't like the, uh, how expensive the requirement was for that mission. Uh, we brought it up to the development team and we're looking for a fix or workaround for that."
Followup: "So, you think it might be just like Large Bags or something?"
A: "...it's either going to be a different bag type or Super Large Bags might be easier to... to get. We haven't really decided on what that's going to be."

Q: Will Angeling icons be removed or removable?
A: "Yeah, we're definitely looking at a way to either toggle the Angeling off or have it smaller for you so your entire screen isn't crowded by the VIP Angeling."

Q: What about names? Can I turn off my own nameplate?
A: "Yeah, we definitely actually brought that up to the development team and we're working on a toggle so that you can turn off your own character name."

Q: When are we getting Unions?
A: "Um... Unions will be the next big update that we do. We're currently testing Union quests and that whole thing. You should see it coming the next couple weeks or so."

Q: Any change to the Assassin's Shadow Form?
A: "I've definitely been looking at the submissions that people have been posting on the forum, through the Proposal and Suggestions forum, and I've brought that up to the development team. Um... those screenshots that you guys have taken, of what you would prefer, or the, uh, photo-editing you guys have done to kind of give us an idea of what you're looking for really do help so, please, do keep submitting those... for Shadow Form or anything else you think should have changed."

Q: Rez timers? Any chance of a reduction in the cooldown time?
A: "One of those things we're constantly looking into is, uh, we don't want the game to be... um, too difficult for our players... we don't want them to... especially with rez timers... um, feel that the cooldowns are way too long. So, those types of things we're always looking at manipulating or changing to better fit our player's playstyle."

Q: The Noel race? When can we expect to see it?
A: "Uh, yeah, that will be coming as well. Uh, we're looking at a Summer release for the Noel race, plus the two classes that come with it. It will be coming after the War of Empirium, so don't expect that before then."

Q: So, what about the War of Emperium?
A: "...we are currently working on WoE, we're getting the details hammered out and we're testing it. Um... so that we can get it all ready for you guys when it comes out."

Q: Anything concerning costumes?
A: "So, costumes... I couldn't see the question, but we actually are, uh, working on new costumes to bring to this version of Ragnarok 2. Uh, they'll be costumes that might be familiar looks to you and they'll be costumes that are, uh, newer looks that we are working on bringing out."

Q: What about the pet system? The DNA mechanic?
A: "Um, so, that would be something that is on our schedule. Um... we don't see it coming till probably later summer. [...] But it is something that is on our radar and we are planning on releasing."

Q: Any improvements to the Dungeon Finder?
A: "Yeah, so there's a couple of things, uh, uh, a couple of major issues that is going on with the Dungeon Finder right now and a couple of features that we want to introduce that you guys have asked for. Umm, a lot of people are experiencing an issue right now with Dungeon Fighter... Finder! Where they hit the enter dungeon button but, uh, they're dropped out of, um, the... uh, server. All the NPCs around them go away. It's definitely a major issue that we're looking to fix.
"Um, we also want to bring in an extra feature for Dungeon Finder where you're able to... um, search for specific dungeons when you queue up for that... um, also fixing the issue where you are not teleported to the dungeon or into the dungeon because your group may be in combat at the time. Um, there's a lot, there's a list of Dungeon Finder, uh, fixes and new features that we're working on right now to help that out."

Q: Steam has been causing issues with RO2. Any help?
A: "Yeah, so, there's, there's been, um, some issues that we saw with the release of Ragnarok 2 on Steam, mainly people trying to get their account set up properly through Steam, uh, and, uh, a couple people bringing up workaround solutions for that.
"We wanted to tell you that the way you're supposed to play Ragnarok 2 through Steam is by creating a... an account through Steam. Ummm, if you try and use your WarpPortal account with your Steam version, uh, you're going to see some issues down the line. Um, some of those we've already seen with people trying to get Kafra Cash and not receiving it or not receiving the right amount that they're trying to get. Um... but we also have some things planned for Steam, we have some special, uh, boxes and packages that we're trying to get made and released for that community."

Q: Colosseum imbalances, will they be addressed?
A: "...yeah, we're looking at different imbalances and, umm, discrepancies that we see within Colosseum, in relation to the classes, and we want to make sure that players playing the Colosseum, uh, don't have an unfair advantage or disadvantage... um, so we're... we're constantly looking at changes and things that you guys bring up on the forums about, maybe certain bugs or imbalances that you've seen in the Colosseum. We're, we're getting them sent over and trying to get them worked out."

