iRO classic - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

iRO classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#26 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

GUYS NO LAG TODAY! GREAT WOE!

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

char server = crap

#28 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

If it dies it dies. The GMs -_- up.

I dont think you understand, Heim said if Classic was a failure it would be the fault of the community.

I have some serious issues with the state of the server, a few people in this thread (mostly Xellie) have summed it up pretty well. With Oda away it's very hard for us to feel like any of what we say gets listened to (although you've been doing a pretty good job in his absence Campitor, thanks!) and when he does pass things on he returns with disheartening statements like "We're not going to put area spawns in because griefing will increase ticket numbers".

The beginning of this server held a lot of promise, we sat down on the day of the launch with like 15-20 people and making all these huge groups with all kinds of classes. Loved the old maps, loved the base rates and then everything sorta got lost along the way. I've got no real issue with extending the expansion towns and classes, but as Xellie said they have to be handled in a good way and I dont feel like we've had good job of it so far.

It's hard for the GMs I think because their classic experience was different from most of the people here speaking up on the forums and the current classic experience is nothing like either of the two groups remember. For the most part we want to grow the server, make it more attractive for people to play and be able to get everyone involved in things. Right now it's hard to talk up the server to anyone interested in playing, one of the guys I played on Valk with recently asked me if I was still playing Classic and if he should start playing....It's really hard to encourage him to play because I'm not sure there's any real way I could actually play with him besides leech a character of his to a decent level then let him fend for himself because there's no real payoff for grouping with anyone.

We would like to feel heard, we would like to see change and we would like to see the server become more successful. What can we really do besides write lots of words on the forums?

#29 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

The GMs of late seems to have decided that RO is not worth investing time into and have decided to promote RO2 instead. I wonder when they will realize that RO1 is their cash cow and that they have to stop and feed it once in a while :(

I do wish they'd see sense but that's a pipe dream.

Sad to say this,but RO2 is netting hella money currently.The game will only net more once the CMs get more relayed info to the GMs of RO2.All the playerbase is waiting for is a little cooperation from kRO and the GMs and I think RO2 will replace RO1 as the cash cow.I mean,hell,I was in their forums and ingame there and I saw a lot of people I knew from a long time ago who had quit RO1,just because they got tired of it.

#30 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Take a look at the result of todays WoE.

http://choobs.org/classicwoe2/index

2ez got 7/10 castles. This is a joke, and shouldn't have happened.

Something needs to be done to improve the WoE population (reduce castle amount? change woe time?)

Edited by cybernetic, 17 May 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

RIP server

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Take a look at the result of todays WoE.

http://choobs.org/classicwoe2/index

2ez got 7/10 castles. This is a joke, and shouldn't have happened.

Something needs to be done to improve the WoE population (reduce castle amount? change woe time?)

You do realize that we had people to fight! (and mvps too)

I assume you guys were never threatened and nobody wanted to fight you? I know this isn't a place for guild drama, but this is a huge portion of the problem.

#33 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

i wanna fight cyber

#34 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

You do realize that we had people to fight! (and mvps too)

I assume you guys were never threatened and nobody wanted to fight you? I know this isn't a place for guild drama, but this is a huge portion of the problem.

Well if you want to let us take this many castles "as apart of the plan" then by all means. But I can't imagine this being healthy for the server if we can take this many castles.

Let's hope next week more people decide to stop us?

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

nobody wants to, don't you get it?

#36 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Delusional. We got that because the server can't populate WoE 2. Everyone knows it. Awaiting Hayroh's WoE video to see what qualifies as a "fight".

#37 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

nobody can, don't you get it?

fixed

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hayroh isn't in VH anymore.
edit: before you guys flap your egos, think who you're talking to. I used to smash into insur repeatedly even with no chance of winning. I used to try to rally the server up vs insur... so I mean really.... if I really wanted to see you guys broken, don't you think some kind of alliance would have taken off?

The truth is other leaders have very little interest in such a thing, maybe they're taking a page from insur.

Edited by Xellie, 17 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#39 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

wat

#40 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nobody wants to fight, thats fine. We can take all 10. We should have left 1 person in our main econ and used the other half of the guild to secure all of valf. You dont get to choose your battles in WoE.

