A suggestion for suggestions (clarification request) - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A suggestion for suggestions (clarification request)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Melony

Melony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Someone brought up a very valid point to me that I'd like a bit of clarification on. Since as we all know the majority of content is being produced and distributed via the kRO2 developers, I was curious as to how much power the GM's here have to change things?

The person I was speaking to seemed to be under the impression that most suggestions here are probably impossible as the GM's likely only have a set amount of variables that they can change, and would not be able to simply implement new content.

That being said, this is more of a question pertaining to this section of the forums. Exactly how much can really be changed, and to what degree? I know this is a very broad question that would likely require a very broad answer, so I'll try to break it down.

Can models be changed?
Can skill mechanics be changed? (not in the sense of making an attack stronger, but changing the way it works)
Are their things that can NEVER be changed? (i.e. things the kRO2 developers maybe will not allow?)
Can items be added?
Can game mechanics be changed? (i.e. a tweek to elements)
Can items/cards/gear be modified to do something other than add stats? (i.e. grant skills)

I mostly want to ask this because I feel like there are a lot of suggestions here that may be out of the realm of possibility, and it would be kind of nice to have a neat and handy outline from the GMs as to what suggestions are really relevant and possible and which are simply just fairy tales

#2 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

We can suggest and bring up many things that are here.

However, not all suggestions are equal.

For example, you want a toggle for the Angeling icon above your head when you have VIP active? A simple fix that will need a patch.

You want to be able to ride a flying Poring around the skies of Prontera? This might take a while, and may never happen.

The best idea for suggestions is to search this forum for an idea you have, and contribute to that thread. We tend to gravitate towards more popular threads, and will respond to those.

#3 Melony

Melony

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thank you for the quick response! I hope people do heed your advice as I see a lot of the same suggestions over and over and over (assassin shadow form, please turn off the announcements, etc)

#4 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I think this might need a sticky on it to keep it at the top.

#5 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think this might need a sticky on it to keep it at the top.

I agree, this is a good advisal for all suggesters.

#6 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Bump for sticky

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic