iRO classic - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

iRO classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Okay lets stay on topic here,

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

Fix that server problem.... that will go a long way. Ban some abusive players. Clean the server up.

So far what I have taken from the thread is as follows:
1. Biolabs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

Yes, make sure the map is even distribution. Honestly, stair spawn wizzies aren't horrible, they'd bring less grief than minivalks.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

euRO had a kafra PIN number security system. If there is any way you can make something like this happen, it would solve it.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

A lot of this talk about "old content" centers on things like instant spawn HWs in bio, not the actual maps itself. A lot of us are looking forward to thors/nameless and endless tower. TKMs need to be put in, keeping them out doesnt make sense.

Some of the map changes were good, but that is covered in another thread

Spoiler

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

See the above changes for some ideas.

#77 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Say that to their huge playerbase...

A lot of people there actually didn't like the way renewal was setup,so they left RO1 for reasons involving that.
I can see that you don't really care for the game,but sad to say that there are numerous amounts of people interested in it.I mean,you don't see Heim posting and doing live Q&As for the status of the Classic and Renewal Servers anymore,now do you?I can already see where both Classic and Renewal are headed.

As part of that playerbase, I've become disillusioned very quickly by how every area follows the exact same progression. Toss in the poor SEA Translation and you've got some really bad Engrish and the same quests with different names.

#78 Godly1

Godly1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hemp Says:

On valk hemp traded bryns and asprikas for an approxmate equivalent of 300,000kp++. Im pretty sure hes ok with farming those castles. Especially when he can defend 2 castles all woe without losing hardly anything and spending minimal supplies.

I think its in the best interest of GMs to change something about the WoE times for the good of the server!

#79 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

I certainly agree, definitely if hemp intends on becoming the Vu of classic, farming woe 2 god items till the end of time :D

Edited by Hrishi, 18 May 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#80 OnMyWay

OnMyWay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:RIP Classic? =D

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

euRO had a kafra PIN number security system. If there is any way you can make something like this happen, it would solve it.

I thought GMs also didnt want ppl to be able to voluntarily hand down equipment when they quit the game thats why they wanted to bind stuff. if they are just wanting to protect from hackers,etc, then just auto lock accounts which have been inactive for a set amount of time? kafra pin would work too, a lot of pservers and official servers have that feature =D

Now as for the topic itself.

On this server there is nothing interesting to do outside of WoE.

MVP? Gets tiring and boring if its repetitive... plus its hard to sell MVP loots these days, no one wants to buy them anymore. Why? No new people! No one needs these gears anymore except for the drops of high tier bosses/MVPs (Mini valk/Randgris/Bio 3).

Leveling/PVM? No one to do it with. Soloing gets boring way faster than having another person in your party. And if I wanted to lvl really fast these days I'd probably just buy off a leech from those LKs selling it for 1.5z/1exp AL3 =P

Hunt loots/important materials to make money? ................And compete with bots? No thx.

PVP? It's dead. lawl.

BG? I've realized BG here isn't actually for fun-its for farming, nothing else. People aren't enthusiastic to fight. As mentioned previously only a few ppl actually use their supplies in BG, most just afk or just walk to enemy base and hit their food storage like robots. I admit I do it too whenever I play BG, but it's only because I find it futile to even fight when the rest of my team doesn't want to =(

Hell, even the WOE population has decreased drastically. I haven't participated in WoE for quite some time but looking at castle results... anyone can tell the WoE scene is just horrible. T_T There used to be a lot of guilds fighting, but look at WoE1, even WoE1 participants decreased already. What happened is guilds lost their members and the remaining ones joined bigger guilds instead. Now we have less than 10 active guilds and some of them are even allied.

What's left to do?? AFK/tab while in town OR JUST LOG OUT and exit the game. The latter is more reasonable tho. Save yourself some RAM!

My suggestions:

1. Hold WoE events when the population goes UP. or maybe u can even use this as a motivator to make ppl ally up and play woe again. Campitor I sent u a pm regarding this as it might not be allowed to post links to certain sites on this forum.

2. We need a more newbie friendly environment. So low level Turn ins (Hodes, etc.) might actually work just as the others have suggested

3. Have a separate WoE day for Rachel castles and Juno castles. There were only 4 guilds who participated last WoE2. 10 castles = too much.

4. something to attract new players (either really new or people from other servers, we dont really care now do we) AND make them stay. this is what we really need. MORE PEOPLE. Can't think of anything right now to make that happen, but maybe some other ppl can. anyway i will post later once i think of something! =D

#81 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Add the WoE Supply exchange Please where we used to be able to trade junk fort drops for WSS and other supplies. Guilds are having trouble selling junk loot. Putting the exchanger in might reduce the amount of ppl buying botted supplies

Time for More slotted Mids~!

Edited by Sackof, 18 May 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#82 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Okay lets stay on topic here,

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

So far what I have taken from the thread is as follows:
1. Biolabs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

Personally, I was turned off by the reset stone requirements. A lot of my old guild came back to the game, but between the rental gears and reset stones they ended up quitting a month or two into the server. It might be worth looking into the old Valk turn-ins as well. It would at least help promote partying on some of the maps.

#83 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

I hate when previously free aspects of the the game become a VIP aspect or paid access in some way. For something as basic as classing up you need to pay? Thats obnoxious. The f2p model should include the game in its entirety, the way it used to be. VIP should be VIP. It should only serve as a bonus. Not a subtraction of content and remarketing it as a VIP feature. Marriage is a basic function of the game, f2p its now a paid function. You subtract content and then call it VIP when the game was designed with it being a basic function.

#84 ggomg

ggomg

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

I was personally shocked that I had to pay to class up. I mean, come on gravity :|

As scuba said, I dont FEEL like VIP --- for having to shell out the money for it.

#85 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

I think classic needs more content. I understand that part of the reason why everything takes so long to come out is because they want to take the time for classic to grow and extend interest for as long as possible (since when all the updates come out - there's nothing left for pre-renewal and that might end the server right away, but it shouldn't be thought like that). There's a lot of items, equipment, cards, content, maps, monsters that are missing from the pre-renewal experience to make it very lackluster compared to renewal. Renewal has a long history of a diversity of items and equipments (yes, mostly through lucky boxes and things), but that's kind of what makes classic left behind. It only has a fraction, a small fraction of what renewal has in terms of content and items. I hope there can be more work and attention to classic to continuous add items and updates when possible, but that's pretty idealistic isn't it

#86 fr0stn0va

fr0stn0va

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

just trying to milk every last penny before closing the server

#87 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

I don't think the GM can do much at this point, maybe if they listened to the playerbase before (there have been heaps of valid suggestions ignored), they could have made it work. But look how decayed the server is already.

#88 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I don't think Oda/Heim cared much really. They only cared about the boxes they put in the kafra shop. Oda ignored the account bound items complaints.

#89 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

I guess I'll chime in.

