iRO classic - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

iRO classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#101 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Running the classic server should have been the easiest thing in the world. Implement everything as it was, change nothing, and people would come. Did you not get the memo that the more you customized crap, the more people left?

#102 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

The Magic Stone System somehow reminded me of those random-generic MMO/Browser Games/WoW which let you play for like 10 to 20 hours, reach like 1/5 of Max Lvl, running around with starting equip and then forcing you to pay for whatever reason to play a game you know nothing of.

And at least one or two real GMs (being online and actually banning stuff!) should work wonders too. They don't need to be veteran players or know anything detailed about Ro, just simply log in for 2-3 hours a day and get bots banned. There are several maps which are botted around the clock with 20+ bots simultaneously - and really, no one needs a clue about Ro to see the difference between a real player and those bots.
I don't know what's so hard about this, every other server i played on (euRo, fRo) had at least some sort of "ingame presence". euRo had a pm-able name where every GM was linked to (gm-de or gm-en for example!), fRo had weekly sessions where GMs actually answered questions directly.

#103 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

The Magical Stone system could have worked, if only they were not tradable at all.

#104 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

Problems with the server

1) Too many custom changes. Just give us prerenewal RO. Throw some events or whatever in . You would think the office would have learned when you guys tried to change how transing worked.
2) Get rid of them magical stone and BOE. Classic needs new blood, and these two things are what have made A LOT of my friends say "nope not doing it "
3) Advertise. I have yet to see a single RO advertisement since like 2005.
4) Ban all the cheaters. Perm ban. You packet hack? You lose your account. That simple.
5) Get rid of these speed lvling spots. Change the party exp system to promote partying. Make a custom map ( this time I'll support it ) that encourages party play, with good drops and good exp.

What the community needs to do

1) Stop begging for updates every week. Most MMORPG's do 2-3 major updates a year. We had that in 3 months last year for classic.
2) Stop asking for farm bots to be banned. Let's be honest here, at this point in the game, it would do way more harm than good. Are you going to farm your EDP supplies? Are you going to farm your acid bomb supplies? Are you going to farm supplies for slim whites? Are you going to farm your straws? Maybe but I am willing to be 70-80% of the server won't.
3) Play fair. Period.

#105 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Problems with the server

1) Too many custom changes. Just give us prerenewal RO. Throw some events or whatever in . You would think the office would have learned when you guys tried to change how transing worked.
2) Get rid of them magical stone and BOE. Classic needs new blood, and these two things are what have made A LOT of my friends say "nope not doing it "
3) Advertise. I have yet to see a single RO advertisement since like 2005.
4) Ban all the cheaters. Perm ban. You packet hack? You lose your account. That simple.
5) Get rid of these speed lvling spots. Change the party exp system to promote partying. Make a custom map ( this time I'll support it ) that encourages party play, with good drops and good exp.

What the community needs to do

1) Stop begging for updates every week. Most MMORPG's do 2-3 major updates a year. We had that in 3 months last year for classic.
2) Stop asking for farm bots to be banned. Let's be honest here, at this point in the game, it would do way more harm than good. Are you going to farm your EDP supplies? Are you going to farm your acid bomb supplies? Are you going to farm supplies for slim whites? Are you going to farm your straws? Maybe but I am willing to be 70-80% of the server won't.
3) Play fair. Period.

hypocrisy OP in bold huehue

#106 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

It is the only fair challenge, nobody wants to waste his or her time to keep a world of cheaters alive. The bots are making this server into a joke without any challenge at all.

#107 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

No one in BG, No one in PvP, no one to party with. Yeah, this game is ending. Maybe eventually I'll renew VIP and get some KP's. This is boring.

#108 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

My point about the bots is , RIGHT NOW, removing them would do more harm than good. If you removed all the bots tomorrow, along with all the mats they farmed, how many people would quit? A lot. I am not saying let bots stay forever, but right now there are more pressing concerns to deal with.

#109 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

There was actually a small amount of advertisement for the Classic server around launch if I remember correctly.

Removing all the bots right now would be amazing, sadly we couldnt retroactively remove all the supplies a guild had bought or bot farmed themselves, but it would make things more interesting than fielding 5 bombers and going hog wild.

#110 OnMyWay

OnMyWay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:RIP Classic? =D

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yup and these bots are also heavily affecting the WOE scene. If we didnt have bot farmers, do you think guilds would have that much Biochemists bombing endlessly during WOEs?

Unlimited slims, blue pots, bombs, EDP... lotsa bombers and sinxs with 100% of their power the whole 2 hours of WOE. Not really complaining about sinxs but if a guild has a lot of bot farmers, and lets say 5++ bombers, well yes thats gonna make a big difference in terms of dps compared to only using bombs/EDP when the situation calls for it the most. =D

As Musu said we should first address other issues like getting more ppl to play on Classic, then getting rid of the bots comes next. however one way to get "new player population" to go up is to eliminate bots so.... o_O

#111 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

It also gives new players a good way to make some quick zeny, going and farming stems/psores and then moving onto something like Starsand is a good way to farm up enough to get started.