#41 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Please dont get this locked with pointless guild drama.

#42 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I dont think you understand, Heim said if Classic was a failure it would be the fault of the community.

I have some serious issues with the state of the server, a few people in this thread (mostly Xellie) have summed it up pretty well. With Oda away it's very hard for us to feel like any of what we say gets listened to (although you've been doing a pretty good job in his absence Campitor, thanks!) and when he does pass things on he returns with disheartening statements like "We're not going to put area spawns in because griefing will increase ticket numbers".

The beginning of this server held a lot of promise, we sat down on the day of the launch with like 15-20 people and making all these huge groups with all kinds of classes. Loved the old maps, loved the base rates and then everything sorta got lost along the way. I've got no real issue with extending the expansion towns and classes, but as Xellie said they have to be handled in a good way and I dont feel like we've had good job of it so far.

It's hard for the GMs I think because their classic experience was different from most of the people here speaking up on the forums and the current classic experience is nothing like either of the two groups remember. For the most part we want to grow the server, make it more attractive for people to play and be able to get everyone involved in things. Right now it's hard to talk up the server to anyone interested in playing, one of the guys I played on Valk with recently asked me if I was still playing Classic and if he should start playing....It's really hard to encourage him to play because I'm not sure there's any real way I could actually play with him besides leech a character of his to a decent level then let him fend for himself because there's no real payoff for grouping with anyone.

We would like to feel heard, we would like to see change and we would like to see the server become more successful. What can we really do besides write lots of words on the forums?

Mostly who? Ms. Loud Mouth?

#43 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Can't say I brought any guild drama here other than "2ez should not be able to take 7/10 forts".

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I also got news today of another guildleader quitting... and it's actually quite a blow to woe 1 =/

#45 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well if it's nost servers done for

#46 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Okay lets stay on topic here,

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

So far what I have taken from the thread is as follows:
1. Biolabs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

#47 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

I hope that answers 100% of your doubts and questions.

The only thing RO2 has over 1 is instanced dungeons and a less traditional "grind". Everything else falls flat.

#48 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

1. Biolabs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

NO more renewal items. Implement 13.2 content.

Edited by Magefist, 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#49 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

1. Yup.

2. I'm not sure if we can find a proper middle ground, I understand why there's an interest in account binding gear. But as of right now the kinds of things that are being bound are wildly inconsistant (for example, Morph Set, Morriganes Set, Valkyrie stuff. Two of these are vastly less important than the third) and it's a little frustrating. There's no reason for people to put cards in the super great end game gear because then you cant put it on any other account you own never mind lending them out to friends or guildmates. I'm sure some more creative people than I might have some alternatives though.
Edit: What about something like the god item system, have maybe a dozen items that will bounce back to an owner after a month or so but are tradable etc. That way things can be carded and used by a wider range of people but if that person quits or gets banned the items go with them (this is probably awful to implement and not that well thought out but it's better than nothing)

3. I'm not really sure about this either, we really liked some of the maps that got created by going through and modifying the spawns, it'd be nice to get these back and the lists of maps have been posted pretty regularly in the patch notes thread.

4. This I think is the key point. Many people want Biolabs area spawns for this, it's a method of leveling that gets better the more people you bring along and encourages party play. TKMs are another, they increase exp gain when you add more people to a group. Thors also has potential for group play. The ability to gain equal or greater exp in a group over someone soloing (eg AL3 with a LK) is what is going to encourage people to group together.

Edited by Themes, 17 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#50 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

A lot of people seem to want old school style turn ins. Item Turn ins / Kill turn ins.

WoE Times seem to be a big issue.

Rachel / Veins / Nameless / Endless Tower are a must.

Reversing the way gear binds. So that you may bind it if you choose but it is not that way originally.

AL3 / ID3 events are a double edged sword. Its awesome for a week, but it kills the gametime in between them. Love them, hate them.

BG event was great. Going on too long for my taste. BGs will be dead when it goes away, in fact it is dying. When the event goes away add new items to encourage continuous action.

Hesitant to suggest MvP summoners... but it does get small groups together. ET is a much better substitute.

Fixing WoE is up to the players really. They can complain all they want about how it should be but in the end its about not willing to step up and do what needs to be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users