Q: Why were Explorer Potions removed as a usable item in the Colosseum?
A: "Uh, yeah! ...so, the Explorer potion, um, was causing a bit of an imbalance, definitely. Uh, basically it was, was replenishing 80% of your health every, um... I think eight seconds, in the Colosseum. So a, uh, person that had a whole stack of those in their inventory could effectively... stay alive pretty easily.
"We were looking at a fix, um, for that, that was different. Uh... the reason that we removed them from being able to be used in the Colosseum was kind of a... a last-minute effort before the patch in order to get a, some kind of fix in there, ummm, while we can work on maybe bringing them back in a different... with a different cooldown or a different type."

Q: Will you be adjusting or adding new times for the Colosseum to allow players in other timezones to enjoy them? Oceania and the like?
A:
"For the different timezones? Definitely, we've heard that. We would love to add another timezone right now, ummm... we're kind of going back and forth on it. Uh, the real issue is if we add another timezone, um... more players will have the ability to get Blood Points at different times... uh, that, you know, players might be able to take advantage of all three times... is the worry and we don't want to have to adjust... uhhh, costs of, uh, PvP equipment or anything like that, because of that.
"So, yeah, it's definitely something that we're looking at, at trying to get in there, we just wanna be able to, uh... implement it the correct way."

Q: How about new ways to earn Zeny at level 50?
A: "So... umm, that's something we're taking into consideration, uh, the next update will bring in Union quests, so there will be that for you guys. Umm... I definitely have felt the hurt trying to maintain my crafting, uhh, at level 50, so, it's something that I have, uh, on the... uh, I guess the schedule? To, uh, get looked at and see if we can do anything for that."

Q: Tab-targeting is touchy, at best, any work on adjusting it?
A: "We're looking into the targeting issues, we're looking into, umm, players saying that the hitboxes aren't exactly the way that they feel they should be. Umm, we want it to feel comfortable when you're, you know, selecting a target, we don't want you to feel frustrated... um... so, definitely."

Q: Any work on creating a visual aid to denote monsters that have already been tagged (attacked) by another player?
A: "Yeah, we actually recently talked with the development team, uhh, and we want some kind of visual indicator, for players, if a monster is already tagged by another player, uh, and they won't be able to get loot from that monster. We don't know exactly what that's going to look like, right now, but that, uh, will be something that's coming out."

Q: What about the marriage system?
A: "Marriage system, ahh, like the DNA pet system, is coming, it's just not one of the priority things that's going to be happening... soon."

Q: What about the next raid dungeon?
A: "The new raid dungeon should be coming out... around the same time as WoE."

Q: Will players who are not in your guild be capable of helping you in WoE?
A: "They will not be able. It will be a guild-only siege event."

Q: Can guilds create an alliance to participate in the War of Emperium?
A: (Alteris) "It's like, pretty much guild-versus-guild right now."

Q: Rideable Beastmasters?
A: (Alteris) "No, I don't think you'll ride your friends, guys."

Q: How many castles in WoE?
A: "There's one main... defensible, uhh, castle at the end that you'll, that you'll be defending. Uhh, there's different, uh, stages inbetween where, uhtz... you can utilize siege weapons in, in order to... uhm, get rid of the other team."

Q: Are the Noel classes strictly for that race?
A: "I believe so, yeah."

Edited by SGraye, 26 May 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#137 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Sticky this plz ^

#138 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

why lol, 90% of that was answered in the last Q&A.

#139 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Q: Any change to the Assassin's Shadow Form?
A: "I've definitely been looking at the submissions that people have been posting on the forum, through the Proposal and Suggestions forum, and I've brought that up to the development team. Um... those screenshots that you guys have taken, of what you would prefer, or the, uh, photo-editing you guys have done to kind of give us an idea of what you're looking for really do help so, please, do keep submitting those... for Shadow Form or anything else you think should have changed."

We don't want another replacer! We want to see our characters! Assassin in RO1 wasn't about a dumb transformation. It was an assassin! You're killing the nostalgia for us and that is 90% of the reason some of us play.

#140 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Cliffs Notes on that whole transcript: "We read the forums a lot, we take note of your suggestions, we're asking about them, but we can't really do anything about any of it ourselves, so we really don't know what's going to happen, but we're trying."

#141 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

So what was the problem anyway? Did you guys forget you had these questions already ready due to your technical difficulties? Were the questions asked here too 'sensitive'? Were there too many here so you just went with the chat on the livestream? I'm not mad but curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users