Immediate Changes that would help
​21-5-13 Maintenance should do the following:
  • Add in Thors Volcano with no spawn changes (no need to spotlight it, let the Rachel spotlight run for its two weeks, then add a Thors spotlight)
  • Remove binding on gear that has been out for over a month (I believe this would be everything)
  • Add in a couple of headgears (idc if they're kafra shop) that'll add some variety to the WoE scene
  • Reinstate the area spawns in Biolabs
Continued Changes
  • If you must bind gear, do not keep it bound for longer than a month (at the absolute max. 2 weeks would be preferred)
  • Add useful headgears into the kafra shop, box or not. We've received... what? Skull Cap, Holy Marcher, Dress Hat, and Evil Marching Hat. Those are the only really good kafra top heads we've received in nearly a year of this server. Seriously. There are a ton of useful headgears. Stop giving us trash or headgears that has extremely narrow uses.
  • Implement content right the first time
  • Buff the guild dungeons to make them really solid EXP
Integrity of the "Classic Experience"
  • We are on 11.1. Classic ends at 13.2. You have plenty of updates. Keep Renewal gear out of Classic until after 13.2, then rebalance the gear for Classic.
  • Only add Classic Headgears. Headgears available pre-RE, and only do that until we've hit 13.2. Consider using the original kRO or the modified jRO effects as well, not just strictly what we've done in the past.
  • Don't be afraid to slightly modify headgears but use common sense when you implement them. Refrain from making customizations that would surpass in game gear (as in, don't give us a headgear that gives 15% damage to demis, thus surpassing GMG)
Some Thoughts
  • It may be interesting to add in Endless Tower soon. As in, before all the MvPs in it are even available. It would make party play extremely valuable, as you would have access to gears such as Variants before Nameless. I'm not saying you SHOULD do this, just a thought.
  • Add in boxed headgears to the regular kafra shop eventually. The exclusivity of boxed gear is a major turn off for new players. 1-2 months after the box, start adding in the gear. Base the price of the gear off of a few things: Usefulness and what it does when Upgraded. If a headgear has to be +9, it can cost less because it has to be +9 to be useful. Mids and Lowers can be expensive because it's "buy once and done"
  • Add in the 1-86 turn ins, and really, don't shy towards adding more. Keep away from 89-99 turn ins, but you could say, add a Raydric turn in for 75-85, add Marc turn ins for 50-65, etc etc, to not only promote party play for turn ins, but to promote map diversity.
For headgears that could be added now and have uses in WoE, please refer to: http://forums.warppo...the-kafra-shop/

Edited by Jaffer, 18 May 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#90 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I was personally shocked that I had to pay to class up. I mean, come on gravity :|

As scuba said, I dont FEEL like VIP --- for having to shell out the money for it.

VIP Should be removing the Reset stone requirement. PM Me what class you changed to and I can look into this.

#91 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

VIP Should be removing the Reset stone requirement. PM Me what class you changed to and I can look into this.

That's not what he meant. Basic gameplay shouldn't need VIP or a payment. It makes people not want to pay for a VIP when they are being forced to do so.

#92 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Its like "Hey you want to use kafra storage? Gotta be VIP for that!" Its basic game function stop charging for it.

#93 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

if you want to rant about vip / subscription, go make an extra thread.
most people posting here have multiple accounts vip'ed and spend a lot on Kafra shop, and the GMs don't even seem to care about them.

2. Account Bound Gear: suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever."

Unbind everything for ever and ever? The topic should be done by now, look at all the essays people wrote with very good arguments.

Thors, Nameless, Moscovia, Sealed Shrine, Endless Tower, Biolabs 3 (doesnt count as being ingame, the way it is set up), DG, New World, Niddhogur;Taekwon Masters; Unbind Gear Update; Spawn fixes; etc

#94 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

The VIP thing might not be so bad if the server wasn't advertised as being F2P only for new players to find out it's needed to make their 2nd job change. I have seen quite a few quit over this. I know there's ways around it with KP or Zeny to get Magic Stones, but those are around 5-8m now. For a new player who knows no one in the game yet, that is a very high amount of money. The magic stones are useless anyway, why do they continue to exist?

#95 Teiren

Teiren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

I thought they were supposed to be anti-bot measures, but something about that seems flawed, and I doubt it's working anymore. I get the idea behind it, but did it ever work?

Edited by Teiren, 18 May 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#96 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

At the beginning of the server it was sort of useful. But I can see justification in removing it now. The people who are botting can afford all the stones they need but new players have to either VIP up (which i always encourage them to do, the benefits are pretty huge), buy a bunch of WPE or run around town begging. I think the issue is that it's not entirely clear to people when they start, so when they hit job 40/50 and want to change they've gotta deal with getting their account verified etc so they can purchase WPE.

#97 yoon

yoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

good woe guys see you next time

#98 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

The suggestion is "unbind everything forever" because that's what needs to happen.

I don't know how we can make it more clear that the binding of gear (outside of things like BG gear) is KILLING the game's economy.

#99 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Upgrading or stat enchanting these armors is going to remove more of them from circulation than having a quitting player leave with their one or maybe two pieces.

#100 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Please add ghostring card, deviling card, and maya purple card to old card albums. Thanks xD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users