But you're right we've got bigger fish to fry right now. I'm glad we got Campitors attention lets see what happens from here, hopefully we'll get some more words tomorrow when they all get back into the office and maybe Odas holiday will end too.

#112 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

I imagine they all resigned. And nobody told Campitor. They just said they were "going on vacation". He's probably just sitting in the empty office, "Gee, I wonder when everyone's coming back..."

#113 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

My point about the bots is , RIGHT NOW, removing them would do more harm than good. If you removed all the bots tomorrow, along with all the mats they farmed, how many people would quit? A lot. I am not saying let bots stay forever, but right now there are more pressing concerns to deal with.

Removing all farm bots would do minor harm - it would kill off our already dead woe scene, and it would remove players which are only online for woe.
Those players are "dead potential" anyways, they are neither lvling nor doing anything besides woe.
If you look at some posts from guildleaders you will notice that all "big guilds" have like 1-4 people online during usual days. So we lose about 20 active players per day...and i think at least 300 "active" players trough bots.

The good side at it: New players won't get faceslapped by bots, low-lvl loot will get some value and newer players will be able to make some easy zeny while lvling.
Also smaller guilds will have at least a little more chance to WoE.

#114 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

No guild uses 5 bombers because using 5 bombers is more damaging then beneficial to your guild. GvG 101 guys.

#115 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Back on topic... Campitor, what we would really like is an Updated timeline of what updates and fixes, (mentioned in this thread), will be coming down the pipes in the next maints. Thank you for actually reading some of the posts in this thread.

#116 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Removing all farm bots would do minor harm - it would kill off our already dead woe scene, and it would remove players which are only online for woe.
Those players are "dead potential" anyways, they are neither lvling nor doing anything besides woe.
If you look at some posts from guildleaders you will notice that all "big guilds" have like 1-4 people online during usual days. So we lose about 20 active players per day...and i think at least 300 "active" players trough bots.

The good side at it: New players won't get faceslapped by bots, low-lvl loot will get some value and newer players will be able to make some easy zeny while lvling.
Also smaller guilds will have at least a little more chance to WoE.

I agree with you. At some point i dislike Musu's statement, I feel like let the rich be richer and poor be poorer.
Im thinking if we could increase the drop rate of those materials needed so that we could farm them effecient enough?
Anyway, seeing the amount of bots now, it could be really frustrating to play as for me a normal player that do not WOE. Given the numbers of online compare to number of bots, I really think maybe this server is no better then some pserver. (no offence, not advertising pserver) I somehow feel like there is a pyramid, at the most bottom are those bots, they supply for those so called active "WOE players" who only play during WOE time. And I as a regular player feel like been ignored. What else could I do except leveling?

#117 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

For the people talking about banning bots..... you guys know that the GMs have no time for that...

#118 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

For the people talking about banning bots..... you guys know that the GMs have no time for that...

Yes I know that LOL. We have been seeing GMs are running out of man power recently.

#119 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

So, some ppl said there is very less influx of new players... New players is the usually make money by farming mats to sell at buy shop... No new player= no mats sold to buy shop....

So, if there is a guild that can supply their members with good survivable amout... Omg, they farmed their mats themself... Such a adorable guild ...

Or botter...

#120 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

I brought some ppl from renewal and regardless that they are off-guilds yet and just starting, i try to help them make acquaintances with other ppl that i know to party and make deals with them. this week im soon bringing another 2, but well i think socializing and trying to find ppl who are really still playing classic would be the best option for me.

#121 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

I actually wanted to play classic since renewal was new to me but players convinced me otherwise.

#122 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

I actually wanted to play classic since renewal was new to me but players convinced me otherwise.

If I havn't played RO before renewal, i probably would have gone there.

#123 OnMyWay

OnMyWay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:RIP Classic? =D

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

The weekend is over and I'm sure everyone who posted here would love to hear from the GMs if they have plans to promote the server and help boost its population. =)

edit-We know you guys are busy with RO2 but please do realize that if managed well, RO1 can bring in more money if thats what you are concerned about the most

Edited by OnMyWay, 20 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#124 gugubi

gugubi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Classic.Loki

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I brought some ppl from renewal and regardless that they are off-guilds yet and just starting, i try to help them make acquaintances with other ppl that i know to party and make deals with them. this week im soon bringing another 2, but well i think socializing and trying to find ppl who are really still playing classic would be the best option for me.

Could you hook me up? It sucks playing alone. Been trying to talk to people but they never respond. D:

#125 JohnNooodles

JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

So, some ppl said there is very less influx of new players... New players is the usually make money by farming mats to sell at buy shop... No new player= no mats sold to buy shop....

So, if there is a guild that can supply their members with good survivable amout... Omg, they farmed their mats themself... Such a adorable guild ...

Or botter...

That's one of the problems...you rarely see any new players running around. This game really needs to advertise on places besides website ads. Most people these days use adblock anyway so why bother having some kind of banner. RO1 needs a commercial or something that a lot of people will see and maybe even some old players will come back. The only people who probably play RO1 now either played it before, heard of it from a friend, or found it searching for MMOs. I would love to see first job classes running around farming and leveling that aren't bots or someone's alts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users