Dear DPS

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Please stop rushing and killing mobs before our tank aggro's them. You're ruining everyone's day.

Sincerely,
The Team

#2 NekoLady

NekoLady

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationMy Room
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Please stop rushing and killing mobs before our tank aggro's them. You're ruining everyone's day.

Sincerely,
The Team

* wasted space*

#3 6668130512182305977

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

welcome to PUGs. i hate PUGs

#4 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Dear tanks,
Please stop standing still for 5secs after every mob is killed. Also, please stop chatting unnecessary things because we are waiting for you to initiate combat and when you chat useless stuffs, it'll take our run longer. Lastly, when there's only one enemy, please stop doing AoE because we could catch up to your threat if you keep doing that. Thank you.

PS:
Please know that we can tank 1-2 mob. So when a mob aggro us, you don't have to come after it. When you do that and you're tanking a boss that does a small AoE like Red Scar, you'll get us to the AoE too. Because of things like that, we have to move backwards. Then when we move backwards, there's a possibility that we could step on a trap or agro a monster there and it's really troublesome.

Edited by iyoter, 17 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#5 electrolights

electrolights

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Dear Dungeon Party,

LOL ICEWALL.

Sincerely,
Your Wizard.

#6 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Dear Tanks,

It has come to our attention that party members are being bonked upside the head. We find your ability to stand in one spot and allow this gross misconduct of monsters to go unchallenged quite disturbing. If you would be so kind, please Taunt the boss back to yourself when it tries to randomly two shot the healer or DPS using its own "taunt" skill.

Your cooperation would be most appreciated. We look forwarding to looting the drops again with you soon.

Regards,

The Team

#7 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Dear Tanks,

It has come to our attention that party members are being bonked upside the head. We find your ability to stand in one spot and allow this gross misconduct of monsters to go unchallenged quite disturbing. If you would be so kind, please Taunt the boss back to yourself when it tries to randomly two shot the healer or DPS using its own "taunt" skill.

Your cooperation would be most appreciated. We look forwarding to looting the drops again with you soon.

Regards,

The Team

Bosses will randomly target people, it;s a fact of life, though Eremes Guile/Julianna are the biggest offenders. Get used to it. :P

#8 Yooji

Yooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Dear Dungeon Party,

LOL ICEWALL.

Sincerely,
Your Wizard.

I lol'd

#9 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

Sincerely,
The Team

yes. Please. I won't heal DPSes until bosses as such.

#10 6668130512182305977

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

i like to face tank with my healer, cuz i like to live dangerously.

#11 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

i like to face tank with my healer, cuz i like to live dangerously.

Best comment yet. <3

#12 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

I love face tanks! As a healer, I agree with the tanks--watch the threat meter and stop out DPSing the main tank as much as possible. If you mess up, I'll heal you anyway, because I care about keeping the entire party alive, not just the tank, but tanks get priority.

#13 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Sincerely,
The Team

I do that often when a tank don't know or I don't know what he's doing - like going after every mob in the map. It's my way of saying "this way you fool! that mob isn't even bothering anybody and its not on the way, nor it's on the quest or khara".........or "what are you standing there for? are you actually looting useless stuffs or turning the camera using your keyboard? cmon move faster".

#14 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Kids, always such in a rush.....live life, take your time, the game will still be there tomorrow....

#15 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

I do that often when a tank don't know or I don't know what he's doing - like going after every mob in the map. It's my way of saying "this way you fool! that mob isn't even bothering anybody and its not on the way, nor it's on the quest or khara".........or "what are you standing there for? are you actually looting useless stuffs or turning the camera using your keyboard? cmon move faster".

Next time, you know...actually help the person out. Tell them what YOU think THEY need to be doing, if it seems/sounds logical, then im sure they wont have a problem doing it. Dont just run off all sad kid style and attack mobs because you want the tank to go your way.

About the whole standing still after a kill. Whats that, an extra 3 minutes added to the total dungeon time in the end. Yeah, what a killer. How dare someone go to the bathroom whilst i be in the party. WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO TALK TO PEOPLE!? Why wont they move instantaneously right after kills to the next mob that I WANT THEM TO KILL?

WHY DO THEY EVEN EXIST?!?!?!

Edit: On a serious note. Suggestion is never bad thing.

Edited by Aperture, 17 May 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#16 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Next time, you know...actually help the person out. Tell them what YOU think THEY need to be doing, if it seems/sounds logical, then im sure they wont have a problem doing it. Dont just run off all sad kid style and attack mobs because you want the tank to go your way.

About the whole standing still after a kill. Whats that, an extra 3 minutes added to the total dungeon time in the end. Yeah, what a killer. How dare someone go to the bathroom whilst i be in the party. WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO TALK TO PEOPLE!? Why wont they move instantaneously right after kills to the next mob that I WANT THEM TO KILL?

WHY DO THEY EVEN EXIST?!?!?!

Edit: On a serious note. Suggestion is never bad thing.

You think I haven't done that? They get offended easily lol they think they're lead coz they're tank. If a mob isn't necessary, and it won't be in a way in case someone dies later, then SKIP IT. And if they are going to the bathroom or something, then say something, not just stand there. And if you're going to talk, make sure someone actually cares coz you're delaying the party for bunch of crap.

#17 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Kids, always such in a rush.....live life, take your time, the game will still be there tomorrow....

You said it! +1

#18 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Dear DPS, please realise there is a chat option in the game. And if you need to make a point there is the option to tell me.

#19 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Please know that you are the tank and everyone is waiting for you. If you want to chat about the weather, don't go to a public party or don't go to a dungeon at all. Again, everyone is waiting for you to initiate combat.

#20 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

Dear Tanks and Healers,
Don't mind me at all, I can tank these mobs I'm pulling myself and heal myself through it~ just trying to speed up the run!
Love,
DPS Priests

#21 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Dear Tanks and Healers,
Don't mind me at all, I can tank these mobs I'm pulling myself and heal myself through it~ just trying to speed up the run!
Love,
DPS Priests

Enjoy those hard mode crits. :P

#22 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

"Dear Healers,
just be better at healing me, you noobs.

Regards,
xXDarkKiritoXx"

#23 Nirrado

Nirrado

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I generally pull pretty fast, but if the DPS get antsy and wanna pull themselves that's fine, hope they can solo the pack cause my healer usually has the same sentiment as me.

#24 Moonlepsy

Moonlepsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

Dear Dungeon Party,

LOL ICEWALL.

Sincerely,
Your Wizard.

PS Teleport : 3

#25 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Also, please stop chatting unnecessary things because we are waiting for you to initiate combat and when you chat useless stuffs, it'll take our run longer.

Oh lord, you should never let me tank for you then. When someone joins my party I damn well expect them to at least tell me how their day is going. We usually talk about food too.

Please know that you are the tank and everyone is waiting for you. If you want to chat about the weather, don't go to a public party or don't go to a dungeon at all. Again, everyone is waiting for you to initiate combat.

I think I will continue to go wherever I want. :eyes:

I believe that chatting with my parties is beneficial for like increasing morale and stuff. Not to mention I've done most of these dungeons SO many times before that the people I meet in them have become the only interesting part of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users